EOM 2012

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure...keep taunting us.

Yes, it is cruel to have too many good roads to ride! :D

Then again, I like it that way. :clapping:

It's almost cruel and inhuman, isn't it? Knowing that we're there for a handful of days, and that each day you'll have to choose one one of them.

I agree...looks like A LOT of work was done on routing! WOW.

Routes locked and loaded...just waiting for the "launch phase" of this mission. :yahoo:

"The EOM 500."

Wow.
Yep, that is tempting. But I must ride the Blueridge route and that Waterfall route is also calling to me. Well, there's still plenty of time to decide. :)
I know I'm not young enough for the EOM 500, and I'm probably not dumb enough for the EOM 500, so Sooze and I will prolly do the waterfall ride and something else. I need to get back to Happy Valley, so it'd be nice to get the Snake in somewhere...

I'll let you know how it was - it's on my calendar for Thursday, then I think again /w Wheaton on Saturday...
smile.gif

I know I'm not young enough for the EOM 500, and I'm probably not dumb enough for the EOM 500, so Sooze and I will prolly do the waterfall ride and something else. I need to get back to Happy Valley, so it'd be nice to get the Snake in somewhere...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll let you know how it was - it's on my calendar for Thursday, then I think again /w Wheaton on Saturday...
smile.gif

Looks like a nice ride for Friday

smile.gif

I concur!

Wow. Awesome looking routes! Choosing just two of those is going to be really tough. That EOM 500 marks out at 14 hours in Google maps!! :dribble:

Except for in/out of Hendersonville and a few connections where it couldn't be helped EOM 500 is all twisties all the time. There's nowhere to make time and chew up miles. You some bad boys if you pull it off.

Wow, 500 miles of twisties... I won't be applying.

smile.gif

I concur!
Yeah...just not with a hangover :rolleyes: :lol:

smile.gif

I concur!
What? No waxed covered mule piss?

I'm in for the half 500 miles loop. Much more doable without using up whats left of my 9 lives.

That EOM 500 marks out at 14 hours in Google maps!! :dribble:
Prob. can do it in about 12hrs if you only stop for gas, don't eat or stop to drink or pee. The LD / IBA riders with the extra fuel tank, hydration packs and mobile urinary catheter tanks should be all over this one! :p

If the roads average 200 curves per 10 miles @ 500 miles total you should ride close 10,000 curves in one day on this route...gitty up! :blink:

smile.gif

I concur!
What? No waxed covered mule piss?
Well...maybe just a little :) :lol: :rolleyes:

My GPS estimates the EOM 500 to take a little over 12 hours. I'm guessing more like 16. Seems a little too intense to be fun. Gonna be two up so it's waterfalls for my first EOM.

I think a few folks are getting the wrong idea about The EOM 500. No way is it a general purpose route or something we dare people to try. It is intended for the handful of riders who enjoy and are experienced with that sort of thing. This year's EOM location gave us the opportunity to create many types of routes so we did. That's the only motivation behind any of it.

I wouldn't attempt the EOM 500 if you paid me - give me a Twisy Blast every time. Tear up some roads then lounge around, tell lies and drink beer. Now, that's fun!! :)

I think a few folks are getting the wrong idea about The EOM 500. No way is it a general purpose route or something we dare people to try. It is intended for the handful of riders who enjoy and are experienced with that sort of thing. This year's EOM location gave us the opportunity to create many types of routes so we did. That's the only motivation behind any of it.

I wouldn't attempt the EOM 500 if you paid me - give me a Twisy Blast every time. Tear up the roads for a few hours then lounge around, tell lies and drink beer. Now, that's fun!! :)

I may have been a little flippant in my post. :D

How unusual and rare for me. ;)

I do know how extreme 500 miles of twisties is. It is fun and very tiring. 400 miles od twisties is very fun and very tiring. 300 miles of twisties is fun, tiring, but allows more time for socializing. Whether I do the 500 or not really depends on whether I can get an early enough start to not miss the festivities. If not, I will just shorten/modify my route.

I certainly appreciate the work putting in these outstanding routes and will attempt the 500 at some other time if I don't get an opportunity at this EOM.

Thanks again for all the time and effort to entertain us fellow riders with your routes. :clapping:

I'm not sure if anyone has seen the menu posted over on www.fjreom.com or not; if there is anyone who wants a vegetarian meal, I need to know no later than Sunday (16 September 2012). PM me.