DFW area 1st Saturday/Sunday Schedule

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want to go ahead and mark your calendars, the next installment will be Sunday, February 2nd. If the weather is foul, then we'll at least share a cup of coffee or some lunch. Following our current pattern we would be meeting somewhere in Arlington, location TBA.
*edit* Possible location for February get together: Mochalux Cafe
that's cool for february. meeting at cafes/coffee shops is fine if we are gonna take off and ride.

i would just like to throw out there that i would like to keep the bar/restaurant format instead of coffee shops for the cold/rainy/inclimate weather days where we can't ride but are just going to meet instead. i don't think we'll see many of them, but in case february doesn't play nice for us, i'd like to see an alternate location for lunch/meeting up. when we get closer to this date and see how the weather looks, then we could nail down a different place if we can't ride. hopefully that won't be the case!!

You read my mind. I ran across that place and thought it might be a good meeting point if we're going to ride and so I added it to my post. I figure once we're about a week away from the date, the forecast should give us a better sense of whether or not we need to instead plan on a lunch location. Anyone familiar with that area want to make a suggestion or two for the lunch option?

Like maybe this one: lunch option
hey i just noticed you picked Sunday, not Saturday for February. keep in mind that that is SuperBowl Sunday! I don't think the Cowgirls have a snowball's chance in making it to the big show, but regardless of who is in it, I prolly won't be out riding that day. I'm guessing others may feel the same way?? I realize it doesn't start until 5 pm for us, but with pregame business, food to prepare, parties to attend, etc. Sunday just doesn't seem like the best choice.

So move to Saturday the 2nd?? If no one else minds, then go ahead and keep it on the 3rd and I'll catch up with y'all in March unless the weather is bad. And yeah, Hooters is fine. There's also this really cool place: BJ's Restaurant on I-20 and Matlock. Awesome pizza, brewed on the spot beer, very cool atmosphere. Just another option.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to go ahead and mark your calendars, the next installment will be Sunday, February 2nd. If the weather is foul, then we'll at least share a cup of coffee or some lunch. Following our current pattern we would be meeting somewhere in Arlington, location TBA.
*edit* Possible location for February get together: Mochalux Cafe
that's cool for february. meeting at cafes/coffee shops is fine if we are gonna take off and ride.

i would just like to throw out there that i would like to keep the bar/restaurant format instead of coffee shops for the cold/rainy/inclimate weather days where we can't ride but are just going to meet instead. i don't think we'll see many of them, but in case february doesn't play nice for us, i'd like to see an alternate location for lunch/meeting up. when we get closer to this date and see how the weather looks, then we could nail down a different place if we can't ride. hopefully that won't be the case!!

You read my mind. I ran across that place and thought it might be a good meeting point if we're going to ride and so I added it to my post. I figure once we're about a week away from the date, the forecast should give us a better sense of whether or not we need to instead plan on a lunch location. Anyone familiar with that area want to make a suggestion or two for the lunch option?

Like maybe this one: lunch option
hey i just noticed you picked Sunday, not Saturday for February. keep in mind that that is SuperBowl Sunday! I don't think the Cowgirls have a snowball's chance in making it to the big show, but regardless of who is in it, I prolly won't be out riding that day. I'm guessing others may feel the same way?? I realize it doesn't start until 5 pm for us, but with pregame business, food to prepare, parties to attend, etc. Sunday just doesn't seem like the best choice.

So move to Saturday the 2nd?? If no one else minds, then go ahead and keep it on the 3rd and I'll catch up with y'all in March unless the weather is bad. And yeah, Hooters is fine. There's also this really cool place: BJ's Restaurant on I-20 and Matlock. Awesome pizza, brewed on the spot beer, very cool atmosphere. Just another option.
Pictures! I want to see pictures from the ride! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

GP

I agree with Chik 'o de FJR - I'd love to join ya'll for a ride but Superbowl Sunday is out for me. The Saturday before, depending on how cold it is (I'm a wuss that only rides between 50 and 110 degrees), is good with me.

If folks are looking for a route, I'll throw This One out for discussion.

Let's wait a few more days until we can check the 10 day weather forecast. If both days are going to be lousy for riding then maybe we just get together one of the mornings for coffee and maybe look at future ride planning.

Hey, I know we are taking turns on different parts of town and so forth, but based on the new motorcylce specific cafe which we are discussing on another thread in this section
https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=30416

Perhaps we could consider meeting here if we are not riding, I can vouch for the food and the coffee.

Food for thought :cheffsmiley:
I really like this suggestion. It would be neat to see a pack of FJR's show up at his place. I'm open to trying to have our Feb gathering here. Does anyone else object to this? If not, let's meet try to meet there (Sat or Sun yet to be determined) and we'll go to our South location in March. Feedback? Thoughts? Opinions?

