DFW area group

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry Todd. Yep, got your info and sent it out to everyone but you (oops). I've sent you a couple of emails so all should be good now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Todd. Yep, got your info and sent it out to everyone but you (oops). I've sent you a couple of emails so all should be good now.
:D

If anyone is interested, myself and a friend with an '05 will be meeting in Trophy Club (TC Dr. and Hwy 114 at the gas station) at 8:15 on Sunday for a ride up to the NW toward Decatur.

Todd

If anyone is interested, myself and a friend with an '05 will be meeting in Trophy Club (TC Dr. and Hwy 114 at the gas station) at 8:15 on Sunday for a ride up to the NW toward Decatur.

Todd

Odot, BMWHD, fjrchik and TejasFJR,

Odot, I can't ride on Saturday this weekend, maybe another time. What is a "rotrally"?

BMWHD, since your ride is Sunday AM, I can make it. I'll just have to leave in time to get home by about 12:30.

fjrchik, you mentioned an interest in a Sunday morning ride; is meeting at TC Dr and 114 at 8:15 Sunday morning and heading to the Decatur area O.K. with you. I will be heading north on SH360 from Brown Blvd in North Arlington around 7:45 to get to the rendesvouz point at 8:15 so it isn't out of my way. Is it near you or would there be a convenient place for the rest of us to connect with you (like 114 at 287) at 8:45?

TejasFJR, I'll try to make it next Saturday mornnig. Please let me know what you have planned (I think you said something about Muenster), and when you want to leave.

If y'all have time, you can email me individually or through the group email Marcos set up. I don't think Odot's info is on the list......Come to think of it, I'll send this message through the list and maybe more of us North Texas D/FW folks will want to ride.

By the way, I checked with the Johnson County tax office and they always issue tags on NEW vehicles to expire at the end of the eleventh month after the purchase, therefore, April 2007 is the correct tag expiration date for a vehcle purchased in May of 2006. At least in that regard, Burleson Power Sport did not deserve that complaint from me.

Ray

I'll be at TC at 8:15 sunday!
Cool! Just so you know, the small group that meets there most weekends is a mix of all kinds. There may be a beemer or two and even a HD or a KLR. All good folks and experienced riders. May be just me. It varies every week. See you there.

Cool! Just so you know, the small group that meets there most weekends is a mix of all kinds. There may be a beemer or two and even a HD or a KLR. All good folks and experienced riders. May be just me. It varies every week. See you there.
Well I haven't heard back from any of them so I'm assuming that this is a bit too early for them. I earned a pretty good sunburn out on the lake today so I'm hoping that isn't gonna be uncomfortable under my gear. If I don't make it - that's why. But I'm gonna try. :D

Well I haven't heard back from any of them so I'm assuming that this is a bit too early for them. I earned a pretty good sunburn out on the lake today so I'm hoping that isn't gonna be uncomfortable under my gear. If I don't make it - that's why. But I'm gonna try. :D
We had a great ride today. We all went from TC up to Muenster for breakfast and then headed back down towards Decatur. Some of the group split off prior to Decatur and a few of us continued on and then took 287 home.

I think there were four '06s and one '05 FJR plus a KLR650, a GL1500, a Voyager, and an F650.

It was great to meet everyone from the list.

Todd

Well, I got dragged to rotrally. Hm...nice harley...nice harley...nice harley...nice harley....nice harley....christ are there any other bikes out there? I did see a couple of feejers out there, though, they didn't see me...probably. Did see some nice beemers out there. The sport touring aprilia....that was nice. It was one hot muther out there on saturday.

We had a great ride today. We all went from TC up to Muenster for breakfast and then headed back down towards Decatur. Some of the group split off prior to Decatur and a few of us continued on and then took 287 home.

I think there were four '06s and one '05 FJR plus a KLR650, a GL1500, a Voyager, and an F650.

Todd

Ditto on the great ride and meeting everyone.

Lets do it again, soon.

Ray

Last edited:

Todd

Hey Todd,

Congrats on the FJR!

I need to get over there and ride with you guys. I haven't seen or heard from you HEB guys in a while.

Jim

Todd said:

"Speaking of which, what is the general take on the various DFW dealers? I purchased from Motion Cyclesports in NE Dallas but that's a long haul for me and I was not impressed with the sales staff. I've also had very bad experiences trying to buy bikes from the guys in Hurst. Don't know about their service dept. however."

Todd,

Hopefully the dealers in the Grapevine area are better than the ones in the Plano/Dallas area. If not invest in some tools. I have done all the work on my 04 FJR myself or with other FJR riders (Hi Mark!). 35k miles now and runs better than ever.

Jim

Todd
Yep, nice ride. Til the very end. Road construction during the daytime. Aghhh! Someday I'll remember that I own a water vest and now would be the time to wear the dumb thing!!

Todd
Yep, nice ride. Til the very end. Road construction during the daytime. Aghhh! Someday I'll remember that I own a water vest and now would be the time to wear the dumb thing!!
Really was a nice ride and I know exactly what you mean about the water vest! I was thinking the same thing cruising down I-35.

Ditto on the great ride and meeting everyone.
Lets do it again, soon.

Ray
Hear, hear, Ray! It was a great ride. I enjoyed meeting everyone and I look forward to doing doing another ride again soon.

Ed

Another fjr sighting....american airlines blvd...about one this afternoon...anyone here?

So who's riding this weekend? Its only supposed to be 100 or so. fjrchik says that her favorite riding weather. So who's in?