DFW area group

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I were as close to AR as you are, I'd be there more often also!
Might of just been a freak thing with the deer. I'm pretty much out there every weekend and haven't noticed an increase in population. You just have to be careful how early you start the ride, and how late you ride in order to miss their natural movement times.
Well, I will admit the deer herd was at 3:00 am :D

However, I've was down there in April and there were deer out on the 3XX roads at all times of the day and night and in significant numbers. I just get too nervous to enjoy the ride when I see deer that frequently.

hey guys,

the weather is lookin great for the holiday weekend! anyone else thinkin about going riding anywhere? a friend and i are tossin around a coupla ideas for a saturday ride.

Hmmm... depending on what you guys plan, I might be able to come join you for at least the first part of the ride.

I've got a prior commit early Saturday morning. May try and catch up with y'all depending on which direction you decide to ride.

EricR

hey guys,the weather is lookin great for the holiday weekend! anyone else thinkin about going riding anywhere? a friend and i are tossin around a coupla ideas for a saturday ride.

Ricky and I will get a plan figured out Friday but if there's somewhere specific that one of you wants to go to, we're open to suggestions. We did Carpenter's Bluff with GPrider 2 weekends ago and it was quite the adventure!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ricky and I will get a plan figured out Friday but if there's somewhere specific that one of you wants to go to, we're open to suggestions. We did Carpenter's Bluff with GPrider 2 weekends ago and it was quite the adventure!
I'm getting the guages cluster fix Friday morning but I might could ride Saturday.

I'll keep my eye on this thread.

FJRayJ

And what an adventure it was! Nice ride. It took a little longer than Chik thought it would though. That's the way it goes sometimes. I'm at my mothers house in Lubbock getting ready for the turkey feast. Hope all of you have a great Thanksgiving and have a safe ride. (I'm jealous by the way)

GP

Where/what is Carpenter's Bluff?

FJRayJ

Are y'all still planning to ride Saturday? Details?

EricR

Hey Eric,

I just finished the route and am downloading it into my GPS right now. We are meeting at the Love's gas station at 11 am at 35W & Garden Acres in south FTW. We'll be heading to Granbury via 1187 and then 377. Then taking 51 outta there to Glen Rose to 56. Then 67 west for a bit to Glass, where we'll jump onto 203 down to Walnut Springs. Then we'll meander over to Iredell on 927 and then take 6 to Hico. Where we will then lunch at the Koffee Kup restaurant. 94 miles from Loves station to Hico. Should be there by 1 pm. Any chance that works for you? Anyone is welcome, as usual!

Koffee Kup is well known and friendly to bikers and they have PIE!!!

Hey Eric,I just finished the route and am downloading it into my GPS right now. We are meeting at the Love's gas station at 11 am at 35W & Garden Acres in south FTW. We'll be heading to Granbury via 1187 and then 377. Then taking 51 outta there to Glen Rose to 56. Then 67 west for a bit to Glass, where we'll jump onto 203 down to Walnut Springs. Then we'll meander over to Iredell on 927 and then take 6 to Hico. Where we will then lunch at the Koffee Kup restaurant. 94 miles from Loves station to Hico. Should be there by 1 pm. Any chance that works for you? Anyone is welcome, as usual!

Koffee Kup is well known and friendly to bikers and they have PIE!!!
Thanks for the details. I'll try to make the Love's gas station by 11, but I'm not sure how long my prior commit will take. Don't wait on me... I know where the Koffee Kup is, and I've printed your directions, so I'll meet you at the restaurant if I'm running late.

EricR

It sure is quiet and lonely in here.

"I hear that there are some pretty good rides around the Ouachita National Forest. "

Yes!

One of my friends lives up near Ft Smith...kinda...

On I-30, once you get past past New Boston and head north into Arkansas, it's way pretty... an some really scenic riding...

If ya got em, turn o the radar detectors, tho.... places like some of the state parks, very pretty but slowish... with smoky and his radar out.

I've got friends in Garland, that's not too far. but I try to avoid the metroplex... found taking anything form the north to 380 and thru McKinney, then south is a pretty good route...

Hmmm... got friends in McKinney, too....Cappy rides a Yammy Road Star...cool dude...ex-surfer....

Oh yeah... I'm in Ohio right now.

will give you guys a yell when I get the Feejr down there next time, if that's ok with ya'll.

mary

Well if we can't ride, we could just hang out and talk about riding. Right? :D

GPRider and I are going to hang out at the Ginger Man Pub (formerly Ricks on the Bricks) in Fort Worth on Saturday. Plenty of beers to choose from if anyone wants to come join us. Address is 3716 Camp Bowie Blvd (just east of Montgomery Street). We should be meeting up between 3 and 4 pm. Feel free to join us! :drinks: