Death Valley Wildflower Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike. it's been quite a road from Hyder to DV, see you there.

FJRK, looking forward to meeting you. You may not yet know anyone but we should be easy to recognize. As for knowing your way around - there aren't many roads from which to choose.

MMike's words are the voice of experience. Hint: I ride slow (well, for an FJR), Fairlaner does not (by any standard).

I just did a route for Saturday which includes the following....in order that makes sense.

Dantes view.

Zabriskie point (never been)

Badwater

Ashford Mill ( never been)

Shoshone (for Lunch)

Artists Drive

Borax Mine and 20 mule team exhibit.

That should take care of most of the south side of the park....There will also be other place's to stop and take pictures of the flower as we come upon them.

If you want the route for your Garmin PM me.

R

Last edited by a moderator:
We are meeting the guys from Stove Pipe at Dante's View at 9.30 saturday am...
R
Ya jus' told me Friday :eek: didn'tcha ? I have it in print --- yer gettin' as bad as me ! :rolleyes:
Thank God for this post, was starting to think I was only sorry old senile bastard suffering from Alzheimer's. Always 1st to go and I can never remember the 2nd one!

We are meeting the guys from Stove Pipe at Dante's View at 9.30 saturday am...
R
Ya jus' told me Friday :eek: didn'tcha ? I have it in print --- yer gettin' as bad as me ! :rolleyes:
Duh Roger I was hoping OM would run up Dante's on Saturday.........

just kidding yes it was supposed to be Friday and NOT Saturday, We are meeting at FC for breakfast Saturday.

R

...and daylight savings has no effect whatsoever on this ride, right? 'Cause it does not kick in until 02:00h on the 14th, which is Sunday... and that impacts neither the Dante's View meet up nor breakfast at FC. I'm getting too old to keep all this crap straight...where's my note pad....errrr PDA?

You are right Joseph....it is only relevant to our leaving time on Sunday.

For the guys heading south after this some of us are going to head west thru DV to 395 and then south, if you want to tag along (Jill, Andy, Joe) let us know.

R

Lord, you guys make it fun to read along.

I'm with Don, I thought I was the only one..... :dribble:

...and daylight savings has no effect whatsoever on this ride, right? 'Cause it does not kick in until 02:00h on the 14th, which is Sunday... and that's neither the Dante's View meet up nor breakfast at FC. I'm getting too old to keep all this crap straight...where's my note pad....errrr PDA?
Who's on first, What's on second, and I Don't Know is on third; with Manny Mota up to bat, at home plate. Oh, I wish Seth and I weren't in RadioHowieLand 3/13 to 3/20!

As Warchild would say, a soup sandwich is being prepared here. Sure sorry I will miss this, this will be our California FJR Forum Crew screwing up maximum and going crazy!