DFW area group

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Tejas,

How was your experience at Burleson Power Sports? Did everything go well??

Email alias for the N. Texas FJR group is now up and running. Currently the following members are on this list:
TejasFJR

fjrchik

tripletango

GPRIDER

FiveOon05

Nosecone

FallenJimRidesAgain

An email was sent out using the new alias so if you didn't get it, please let me know. Spam filters can sometimes have a problem with the way I set up the alias but we should be able to work through it.
Can I play too? Located in Grapevine area near DFW airport. Just picked up my '06 two weeks ago.

BTW, anyone own a carbtune or other sync tool? I'd like to do my own TBS. In exchange, I'm good at farkle installs especially electrical work.

I'll add you to our list Todd. Send me whatever information you want to include on the list. The spreadsheet has headings for board handle, name, email address, phone number, and In Case of Emergency contact info. Send me a pm with whatever you want to include. I'm due to send out an updated spreadsheet later this week and I can include you.

Hey Tejas,How was your experience at Burleson Power Sports? Did everything go well??
Hiya chiky, how've ya been? Yeah they were nice enough and I don't have any complaints, but not sure it was worth the drive.

I'll add you to our list Todd. Send me whatever information you want to include on the list. The spreadsheet has headings for board handle, name, email address, phone number, and In Case of Emergency contact info. Send me a pm with whatever you want to include. I'm due to send out an updated spreadsheet later this week and I can include you.

Hey Tejas,

Hiya chiky, how've ya been? Yeah they were nice enough and I don't have any complaints, but not sure it was worth the drive.
Speaking of which, what is the general take on the various DFW dealers? I purchased from Motion Cyclesports in NE Dallas but that's a long haul for me and I was not impressed with the sales staff. I've also had very bad experiences trying to buy bikes from the guys in Hurst. Don't know about their service dept. however.

Pretty good. Spent a week in Vegas, had some fun but got sick halfway through it. Also we missed our flights home due to a comedy of errors. Glad to be home but sick, sick, sick. and tired. still on west coast nightlife time (up all night, sleep all day). Haven't done any riding since May 18th due to the vacation. But I'm ready to go!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey Tejas,

Speaking of which, what is the general take on the various DFW dealers? I purchased from Motion Cyclesports in NE Dallas but that's a long haul for me and I was not impressed with the sales staff. I've also had very bad experiences trying to buy bikes from the guys in Hurst. Don't know about their service dept. however.

Hey, Todd I bought my FJR at Motion also and I don't have any work done there now. They scarred up my rims pretty bad on tire changes. Central Yamaha in Plano is probably ok, but that's still a haul for you. I live in Mesquite and it's not close for me either. I know a guy in Mckinney that opened his own shop.(He was the service manager at Central Yam) He is an excellent wrench. He has my bike as we speak doing a valve check. He is the only person that has worked on my bike besides me. Also I've got a syncronizer if you can't find a volunteer any closer to you.

Hey Chik, hope you won some money in Sin city. Get well and let's all get together for a ride.

GP

Saw an fjr at trinity and 157 tonight....anyone here? I did more then wave. Was telling my buddy...you ever meet a person who rides the same thing you do...he's your best friend in the world. Who was my best friend last night?

Hey Tejas,

I bought my 06 at Burleson Power Sports on May 6. My paper tags expired May 26. I haven't been able to "legally" ride my FJR since then. How does it take over three weeks to get tags in JOHNSON County?

They wouldn't even accept my request that they mail me my tags until they had the tags in hand. They had them in hand and called me the day the paper tag expired. Then, they would accept my request to have the tags mailed to me. Five days later...still no tag. Is it that difficult? If they can't handle tags and don't understand or appreciate the concept of customer service on such a small issue (although a time wasting issue for this list price paying customer) how will they perform on more important issues?

I hope the Arlington Dealer or the Stadium Yamaha dealer on 183 in Irving are better.

Ray

Last edited:
Man that sucks Ray. I had them do my 600 mi service and everyone sure seemed friendly enough, but that doesn't sound like the right way to keep a customer happy. Hope you get your tags soon.

And Odot, that's right down the road from me. Sure hope that wasn't my wife taking my scooter out for a joyride. I guess it won't be long before I'll worry about my kids taking a bike out for a ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
FJRAy- Bought my '05 from Stadium good guys but no dealing! Service for some fairing screws was OK. They just gave me a coupla bucks worth of screws and said this should it. It didn't Finally went to Arlington Powersports off 360 there closer to my house and the guy adjusted all the fairings and put in all new screws for nothing! I also had them do my 600 mile service SO between the two My choice would be Arlington.

Just my $.02

FJRAy- Bought my '05 from Stadium good guys but no dealing!
Dropped by Stadium after work one day to look around. OLD HOME WEEK! The guy I bought my 98se from back in 99 (Honda West) was there. We chatted for a while. Kinda fun to see someone ya know. I've not been back. Not for any other reason than I do most of my own service, haven't bought a new bike since the Feejer, and tend to do a lot of mail order for farkles. On top of that I have no real complaints about Yamaha of Texas (Hurst) for the few times I've taken the bike in for major service.

