DFW area group

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noooooo, I don't think so. I prefer a professional. I don't trust my little piggies and massages to just anyone!

A couple of interesting notes when I picked up my bike today Tejas - great to see you and meet the family there BTW:

1. TBS was perfect, no adjustments needed. Which basically means I wasted some money today.

2. They put a nut on my mirror which was missing one from delivery, but it still vibrates and is not nearly as clear as left side. Hmmmm.

3. They didn't wash my bike. So I guess that's my project for tonight. I even found some mud on the seat when I got home last week!

4. They took off the rubber cord holder for my J&M that was on the side of my tank, for no reason at all. The cord slides right out of it. That's a one-time deal, so it wouldn't just stick back on there. I thought I had it back on there good but it flew off on the way to DFW Honda, right after we left Burleson. I have another in the box for the passenger, which I'll never use, so I'm good on the part, but point remains. They shouldn't have touched that.

4. As the day got warmer, I also felt no heat from the bike. It's my gear that makes me roast. Got a new throttle rocker and all was better on the way home. Big improvement.

So the guys at Burleson did alright, but I was hoping for better results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Noooooo, I don't think so. I prefer a professional. I don't trust my little piggies and massages to just anyone!
A couple of interesting notes when I picked up my bike today Tejas - great to see you and meet the family there BTW:

1. TBS was perfect, no adjustments needed. Which basically means I wasted some money today.

2. They put a nut on my mirror which was missing one from delivery, but it still vibrates and is not nearly as clear as left side. Hmmmm.

3. They didn't wash my bike. So I guess that's my project for tonight. I even found some mud on the seat when I got home last week!

4. They took off the rubber cord holder for my J&M that was on the side of my tank, for no reason at all. The cord slides right out of it. That's a one-time deal, so it wouldn't just stick back on there. I thought I had it back on there good but it flew off on the way to DFW Honda, right after we left Burleson. I have another in the box for the passenger, which I'll never use, so I'm good on the part, but point remains. They shouldn't have touched that.

4. As the day got warmer, I also felt no heat from the bike. It's my gear that makes me roast. Got a new throttle rocker and all was better on the way home. Big improvement.

So the guys at Burleson did alright, but I was hoping for better results.

I thought I'd start a thread for those of us in the metroplex that have expressed an interest in getting together so we can collect information that might help organize some rides. Maybe once we know where everyone lives we can figure out some central places to meet.
Name: Marcos

City: Bedford

Bike Status: '06 Waiter, 97 YZF 600R

Ride Availability: Friday and Saturday
hey marcos, i know ya sent this out in jan however if ya still takin' apps please put me down for one of your rides...just got my new FJR...my cruiser riders have disowned me...so i'm homeless...work phone is 214 659 8628 or cell 817 637 2109...close to ya folks...live in alvarado...have a great day my friend...

WAAA! I wanna ride!

3 weeks pre-surgery and today is the end of week 1 post-surgery. Left 1 crutch at home on Monday. Today I still have the other one (just in case) but am trying to make it through the day without using it. I tried that on Tuesday but half way through the day the leg screamed at me and made me take notice.

WAAAAA!

WAAA! I wanna ride!
3 weeks pre-surgery and today is the end of week 1 post-surgery. Left 1 crutch at home on Monday. Today I still have the other one (just in case) but am trying to make it through the day without using it. I tried that on Tuesday but half way through the day the leg screamed at me and made me take notice.

WAAAAA!
Hope you get well soon Bounce. Looking forward to meeting you and all the other local FJR owners.

GP ;)

WAAA! I wanna ride!

WAAAAA!

HeyBounce...what happen to ya...guess should read past post...uh!~...get well...soon...think of it as a stress test...L

patrick

A local group sounds great.

I like to ride Northwest or West or Southwest of here although Talimena National Scenic Byway sounds good, its just a very long day there and back.

I have a 2002 Triumph Thunderbird for sale

Name: Ray

City: Arlington (about 1.5 miles north of the Ballpark(s))

Bike Status: picked up my new 06 on May 6

Ride Availability: usually at least one day on a weekend (preferrably Sunday), weather permitting

:clapping: Hello Everyone,

Just thought I'd say "Hi" and introduce myself. I have had an '05 FJR A since September of '04. Just sold it a couple of weeks ago and just picked up my new '06 FJR AV this past Monday in Texarkana and drove it on a little 800 plus mile break-in jaunt through Arkansas.

I am up for getting together with a group to do some riding whenever possible.

I live up here in the Decatur region (29-30 miles west of Denton).

My job and work schedule are totally crazy though, 99% of you have weekends off. I work for an airline and am gone much of the time and there is absolutely no ryme or reason as to my days off.

If you folks plan a group ride and I am in town, would love to participate.

Scott

HeyBounce...what happen to ya...guess should read past post...uh!~...get well...soon...think of it as a stress test...L patrick
Thanks.

I hurt my knee. Had arthroscopic surgery on 5/11. Was doing pretty well until last night when the wife's *^( cat decided to try and barf on the carpet. I tried to get him onto the tile and my foot caught on something, sending me nearly toward a fall. Instinctively trying to keep from falling I really stressed my knee. In spite of 2 hydrocodones last night I didn't sleep until I got about 2 hours around 2pm this afternoon. I only hope it didn't damage the repair. A setback I can deal with. New damage would be very demoralizing and require a special cat-in-almond-sauce dinner to even think about feeling better about it.

HeyBounce...what happen to ya...guess should read past post...uh!~...get well...soon...think of it as a stress test...L patrick
Thanks.

I hurt my knee. Had arthroscopic surgery on 5/11. Was doing pretty well until last night when the wife's *^( cat decided to try and barf on the carpet. I tried to get him onto the tile and my foot caught on something, sending me nearly toward a fall. Instinctively trying to keep from falling I really stressed my knee. In spite of 2 hydrocodones last night I didn't sleep until I got about 2 hours around 2pm this afternoon. I only hope it didn't damage the repair. A setback I can deal with. New damage would be very demoralizing and require a special cat-in-almond-sauce dinner to even think about feeling better about it.
Dang cats. Hope you didn't create any new damage Bounce. We need to see you out and about with us.

Patrick (seaeagle), Ray(FJRayJ), and Scott(SMC)

We've started a N. TX spreadsheet with phone numbers and email addresses that everyone gets a copy of to help with organizing group rides and stuff. If you wanted to be added send me an email to:

marcos(at)velozity(dot)com

or you can drop me a private message here.

Geez....how many airline clowns are on this thing? I'm starting to feel part of the crowd and that is not a good thing.

No, I am the secretary....whenever I remember to bring my little red dress with matching purse. By the way....saw a feejer heading south on 360 just a little before five pm today....anyone in the forum?

Joe the cop? Or neighbor of cops? Just got his new 06 in?
I was setting you up for the Jo Momma response, but figured that would likely degrade into a whole string of bad Yo Momma jokes, so nevermind. No idea who that might have been. :D