F-ing Harley Davidson Mentality

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been fun reading some of the endogonistic sanctimonious frog **** goings on. Mog let this be a lesson you...You are not entitled to your own opinion just the opinion of other like-minded troglodytes. I understood what you meant and took no offence at attacking HD riders they from time to time deserve it! And before anyone else wants to have a go at me let me be the first to say Get Fucked!
Ahh that feels better..I do love this board

Oh and just to clarify Orange…TWN is or has the nicest…?

Hugs and Kisses!
:lol: - Don't hold back now, let us know what you really think.

And what's up with whatever group of asshats that feel entitled to run wide open, illegally loud exhausts? Talk about force-feeding a bad taste for motorcyclists into others' mouths... I think mentality is a contradiction in terms with that crowd. How far do you think I'd get if I uncapped my bike and started running around town? God I have no tolerance for that shit. Where can I seek help?

Maybe it's because one of my neighbors (who leaves for work, rapping his pipes, at 5:40 am) is one of them. Time to call my buddy on the police force and see what can be done. :glare:

and I guess the FJR "life style" is non existant ,, complete with FJR only rallys ,,

it seems to me that the old saying "you fear what you do not understand " is true ,,

you need to research the motorcycle heritage ,, not just in the US,, but in say London and the "Ton Up Boys" who wore black leather jackets jeans and work boots and invented cafe racing ,, you know ,, racing from one cafe to another ,, at over 100 ;ie ton up

Peter Fonda said it best in Wild Angels " we just wanna be free to ride our machines ,, and not get hasseled by the man ,, to be free to go over the next hill and not be told what to wear and where to go !!

danger is one reason most of us ride ,, to be set apart from the cagers ,, and the other part of society ,, what do your co workers think of you ?? are you the dark dangerous guy in the office ,, or the pocket protector wheezel watching Pee Wee's Play House ,, maybe you might do better riding a Maxim scooter !!!!!

thats right I'm a Harley ridin ,, Indian owning ,, chopper building ,, down $ paid in line for one of the first '07 FJR's cause a cager broadsided and totaled mine boogy man !!

see avatar !!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are ever on trial, resist the urge to take the stand in your own defense. Me? I rest my case.

Your post was second only to being able to provide video of the actual incident.

Now let me see if I understand this (just so I don't "fear" it.) You feel that Yamaha promotes the FJR lifestyle as Harley Davidson promotes the Harley life style? Just clarifying.

Nice avatar. Did you make that up?

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]ADMIN NOTE: [/SIZE]

I apologize for not paying attention to this thread until now.... :angry2:

Had my finger poised on the "Close" button after reading some of the personal attacks going on pages 2-3 of this entirely useful thread, but since it appears to have abated just a little, I will let it remain open until the first 'tard throws another personal attack or name-calling.

Then I close the thread and send out a couple Warnings. :angry:

That having been said, this comment from TWN is spot on::

Maybe you noobs should sit back a while and learn the society of this forum before spouting off with your opinions and attacks. If you were to do so, you might even learn some of the actual personalities of the other members and come to know from which side of the valve train they actually breathe.
Please note this would be a particularly bad day for any comedians (noobs/vets alike) to try my kind and generous nature. :glare:

I'm tired of the Harley bashing here. Anybody else?
Never:

I live right near Santa Fe, New Mexico: We have a particularly pernicious brand of baby-boomer weekend hipsters with clip-on ponytails and more cash than sense. Lawyers, dentists and accountants during the week, but on the weekends, they put the ‘Ol Lady on the back and Head for the Open Road of the parking lot of the Starbucks in Bernalillo. Really…

I’ve seen the Starbuck’s parking lot full of Fatboys and Gyno-glides and every Hog of the Road made in America.

Those Easy Riders sure love slurping 7 dollar lattes, and don’t forget the sprinkles!

Of course they crash and die like flies—the motorcycle crash statistics in the state are skewing towards middle age. When I ride home, I always see the roadside cross to ‘Harold’ with the “H-D” logo on it and “Ride Free or Die”. Well, Harold the dear old boy, did the latter—on his first ride on his new Hog his friends told me. Lured from some rust-belt hellhole to retire and seek the Open Road of New Mexico—for about 37 minutes until he hit the guardrail of a mild turn.

And on some days, it seems that every Old Hippy Chick in the Bay Area has shitcanned their husband and kids, moved to Santa Fe, gotten a saggy old girlfriend, a dog-chewed-on-it haircut, and bought a Sportster with “that rotten bastard’s” retirement fund. Even the weird old parchment-skinned lesbians on my road, with the “Warning: Prayer Circle Protected!” sign in their front yard, got some American Iron.

It’s never left the carport from what I can tell, but I can be sure that if I run into one at the Shell station she’ll say:

“Get a real bike!”

Bash Harleys!? What for!?

Scythian,

My hat's off to you... Very well written and so true! :clapping:

I rented a HD last August while in the US (could not find a Feejer anywhere) and I must have looked

pretty weird in my ATGATT mode climbing off my Street Glide at the Deals Gap store.

BTW, I'm sending you my cleaners' bill since you made me spill my Mochaccino all over my designer chaps :rolleyes:

Stef

Let me get this straight, a group of what you apparantly consider inferior riders passed you, and you're mad at *them* ?

interesting

It's been fun reading some of the endogonistic sanctimonious frog **** goings on. Mog let this be a lesson you...You are not entitled to your own opinion just the opinion of other like-minded troglodytes. I understood what you meant and took no offence at attacking HD riders they from time to time deserve it! And before anyone else wants to have a go at me let me be the first to say Get Fucked!

Hugs and Kisses!
Someday, I'm gonna visit my sister and brother-in-law down under and when I do, I'm gonna look you up, hunt you down and make you buy me a couple of beers! But they better be good Euro brews and not that gay koala piss you pass off as beer in OZ!

'frog ****' - that's friggin' hilarious! :lol:

And to clarify: It's both. ;)

:****:

Let me get this straight, a group of what you apparantly consider inferior riders passed you, and you're mad at *them* ?
interesting
Wrong. Looks like you DIDN'T "get it straight". Not even close. Try re-reading my post(s). If you still are unable to get the point of the original post then I can't help you, nor will I try.

Based on Warchilds post, I will refrain from saying anything further about your ...*misguided* response, and bite my tongue..... hard!

As I live and breath.

I went riding with a couple guys from work yesterday. They have Harley's. Whatever. Good guys, back on bikes after 20-30 years, really into all the hype. Okay. Still, they're good guys. They even took a safety course before getting back in the game. I let them lead because it was their suggestion to ride. Safe riders, courteous, mindful of the followers. Not as fast in the twisties, but hey, their experience is low and they are on cruisers. Still fun. We ended at the Harley dealership. We crap-talked and looked at all the shiny new bikes. Sharp stuff, just not my choice. One guy did have to say: "Did you come to buy a REAL motorcycle?" Of course, being mindful I was a guest, replied: "Well, if you guys would give me a dollar every time you said that, I could afford one." It was all meant in fun. I kept my attitude right, listened to them talk about their bikes like we talk about ours. They're all just trying to enjoy some life. Before the day was over, they all were out admiring and commenting on the feej, which incidentally, I intentionally parked dead-center in front of the dealership. When all was said and done, nothing but good mojo all around.

I will likely never be a Harley customer. Regardless of personal tastes and anything Harley might or might not produce, it is simple economics. They cost too much for me. It's okay though, my motorcycling preference lies elsewhere anyway.

Scythian,

I rented a HD last August while in the US (could not find a Feejer anywhere) and I must have looked

pretty weird in my ATGATT mode climbing off my Street Glide at the Deals Gap store.

BTW, I'm sending you my cleaners' bill since you made me spill my Mochaccino all over my designer chaps :rolleyes:

Stef
Thank you very much, signore.

That's not even the funniest part!

The funniest thing I've ever seen was on a Harley pulled over on the shoulder of I-25 just south of Pueblo, Colorado. I had just come through a rough hailstorm. Really pounding marble-sized hail. It was no trouble, I simply motored up the windshield and tucked behind it in my full-faced helment, thick leather jacket and heavy gloves.

I slowed down 'cuz I saw a bike in distress; on the sidestand with hazard blinkers on. It was some kind of gargantuan Harley Full-dress Road-Something.

The Easy Rider was obviously comforting his behemoth wife still sitting on the back. She was wearing a tube top over her floppy tits--every square inch of exposed white flab was mottled and welted by hail strikes!

Oh, she was in a bad way; all red faced and screaming at her "Ol' Man" and God for doing this to her. Man, she was beat to shit and not at all happy about it....

He didn't look to bad 'cuz he was behind the barn-door fairing while she got f'ing pounded.

I slowed down and realized I wanted no part of this, waved and motored off.

I got a free beer in a bar when I told this story. I used the punchline: "His wife actually had Hail Damage!*"

Make fun of Harleys!? What for!?

* Hail Damage: a colloquialism--dimpled cellulite skin over hips and ass looking like hail-damaged steel on a car. In this case, it was literal--and damned funny!

@ Scythian,

I'm a 'Lobo' and I lived in Abq. back when people drove to Bernalillo to eat at the Range Cafe and find something they 'needed' at Jackalope-

Your depiction of the RR HD crowd was phenomenal :clapping:

I lost it at clip on pony tails and again with the recent description of the tube top in the hail storm.

Bravo Zulu.

I can't breeve... I gotta pain in my chess!

