EOM 2013 - Maggie Valley, NC 20-22 September 2013

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say I am envious...then I remember...I get to ride the freaking great roads at EOM this fall.
biggrin.png
I better be back in the saddle by then or I will be the one that is envious.
....................... searching for FJR trailer hitch and passenger style trailer............................................

Wayne, Anything change since your last comment to Dave ?
Thanks George
I've got the website finalized, route files done by Lee, and the registration set up. I'm just waiting on my tech support volunteer to have a few free minutes to turn everything on.

I've got some other areas to discuss as well - plan to put those posts up this weekend.

....................... searching for FJR trailer hitch and passenger style trailer............................................
Awwww, ur bringing da-Fitter with ya. Whatta nice guy uz is Ray!
You must think me insane that I would let Ray give me a ride on a motorcycle. That car tire would get us killed don't you know. I would pull a Fairlaner / MEM / BeemerDons and cage it before I would do something that silly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awwww, ur bringing da-Fitter with ya. Whatta nice guy uz is Ray!
You must think me insane that I would let Ray give me a ride on a motorcycle. That car tire would get us killed don't you know. I would pull a Farlaner / MEM / BeemerDons and cage it before I would do something that silly.
C'mon, it's not like he didn't dump his bike or anything (at CFR)...

Plus, I better never show up to a Rally in a cager... HS! Yuz got a list started of dem dare peeps!

Reservation made. Probably limited to Friday evening arrival this year. Hope to see some old friends for the first time in a lonnnnnnng... time!

Won't be able to make it (company makes me choose vacations a year in advance), but will in October. After seeing this thread, I booked a room at the same motel you all are staying at. I look forward to hearing about your stay and your rides around the area. Enjoy the moment and stay safe.

Finally got around to booking Line and I in. 4 days in the Smokey's on a new bike. Does it get better than that?!

Now I just have to figure out if I'm gonna buy a trailer or rent a UHaul piece of crap.

Now I just have to figure out if I'm gonna buy a trailer or rent a UHaul piece of crap.
Whawhawhat? You're not riding down? I was thinking we could hit some SE Ohio roads on the way down...
It's up in the air at the moment. I don't want to subject the g/f to 2 days non-stop on a stock seat (me either!). So that leaves either trailering down, Or, having her fly down. Now just for another variable. I got an email from Russell that my seat goes into production 08/28. It's gonna be close! If I get the seat back in time, we're riding down - with some requisite detours.

So the question.. do I pony up for a hitch and buy/rent a trailer, or fly her down.. or hope the seat gets here time.

Wonder how much a flight is from Toronto to Asheville?

(a little bit of googling later... round trip, 1 stop)

Toronto to Asheville: $439 - $488

Buffalo to Asheville: $336 - $412

Buffalo to Charlotte (no stops): $206 - $285

Way cheaper than a trailer..

Whawhawhat? You're not riding down? I was thinking we could hit some SE Ohio roads on the way down...
It's up in the air at the moment. I don't want to subject the g/f to 2 days non-stop on a stock seat (me either!). So that leaves either trailering down, Or, having her fly down. Now just for another variable. I got an email from Russell that my seat goes into production 08/28. It's gonna be close! If I get the seat back in time, we're riding down - with some requisite detours.

So the question.. do I pony up for a hitch and buy/rent a trailer, or fly her down.. or hope the seat gets here time.

Wonder how much a flight is from Toronto to Asheville?

(a little bit of googling later... round trip, 1 stop)

Toronto to Asheville: $439 - $488

Buffalo to Asheville: $336 - $412

Buffalo to Charlotte (no stops): $206 - $285

Way cheaper than a trailer..
and that way...you can have fun on the way down