DFW area 1st Saturday/Sunday Schedule

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like i can go. i'm guessing 9 am won't be all that warm yet. may have to get out my heated gear for once!

edit: looks warmer than i had previously read. sweet! no bags needed!

Last edited by a moderator:
will see you guys around 9:30... unless it's raining...

OK, it smells like rain right now... but the weather changes around here frequently... <BG>

mary

First one here :yahoo: I got a little carried away getting out the door today. Just exicited about the beautiful day to ride. See ya'll soon

am headed to ryan's shortly, then we'll be on our way. see yas soon!

A very nice and enjoyable day guys and gals! No tickets and no crashes. Kudo's to Marcos for suggesting this ride. Now why haven't we been doing this all along? Thanks for a very enjoyable day. Lets keep this ride going, if not twice a month then at least once a month.

It really was a pleasure to ride with all of you today. There were a few old faces missing that I hope get to join us next time. Ryan, you did a great job leading us out there. I can't wait to do this again. I think this link will take you to a slideshow of the pictures I took today.

If you want to go ahead and mark your calendars, the next installment will be Sunday, February 2nd. If the weather is foul, then we'll at least share a cup of coffee or some lunch. Following our current pattern we would be meeting somewhere in Arlington, location TBA.

*edit* Possible location for February get together: Mochalux Cafe

Also, don't feel like you have to wait until February to try and organize another group ride. Use our standard DFW thread for any improvised rides.

Thanks again!

Thanks Marcus and Michelle for organizing today's ride. I enjoyed meeting and riding with those that I had not met before. It was a perfect day for a ride. Thanks.

John

It was nice seeing everyone today. What a day!! I'm looking forward to another ride.

Thanks everyone, it was most enjoyable

All the accidents and rain I saw was before I got there.

So that means you folks are good luck!

It wans nice to meet everyone.

Thanks again.

Mary

Wow, what a great day! Thanks for the ride everyone. Marcos and Ryan, appreciations for your coordinations and leading/sweeping the ride. You both did outstanding.

I enjoyed seeing ones that I have met before and meeting some wonderful "new" folks. The scenery was fantastic...especially the route up along the Red River.

I look forward to riding with you all again. Until then, ride safe.

In Appreciation,

Rex

RLTW!!

Well, it was nice to meet everyone and go on a great Saturday ride. I really enjoyed it all, even the lunch at the gourmet eatery. We could not have had better weather. I'll try to get some of my pictures posted later, just a bit under the weather today. FJRChick, could you send me the group pic?

Well, it was nice to meet everyone and go on a great Saturday ride. I really enjoyed it all, even the lunch at the gourmet eatery. We could not have had better weather. I'll try to get some of my pictures posted later, just a bit under the weather today. FJRChick, could you send me the group pic?
yep sure can. PM your addy.

i'm uploading my pics right now. should have them ready tonight!

If you want to go ahead and mark your calendars, the next installment will be Sunday, February 2nd. If the weather is foul, then we'll at least share a cup of coffee or some lunch. Following our current pattern we would be meeting somewhere in Arlington, location TBA.
that's cool for february. meeting at cafes/coffee shops is fine if we are gonna take off and ride.

i would just like to throw out there that i would like to keep the bar/restaurant format instead of coffee shops for the cold/rainy/inclimate weather days where we can't ride but are just going to meet instead. i don't think we'll see many of them, but in case february doesn't play nice for us, i'd like to see an alternate location for lunch/meeting up. when we get closer to this date and see how the weather looks, then we could nail down a different place if we can't ride. hopefully that won't be the case!!

that's cool for february. meeting at cafes/coffee shops is fine if we are gonna take off and ride.

i would just like to throw out there that i would like to keep the bar/restaurant format instead of coffee shops for the cold/rainy/inclimate weather days where we can't ride but are just going to meet instead. i don't think we'll see many of them, but in case february doesn't play nice for us, i'd like to see an alternate location for lunch/meeting up. when we get closer to this date and see how the weather looks, then we could nail down a different place if we can't ride. hopefully that won't be the case!!

You read my mind. I ran across that place and thought it might be a good meeting point if we're going to ride and so I added it to my post. I figure once we're about a week away from the date, the forecast should give us a better sense of whether or not we need to instead plan on a lunch location. Anyone familiar with that area want to make a suggestion or two for the lunch option?

Like maybe this one: lunch option