This thread has been sooo entertaining. I spewed tea (yes, it was sweet tea) from my redneck nose on multiple occassions whilst trying to make it through another reply.

:biggrinsmiley:

In my many, many years of riding a motorcycle, I have prejudiced myself into grouping and descriminating against all motorcyclists into two categories; those that love their motorcycles, and those that love to be seen on their motorcycles.

Personally, I pity the group that worships the image and has no idea of the experience possible. Unfortunately, HD has perpetuated and made a damn fine profit by marketing the image and ignoring the experience.

I tend to connect with everyone that loves their bike, HD, rice burner or Beemer. And I take offense to grouping us rednecks in with HD owners. Some of us rednecks have risen above the cesspool that holds our incomplete chromosone set, and aspired to be classy rednecks with (some) manners.

All that said, I have a HD-owner neighbor who loves on his bikes as much as I do mine. He rides with greater care, consideration and safety than I typically do. It's a shame he loves those damn Harleys so much and gets convicted of their typical behaviour through mere association.

While I'm at it, let me go ahead and apologize for perpetuating the squidly behaviour on an FJR. I twist the throttle way too often, much too far, take every stretch of road as a challenge, and love on my FJR almost as much as my kids.

My hat is off to Mo for throttling back and protecting his passenger (I further refuse to use the term pillion. My ass is a proud resident of the USA). Sometimes it's just necessary to bite your tongue and then vent later.

Vent on my riding brother!!! And the rest of you please bash abundantly. But try to stick to shorter words so that I don't have to fire up Word to define them! It slows down the flow of sweet tea from my nose!

:rolleyes: :lol:

Note to Mo: Was the lady friend particularly hot? If so, all submission actions on an FJR that are intended to impress a hotty are fully excusable under Chapter-2, Para-3, Subsection-5 of the FJR owners code. Iggy will confirm!

@ Scythian,
I'm a 'Lobo' and I lived in Abq. back when people drove to Bernalillo to eat at the Range Cafe and find something they 'needed' at Jackalope-

Your depiction of the RR HD crowd was phenomenal :clapping:

I lost it at clip on pony tails and again with the recent description of the tube top in the hail storm.

Bravo Zulu.

I can't breeve... I gotta pain in my chess!
What do you call a Navajo girl with asthma? "Chicken Breath! Chicken Breath!"

(She-can't-breathe!, she-can't-breathe!)

Aw, shit... You know what I'm talking about....

I grew up in Placitas--went away for 12 years for School (ASU Sundevil) and The Army (Hooah!). I came back in '96:

Mommy left; Daddy died; Grampa died; Gramma died; Muppy died; Kitty died; I got divorced and when I returned I found out I no longer lived on 'Pipeline Road', I lived on 'Camino de las Huertas'.

My pop was a Lobo; graduated '57--Korean War Vet on the GI Bill and worked on nuke weapons at Sandia Labs. I work on Kirtland AFB on 'Directed Energy Weapons' as well.

The Range is still there and pretty good.

Silva's Saloon is still there and I just love parking the FJR in front of it with all the Hardly Ablesons and walking in with my black leather jacket with Jump-Wings on it waiting for them to start some shit.

Of course they don't--those guys are the Real Deal with Real Grey Ponytails and Real Grey Beards.

Thinking of those guys at Silva's kinda makes me feel bad for busting on Harley Riders....

On second thought, I can't imagine what those old '1 Percenters' think of the Dopey Yuppies and California Carpet Munchers on American Iron.

Honestly, have you ever ridden a Harley? I have, and it like to kill me if it didn't deafen me first.

I was trying to merge onto I-25 from "Old 44" on a pal's Road King Thingey (FLK-UNT). I opened the throttle and it got loud as hell, but I had that weird 'suddenly going backwards feeling' like when you hit neutral instead of second.

I thought that's what happened, or maybe I hit a 'false neutral', so I dumped the throttle, grabbed the clutch and vigorously stomped on the car-brake-pedal-looking up-shift thing above the footboard; dumped the clutch and grabbed throttle.

It got loud as hell, again, and I had the weird 'suddenly going backwards feeling' in the pit of my gut, again. At this point, I'm toddling out onto I-25 southbound in top gear WFO and going about 60 with a hell-bent-for-leather Yellow (they're really Orange) Truck from Somewhere North coming down on me.

I gave up trying to get in front of it and grabbed All Kinds of Front Brake, stomped on the car-brake-looking rear-brake thingey above the other floorboard and, again, seemingly nothing happened (I wanted the suddenly-going-backwards feeling now!). I dived for the shoulder and let him roll by. I'm sure he thought I was a dumbass trying to merge at highway speeds on American Iron.

