EOM 2013 - Maggie Valley, NC 20-22 September 2013

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EOM 2013 Players list, as of 1pm today.

LeeDavis PhilJet09 Bungie 0Face Clocklaw Northt luvtoride Walter aka John El Toro Joe Majicmaker extrememarine

A couple of questions from a EOM virgin. First thanks for all the work that is involved putting on an event like this. My wife are not rally/meets newbies. We have attended of events when we rode other brands of bikes. Every event/gathering has its own set of paradigms/protocols.

With that said, do many wives/SO's/girlfriends attend as pillions? Other than the rides, will there be things for the ladies?

Looking forward to attending this event to get to meet some of the folks from this forum. Love the Maggie Valley area.

Thanks for the event.

We usually see a good number of wives / SO's / girlfriends. Typically, they ride. In the past, some have banded together and struck off to do "women things" - shopping, site seeing, etc. I've not seen any conversation along those lines yet this year.

A couple of questions from a EOM virgin. First thanks for all the work that is involved putting on an event like this. My wife are not rally/meets newbies. We have attended of events when we rode other brands of bikes. Every event/gathering has its own set of paradigms/protocols. With that said, do many wives/SO's/girlfriends attend as pillions? Other than the rides, will there be things for the ladies?

Looking forward to attending this event to get to meet some of the folks from this forum. Love the Maggie Valley area.

Thanks for the event.

Thanks for the information. We will be getting into MV early Friday afternoon. Gonna stay in either Savannah or Brunswick GA on Thursday night. Trying to get out of the house late Thursday afternoon.

See all of you sometime Friday.

LeeDavis PhilJet09 Bungie 0Face Clocklaw Northt luvtoride Walter aka John El Toro Joe Majicmakerextrememarine
If by "Players list" you mean attendees, as of today I'm in for my first FJR rally. I have a room booked for Thur. arrival but haven't actually finalized my departure date so that might slip into Fri night.

Good deal, Nikk - lots of good roads between you and Maggie Valley, hopefully you can enjoy the ride in. Make sure you head over to www.fjreom.com and register.

LeeDavis PhilJet09 Bungie 0Face Clocklaw Northt luvtoride Walter aka John El Toro Joe Majicmakerextrememarine
If by "Players list" you mean attendees, as of today I'm in for my first FJR rally. I have a room booked for Thur. arrival but haven't actually finalized my departure date so that might slip into Fri night.

If I can't keep my beer cold I'm out.
weirdsmiley.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Standing in ice, only your feet get cold, then you warm them up with a couple of trips to the ice machine...

who needs a fridge when you have a bath tub full of ice? Semper Gumby - adapt, adjust, overcome...
What will you use for a shower Wayne? Marine showers with moist towelettes ain't gonna do it! Just Sayin' :))

Standing in ice, only your feet get cold, then you warm them up with a couple of trips to the ice machine...

who needs a fridge when you have a bath tub full of ice? Semper Gumby - adapt, adjust, overcome...
What will you use for a shower Wayne? Marine showers with moist towelettes ain't gonna do it! Just Sayin' :))
Man o Man! You guys are tough!! Ooh-Rah!!! Semper Fi! :))
Sounds like you need a "Code Red"! :D

First, he said that the rooms do not come with a fridge but you can get one for the asking. They probably don't have enough for everyone, but if you really need one you can get it. This is probably more important for people who have medication that needs to be kept cold than for those who want a cold beer.

Second, there are other ways to keep your beverages cold. They all require the ice machine, but that should not be a problem.

Third, there is a bar on premises.

We're good.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is probably more important for people who have medication that needs to be kept cold than for those who want a cold beer.
Shyeah, damn the people who want cold beer. lol! Just kidding. Every single year that I've been at EOM I've had a bag cooler for my beverages. It now leaks like a sieve... but I still have that bag cooler. I may need to look into getting a new cooler for this year.