"FJR market is drying up"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just HAD to post there:

Quote:QUOTE(JAY BIRD @ Jan 12 2007, 04:05 PM)

Fred must have had a change of heart. Latest edition of Indiana Auto & RV has an ad from Chicago Cycle:

New FJR-13 - $0 down - Sale $10499.

Picture in ad is the Dark Cherry bike. Didn't bother to call am happy with my 05.

Call on that one just to call "bullshit!". Thats a grand less than D&H and we all know their deals.

I also picked up the local motorcycle free advertisement when I was at the jewel in Itasca and sure enough, Chicago Cycle has the 2007 FJR1300A listed at 10,499.00.

But two adds in dif places can't be a lie.... right.

and they're 07's in the add right...

I guess the market is drying up since the won't be getting any 07s

Well I posted this on the FJR site so you gues that posted here can see what a great guy Fred is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fred

So I get into work this morning. Couple guys are doing the "ha ha ha" to me.

I spoke to a customer last week about a FJR.. He would like a 07. At this time I dont have any 07's on my floor and dont plan to get any at this time.

I also posted this for you guys that did not bother to read the whole listing

Quote:

So Fred, are you TRULY selling a NEW 07 FJR 1300 for $10,499 Out the door? If sooo.....

And the warranty thing just to chime in.

Fred- YOU are the CONSUMER. YOU go to Chicago Cycles and get a GREAT deal on a PDP FJR. You buy the bike in December 06 off the floor. You ride your bike back home to Florida where all the dealers wanted MSRP + freight,+ setup,+ etc. You saved $big$ by buying from Chicago Cycles. November 07 rolls around and several SS1ks and BBGs later you have 16,000+ on the clock and have a tranny seal blow out and it fries a gear or two (insert BMW here). You are lucky enough to own the one FJR that is not bulletproof. YOU take it to your local dealer for warranty work. The dealer tells you the FACTORY warranty expired in June, BECAUSE THAT IS WHEN YAMAHA HAS IT ON RECORD AS BEING DELIVERED TO THE PURCHASER. You Call Chicago Cycles and they say they will fix the bike gratis for you because it is still covered under the DEALER warranty. Now to fix the bike you have to pay to transport the bike to Chicago, Fly back home (this is not a 2 hour fix) and the fly back to get your bike. Or get a Hotel if they can fix you the next day with all the parts needed in stock. Not to mention time off work or away from the family

You still don't understand why someone gets upset after the previous replys? Then the moron statement would apply.

If you don't think someone will travel to save big $, Call D&H cycles in Culman, Al. They have a WALL of thank you letters from ALL over the US. FL, Washington state, Oregon, New York, etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Czolgosz

While it's cool that CC picked up a few bikes so they could have them on the showroom floor the aforementioned concerns are, IMHO, important to some folks. Me personally I couldn't care less if I lost a month of warranty service as long as I knew that were the case...i.e. it was explained to me by the dealership this potential risk.

This has historically not been the case.

Quote:

And you'll find motorcycle owner bigotry everywhere, its just part of dealing w/ people I'm sure it exists here at SBN also.

Ya' think?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gixxer27519

The whole thing is funny... people in forums tend to blow things out of proportion anyway... (like we never do it either )

Hell maybe we'll get some new members now!?

So for you guys from the FJR forum readin this...

Welcome to SBN

Thanks for the welcome!

and a big all around

Gixxer I see you are in NC. I loved the Snake US 421! I had some fun on the Playground and took about a 1/4 inch off my feelers and sidestand there. I can't wait to get back up there since Santa brought me a new Penske rear shock.

I waited 6 months on my bike after a $500 was put down and I had never seen the thing. It sucked. The BIG issue we have is SKIRTING the warranty It applies to ALL aspects of the Y.E.S.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choco

its the warranty issue, so they're taking it out on him....for something every dealer does.

No. Not every dealer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by streetillegal

they are a bunch of low lifes .... i would join in on the name calling.

Nice Generalization. And you just did.

Quote:

Originally Posted by modette

They seem like a whiney bunch

Unlike here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choco

get ready for an FJR invasion....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Czolgosz

As long as they bring lunch in those big ass saddle bags.

I have a 5 course meal and a keg here

How many of you actually read through the posts before you stared the name calling?

And Fred, You still have not answered my question on the FJR forum. Are you sellin 07 FJR 1300 As for $10,499 as the two posters found adds for?

If so I may buy another 145 hp bike that I can ride Iron Butt rides and drag my knees when I feel like it. The big drawback to the FJR is it tops out at around 155 mph.

Bring on the flames to the FNG

Oh, and where is MY damn sticker?
And for some reason this post is not showing up there now.
Invalid Post specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
And I have 2 posts in the intro section

Last edited by a moderator:
[You know what gets me. I have 20 2006 Silver AE's in stock right now. I cant give the things away. The owner is willing to take a loss of 11,800 for the bike. No other fee's. No setup.. no freight.. just tax and 57.33 for the title. I figured with all the reviews that bike would have done very well.
:glare: Me thinks Fred and John (the salesperson I just talked to) had better have a meeting. Chicago Cycle must have sold 18 `06 AE bikes since yesterday, OR___? John said they only have 2 (two) AE`s left.

