Did You LOSE Something When Your Wheels Came LOOSE?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacramentoMike

Not Safe For Work
Reaction score
OK, I can't conduct spelling and grammar classes for all of you, but it's worth a shot here. As a longtime internet user I've grown used to misplaced apostrophies, misspellings, typos, and all the other ways a writer can go wrong, but the one that just GRINDS MY TEETH, and I hate to say one that's seen hereabouts waaaaay too often, is seeing the word "lose" (you know, you can't find something) spelled "loose" (damn, I have a loose tooth. Notify the tooth fairy.") Not to mention "Hey, what a looser you are." Ghhhhhrrrrrkkkk! :ranting2:

OK, that's it. Before you post, feel free to PM me. I'll be glad to advise on a case-by-case basis.

They're is no need to get all worked up about this as anytime people are pounding away freeform, their going to find ways to mess up grammer when trying to convey there thoughts.

grammarsig.jpg

Don't even get me started on the way that our society has started accepting stupid phrases like, "My Bad."

Your bad? Your bad what? Brain? Yeah, I think so.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're is no need to get all worked up about this as anytime people are pounding away freeform, their going to find ways to mess up grammer when trying to convey there thoughts.
That about sums it it up. :unsure:

Good grammar or good posts?

Is that like "stream of conscienceness" writing?

Yeah, I know what you mean. I really get annoyed at things like, "Ghhhhhrrrrrkkkk". I mean, what the fuck izzat? Your cat coughing up a fur ball or sumpin'?

I mean, really... Do people really need this to get there they're... Awe, screw it. It's just the neenernet anyway.

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
My contribution is that I road the breaks way too hard! Those two words are used out of context here often.

unfortunately, we are the receivers of text messaging spelling habits.
In the end, we all loose.
Thank God I learned to spell before text messaging. And I learned to make change before the computer told the clerk how much to give the guy back, so now they just count it to themselves and hand you a fistful of money. (I love to wait till they've punched in the "$10.08 out of $20.00," and then hand them an extra dime. Wow, what a puzzle! It's like their brains have come lose.)