Naw, it was a dude riding that scoot. Or one really fugly looking woman...I saw the shit eating grin on his face when I "peaced" him. Later on, I was thinking...."this dude probably thought I was a moron waving at him in the middle of an intersection". That's probably why he was laughing.......shut up

FJRAy- Bought my '05 from Stadium good guys but no dealing! Service for some fairing screws was OK. They just gave me a coupla bucks worth of screws and said this should it. It didn't Finally went to Arlington Powersports off 360 there closer to my house and the guy adjusted all the fairings and put in all new screws for nothing! I also had them do my 600 mile service SO between the two My choice would be Arlington. Just my $.02
D/FW riders

Update on my tags... I got them in the mail today (June 1). I purchased the motorcycle on May 6. I was told it arrived at the dealership on May 3. My new tags expire the last day of APRIL 2007. I don't get it. I thought I paid for a full years worth of tags. How can you get tags (according to the paperwork from the county, the tags were purchased on May 22) dated to expire 11 months after the bike got to the dealership.

The tags wil expire before the inspection sticker.

I know it isn't a very big deal but it will keep me away from Burleson Power Sport. Since I live about 2 miles from the Arlington Yamaha shop and about 8 or 9 miles from the Stadium Yamaha shop and based on FiveOon05 comments, I'll give the Arlington shop my first business.

I've probably been spoiled by the guys at RPM Cycles in Dallas. They are a mechanic's dealership for Triumphs rather than a salesman's dealeship. I really wish they worked on Yamahas. Until I sell my Triumph TBird, they will be the only people besides me to work on my Triumph.

Thanks for the feedback.

Now for the important stuff...Anyone riding for a few hours this weekend...maybe a trip to Mary's on the Brazos south of Weatherford for breakfast Sunday morning? Some other place?

Ray

No, but am heading to rotrally with a buddy of mine sat morning....if interested....pm.

Now for the important stuff...Anyone riding for a few hours this weekend...maybe a trip to Mary's on the Brazos south of Weatherford for breakfast Sunday morning? Some other place?
Ray
yeah i'm available to go out riding this weekend. I do prefer the mornings too. Wherever is fine.

Anyone else??

Hey Tejas,How was your experience at Burleson Power Sports? Did everything go well??
Bulerson powersports have been great with me...work w/me in everyway...for service warren (service manager) is terrific...very patient...gets it done...for ya...

Hey Tejas,

did ya not get me on your list...thought ya did...maybe not...please add me if ya can...i'm alvarado, tx...victim...

on my tags... I got them in the mail today (June 1). I purchased the motorcycle on May 6. I was told it arrived at the dealership on May 3. My new tags expire the last day of APRIL 2007. I don't get it. I thought I paid for a full years worth of tags. How can you get tags (according to the paperwork from the county, the tags were purchased on May 22) dated to expire 11 months after the bike got to the dealership. The tags wil expire before the inspection sticker.
Couple of possibilities that depend on how you answer this question.

1. Did you PdP your bike or was it a "floor model"?

The reason I ask is that Tx (iirc) "double taps" when you transfer title/tag. IOW the original owner already paid for the tax (tag) for the year, but you pay for the remainder of the year (again) when you take ownership on a used vehicle.

If you bought a floor model, and you now have a "pro rated" tag for just the remainder of the year, you could very well have run aground of a dealership that bought a PdP bike using a "ghost buyer" and then transferred the title to you when you bought it.

In either case, I'd check with Yamaha corporate (Cypress) to verify that you have the full warranty and that it's not been ticking away in the show room floor while it was waiting for you to buy it.

Hey Tejas,

Bulerson powersports have been great with me...work w/me in everyway...for service warren (service manager) is terrific...very patient...gets it done...for ya...

Hey Tejas,

did ya not get me on your list...thought ya did...maybe not...please add me if ya can...i'm alvarado, tx...victim...

Hmm... seaeagle, you're on my distribution list and I just sent out an updated list. Just for the record below is a listing of the members that I have email addresses for and that have been emailed a list of this group.

TejasFJR

fjrchik

tripletango

gprider

fiveOon05

nosecone

fallenjimridesagain

centerline

seaeagle

fjrrayj

and bounce

from this group, I haven't gotten a confirmation email that you've gotten the list from the following folks:

FiveOon05

Nosecone

FJRayJ

and Bounce

I've been pretty busy so if you have replied and I missed it, I'm sorry, but please drop me another email.

In additon I'm still waiting to get an email address for:

SMC

Think that's it for now.

Hey Tejas,

Hey Tejas,

Hmm... seaeagle, you're on my distribution list and I just sent out an updated list. Just for the record below is a listing of the members that I have email addresses for and that have been emailed a list of this group.

TejasFJR

fjrchik

tripletango

gprider

fiveOon05

nosecone

fallenjimridesagain

centerline

seaeagle

fjrrayj

and bounce

from this group, I haven't gotten a confirmation email that you've gotten the list from the following folks:

FiveOon05

Nosecone

FJRayJ

and Bounce

I've been pretty busy so if you have replied and I missed it, I'm sorry, but please drop me another email.

In additon I'm still waiting to get an email address for:

SMC

Think that's it for now.
Don't forget me. You did get my PM'd info right?