I got off, immediately, at the 2nd Bernalillo exit, turned north on "Old 85" and rolled though town saving lives with my loud pipes. It was kinda comfy and nice rolling through Bernalillo on it--3rd and half-throttle is a dead-even 35mph.

When I pulled up to the stoplight (usta be a stop sign) at highways 44 and 85 intersection, a local rolled down his truck (Chevy, of course) window and yelled "Orjale: Cherry bike, Bro!".

I thought of giving him the finger, but I gave him my thumb and road back to "Old Pipeline Road" and gave it back to my pal. He said, beaming: "What d'ya think!?"

I said: "Cherry bike, Bro!"

God, the FJR ROCKS! It Rocks and Rocks and Rocks!!!!

Make fun of Harleys!? What for!?

If you ever make it back here, beers are on me at 'Lizard Rodeo'--now part of The Range. They have 'Alien Amber Ale' from Carizozo, NM. You will like it.

This comment is not meant as a HD bash at all, but why is that when I pass groups of HD riders, usually only the last 1 or 2 riders wave? This occurs almost all the time and I can't figure it out? :unsure:
Group rules set before the ride. Very common 'safety' tactic if the first guy dumps it because of the wave, he won't collect the guys behind him. Wingers and other larger groups do that, too.

Yet another reason to not go on "group" rides.

The front guy dumps it? :lol: Maybe if you're riding on gravel roads, perhaps.

My hat is off to Mo for throttling back and protecting his passenger (I further refuse to use the term pillion. My ass is a proud resident of the USA). Sometimes it's just necessary to bite your tongue and then vent later.
Vent on my riding brother!!! And the rest of you please bash abundantly. But try to stick to shorter words so that I don't have to fire up Word to define them! It slows down the flow of sweet tea from my nose!

:rolleyes: :lol:

Note to Mo: Was the lady friend particularly hot? If so, all submission actions on an FJR that are intended to impress a hotty are fully excusable under Chapter-2, Para-3, Subsection-5 of the FJR owners code. Iggy will confirm!

Thank you JeffAshe. Ahhhh, what a pleasure it is to respond to someone that has an IQ in triple digits, again.

But there ARE times that it is just more fun and satisfying to vent before biting the tongue. Perhaps it has something to do with my bellicose nature.

Was the lady friend hot? Indeed my friend, indeed. I think she must have ridden horses in the past as she keeps trying to hold on to the saddle horn. :p

Hugs and Kisses!
Someday, I'm gonna visit my sister and brother-in-law down under and when I do, I'm gonna look you up, hunt you down and make you buy me a couple of beers! But they better be good Euro brews and not that gay koala piss you pass off as beer in OZ!

'frog ****' - that's friggin' hilarious! :lol:

And to clarify: It's both. ;)

:****:
Hey Nut you would be more than welcome. Beer did you say? We have beer here that would make your pancreas shit it's self! Some of the Euro stuff is very nice indeed but!...not as nice as here……I guess they only way your gonna find out is to come here and try it....if you dare :eek:

Ciao cock!

Scythian,

Stef
I swear I nearly passed a drop of urine when I read this! :lol:

And I take offense to grouping us rednecks in with HD owners. Some of us rednecks have risen above the cesspool that holds our incomplete chromosone set, and aspired to be classy rednecks with (some) manners.
Gentlemen, this thread is becoming so much more clever and entertaining that I'm tempted to save Page 4 for future reference. :clapping:

Jeff, this bit about "classy rednecks" is precious. After scalding my family jewels with Starbucks's fine brew thanks to Scythian, your remark made me spray cinnamon-flavored froth through my nostrils all over the laptop keyboard. That'll be $ 220.00, sir. I take PayPal BTW.

Over here in Old Europe we also have the weekend Harley crowd, HD store tags still flapping from some of their rugged, open-road garments. We also have the modern-day Yuppie's GS Beemers all rigged for Trans-African Rallies with metal saddlebags and a grille on the headlight. You see their bikes in the financial center while the owners are upstairs trading cocoa and soybean futures (and that's the closest they'll ever get to Third World jungle trails). Nothing draws more chicks than a black gearshift smudge on a tan Ferragamo loafer. B)

No doubt we, too, look funny to them in our bulky jackets, back protectors and full-face helmets. :blink:

What pisses me off is not what they ride. Their choice of lifestyle-wheels I don't intend to debate (while admitting that bad-ass orthodontists in leathers leave me speechless).

I strongly object to their riding manners, though, when they endanger me and my passenger.

There really is no special skill involved in cutting somebody off in slow traffic on a throbbing Hog or a tricked-out 600 cc scrotum-shaker.

This is what I guess Mogambo wanted to say. That such behavior is largely confined to certain rider profiles is not my fault.

I find some of the previous sanctimonious, PC drivel rather pathetic. :bad:

Stef

PS: Thug, me mate, Fosters will do that to ya... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.