John called back within a half hour with the OTD price that I requested, for an `06 AE and a `07 A. His quote for the `06 AE was 12,400. Since I reside in IL. my tax is .0675%. plus 57.33 L+T. Adding in my head (scary thought) I arrived at 12,653 and change. It would appear, based on the quote, the price is less than 11,800.

I also had him quote an `07 A model. He (john) said they won`t be available till Feb. 1st. as if he had some on order? He qouted that bike at 14,545 OTD.

I don`t have any dog in this fight what-so-ever. Just FYI. YMMV yada-yada-yada.. I will state I never approved of dealers ordering FJR`s under `ghost' buyers under the preorder program. I don`t feel a bit sorry for those that got stuck with bikes on the floor.

[You know what gets me. I have 20 2006 Silver AE's in stock right now. I cant give the things away. The owner is willing to take a loss of 11,800 for the bike. No other fee's. No setup.. no freight.. just tax and 57.33 for the title. I figured with all the reviews that bike would have done very well.
:glare: Me thinks Fred and John (the salesperson I just talked to) had better have a meeting. Chicago Cycle must have sold 18 `06 AE bikes since yesterday, OR___? John said they only have 2 (two) AE`s left.

John called back within a half hour with the OTD price that I requested, for an `06 AE and a `07 A. His quote for the `06 AE was 12,400. Since I reside in IL. my tax is .0675%. plus 57.33 L+T. Adding in my head (scary thought) I arrived at 12,653 and change. It would appear, based on the quote, the price is less than 11,800.

I also had him quote an `07 A model. He (john) said they won`t be available till Feb. 1st. as if he had some on order? He qouted that bike at 14,545 OTD.

I don`t have any dog in this fight what-so-ever. Just FYI. YMMV yada-yada-yada.. I will state I never approved of dealers ordering FJR`s under `ghost' buyers under the preorder program. I don`t feel a bit sorry for those that got stuck with bikes on the floor.
heh... that ethics things can be a beeyotch.

there's been no "maroon" in the US until the candycherrywhatever color of 2007. pwned!

Just to clarify my first post. The free cycle mag is called Cyclefocus wwwcyclefocus.com

On page 5 there is a picture of a maroone FJR-1300, no year mentioned. Just sale $10499.00

I have nothing bad to say about Chicago Cycle. My comment was there new store looks like the International Cycle Show. I got a fair deal on my 2004 and I did put down my 500.00 PDP with them.

I would by a bike from them again if I had the money. I respect Fred for coming on this site at taking the heat, and hope to meet him in person and laugh about this someday.

I hope I didnt offend anyone :unsure:

Drying up? Well... I do not see the polls and threads of anticipation that were evident in past years.

[

You know what gets me. I have 20 2006 Silver AE's in stock right now. I cant give the things away. The owner is willing to take a loss of 11,800 for the bike. No other fee's. No setup.. no freight.. just tax and 57.33 for the title. I figured with all the reviews that bike would have done very well.

This is FUNNY! In October I was in Chgo Cycle to buy an AE. Loved the look and had read about the improvements to the 06 model. I was trying to trade in my 05 Roadstar so I could do some touring this coming summer. I must admit that while I like the Roadstar I made a mistake on the purchase for what I was going to do with the bike. I was prepared to take a hit on the trade because I was in my mind getting what I wanted. So, I was offered $6900 for my trade even though I had some after market goodies on it. I was mildly insulted but I was willing to make the deal. I was then told I could pay $15,500 for the bike out the door and If I didn't like that price I could buy an A model for AROUND $14,500.

The long and the short of it was this was there bottm line. Needless to say I walked away. At the time I was in there you could find the AE advertised on the internet from $12,300 to $12,800. I inquired about this pricing and I was laughed at. I was also told there wasn't that many available which is why they were asking full price. ( an obvious lie ) Not a good way to treat a repeat customer in my opinion.

Does the market change that much in three months?

Is there really an AE on your floor for 11,800?

MJ

Hey Fred, does your boss know that you represent his company this way? How about Yamaha, do they know you, and your boss, willfully and intentionally did a work around of the PDP?

No?

You can say all you want about how you are defending yourself, but I'll bet if they knew how you were representing them, they wouldn't be pleased. So, wanna take that bet?

Well, this post by one of the more mature sportbikes.net members sums it up pretty well here Fred. I personally approach any dealer whether its a car or motorcycle dealer with thick skin and am prepared for anything since customer service varies so widely from one to the other.

BTW, I am still confused on the 12 month warrnat you mentioned....Are you telling me that if I bought a 2006 model that your dealership had received in Dec 2005 that I would still be given a 12 month warranty AND be eligible to buy the YES from Yammi?

Hi Fred,

I quickly read through some of the posts. Two things come to mind.

Those are your customers. They have a particular perception. If you want their business you should probably explain in a factual unemotional manner the dealio.

You can clear the air (assuming you are correct about 07 FJR sales) and maybe earn the respect of potential future customers weather it be them or a friend of theirs.

So instead of talkin to us, talk to them. :) And don't get into any pissing contests, just explain your understanding of 07 FJR sales.