FJR Down

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my bike back from San Jose Yamaha yesterday. They took care of all of the front end stuff... forks, wheel, lower triple tree, right handlebar, and left cowling. They also had the dent taken out of my fuel tank. The dent guy found a second dent. They think it was from my right knee, which might explain that pain in my knee. If I didn't mention it earlier in this thread, the frame checked out OK at Computrak.

I planned on doing the back plastic, brackets, tail light and mufflers myself. I still haven't decided on whether to replace the stock mufflers or go with aftermarket jobs.

Now the bad news. I discovered the rear frame is broken.... crap. More downtime and labor (mine I think). The very tip of the rear broke off. Right were the luggage rack and tail light bolts on. I ordered the frame from Gary McCoy today (BTW - Gary said one of our group stopped in and treated him to lunch :) ). More waiting. :(

I brought all of the parts home, knowing that some would be perfectly good. I may be looking to sell some later on.

Just as an FYI

• Front Wheel - slight scratch on left side
  • Right Fork - I believe it's perfect
  • Left Fork - Shop says it's slightly tweaked .. damned if I can see it
  • Front fender - very light scatch
  • Right cowling - a few minor paint scratches, mostlty from a prior 0 mph fall
Also too. I am pretty happy with the service I got from San Jose Yamaha. So far it appears they did a good job on the repairs. The service manager, Steve, was helpful and friendly.

:( Sorry to hear that happened, however I am glad you were not hurt, :rolleyes:

Hope everything goes the way you want it to getting her back together.

Also too. I am pretty happy with the service I got from San Jose Yamaha. So far it appears they did a good job on the repairs. The service manager, Steve, was helpful and friendly.

I am glad to hear you got taken care of. When I bought my ticker to him, I also bought a Yamaha TTR125LE from him, he gave me nothing but grief from what oil I was using to its the cam chain tensioner. Also tried to charge me for the diagnoses and said if I wasn't using Yamaha oil and filter my warranty might be voided. So I took mine elsewhere.