Hey, I know we are taking turns on different parts of town and so forth, but based on the new motorcylce specific cafe which we are discussing on another thread in this section
https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=30416

Perhaps we could consider meeting here if we are not riding, I can vouch for the food and the coffee.

Food for thought :cheffsmiley:
I really like this suggestion. It would be neat to see a pack of FJR's show up at his place. I'm open to trying to have our Feb gathering here. Does anyone else object to this? If not, let's meet try to meet there (Sat or Sun yet to be determined) and we'll go to our South location in March. Feedback? Thoughts? Opinions?
Marcos,

You made the call brotha. Motopia is da place in my mind...but, I am only a vote of 1. FJR@DTS did a great recon for us and I think it would make a good meeting place for at least one of our gatherings.

Count me in...but, hell...I am flexible like Gumbi (Dammit)...Semper Gumbi.

Rex

RLTW!!

Ok, here's a question, the extended forcast shows a nice sunny day on Sat. and possible rain for Sun. Would there be interest in meeting on Sat instead? Thoughts?

Ok, here's a question, the extended forcast shows a nice sunny day on Sat. and possible rain for Sun. Would there be interest in meeting on Sat instead? Thoughts?
Given the superbowl and the near perfect weather on Saturday, it sorta makes sense to move this weekend's gtg to Sat. Since work has really kept me away from home these last few weeks, I'll likely only be around for a cup of coffee or something so I don't have a large stake in date selection. Anyone object to moving from Sunday to Saturday?

Given the superbowl and the near perfect weather on Saturday, it sorta makes sense to move this weekend's gtg to Sat. Since work has really kept me away from home these last few weeks, I'll likely only be around for a cup of coffee or something so I don't have a large stake in date selection. Anyone object to moving from Sunday to Saturday?

Marcos,

Saturday works for me...I think FJR@DTS is right on.

Rex

well this is shaping up to be a perfect weekend! riding the FJR with my peeps on saturday and watching the superbowl in all its glory on sunday! excellent!

so what the plan? if its gonna be nice, are we gonna save motopia for another time? since we're supposed to be in arlington this time, it only makes sense to go ride south and west of the metroplex. we could hit 157 on the way outta town and then head over to other good stuff, FM 4 past Granbury. Or we could do some good stuff i've got on a map and head out to Stephenville for BBQ.

just some thoughts. any other ideas?

well this is shaping up to be a perfect weekend! riding the FJR with my peeps on saturday and watching the superbowl in all its glory on sunday! excellent!
so what the plan? if its gonna be nice, are we gonna save motopia for another time? since we're supposed to be in arlington this time, it only makes sense to go ride south and west of the metroplex. we could hit 157 on the way outta town and then head over to other good stuff, FM 4 past Granbury. Or we could do some good stuff i've got on a map and head out to Stephenville for BBQ.

just some thoughts. any other ideas?
Is it just me or does that ^^^ sound like someone volunteering to lead and plan February's event?

On Topic:

I vote FJRChick leads this ride! And, I don't know my way round here much, where would we meet in Addison?

Which ride do you want? I mentioned 2 of them. The one to Stephenville will take longer but the reward is Hard 8 BBQ!! I dug the map out this morning but left it at home. I'll see if I can reroute it and post it up for y'all to peruse.

something like this look interesting?

meet at I-20 and Cooper/157 area. head south. hit the twisties on 157 before venus. continue on to maypearl. 66 for just a few feet to 916 west. all the way to rio vista. continue on 916 until in turns in to CR-1224A and then turn left on 1434. go to 200 and up to 67.

then proceed through Glen Rose. take 203 to Walnut Springs, then 927 to Iredell. then 1238 to 219. good twisties through there. then 219 to Fairy and onto Carlton. then 914 up through Alexander to Stephenville.

So we can eat here!!

I know someone on an FJR has done this route with me before but I can't remember who. My GPS always loses it in Iredell and then I get turned around and we have to pull over. it sucks. but I think L8RG8R will be coming with and he has a new Garmin than I do and he can help me out, since he's done this one before. Between the 2 of us, we'll get ya there! ;)

We may need to meet a bit earlier than 10. Maybe meet at 8:30 am, so we can leave by 9 am?? Unless you don't mind a late, mid-afternoon lunch. We can hurry back on the slab so you boys can be home by 5.

ok, cuss and discuss it!

ok, after chatting with ryan, he found a better route other than 67 all the way glen rose. so a new map has been posted and new directions added. i can print these off for everyone for your tank bags if u want. just tell me who is coming or if you want to change something.