FJRBluesman is Buying Lunch in NorCal

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where was everyone? No one was there.... Did I have the right day??? :dribble:
I should have known... :(
When OM first contacted me via PM about this, he was suggesting Saturday at noon at Poor Reds with meeting in Auburn before a ride there to meet up w/FJRBM. That's why my first post in this thread started with this:

Top secret, but I was under the misimpression that it was Saturday. Not a problem to me either way, though.
Now I'm unsure from the sound of things whether anyone is meeting or leaving at 8 am or 9 am, or where. And whether there is a group riding to Poor Reds or whether we (or some of us) are just meeting there? Or do we meet in a restroom in Georgetown, wide stance style, and do a group ride beginning there? If so, when? Or do I just wait until somone's in the stall next door and he begins to play footsie under the partition?

Inquiring minds . . . and all. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
When OM first contacted me via PM about this, he was suggesting Saturday at noon at Poor Reds with meeting in Auburn before a ride there to meet up w/FJRBM. That's why my first post in this thread started with this:

Top secret, but I was under the misimpression that it was Saturday. Not a problem to me either way, though.
Now I'm unsure from the sound of things whether any one is meeting or leaving at 8 am or 9 am, or where. And whether there is a group riding to Poor Reds or whether we (or some of us) are just meeting there? Or do we meet in a restroom in Georgetown, wide stance style, and do a group ride beginning there?

Those all sound like valid questions........ Butt the wide stance style has got me nervous, could you elaborate ???... is this one of those OM tricks??

Those all sound like valid questions........ Butt the wide stance style has got me nervous, could you elaborate ???... is this one of those OM tricks??
Google Senator Larry Craig from Idaho for details of what's involved looking for hookups in men's public restrooms.

And YES, this is one of OM's tricks. He loves this bathroom meetup motif. You've seen his pics and ride reports -- unusually artistic for hetero, didn't you think? :rolleyes:

Whatever anyone plans to do is fine with me, just remember to adjust your start times to coincide with meeting @ Georgetown. OR, since this is a "shared destination" ride....the "meet up" in Georgetown isn't that specific.

So what is the "meet-up" time in Georgetown -- for those of us who might have to start late?

Simon, today would have been a great day to ride, however we are operating on Old Michael Time (and plans) and also from the Opening Post:

As some are aware, FJRBluesman (Simon) will be up in this area this weekend,(riding the best motorcycle roads in the world),and we're trying to gather some of you local knobs to join him for lunch near Placerville, on Sunday, the 20th.

He's not really gonna buy us lunch, ...but he will be handing out dollar bills. ...I think.

<editorial snippage-blah-blah-blah>

Lunch Spot - (I've never eaten there. I hear it's great!)

Poor Red's Bar-B-Q

6221 Pleasant Valley Road

El Dorado, CA 95623-4232 -

(530) 622-2901

(They open at exactly 12 on Sundays, and will take orders immediately.)

UPDATE -

Meeting at Starbucks in Auburn, CA. Foresthill Exit off I-80 east.

Right next to the Chevron Station.

KSU - 0900!

<List snippage>

exskibum and MadMike are working on a route for the "pre-ribs" ride.

0800 or 0900? [SIZE=8pt]49/193/Wentworth Springs Rd.? and back to Placerville/El Dorado?[/SIZE]

(I ain't no route planner.)

Simon. Be on time!
Sooooo, now that you know we're meeting in Auburn, you'll need to know that we're coming from all points of the compass.

I'm coming from the south and will be passing through El Dorado Hills around 0700-0715. You're welcome to join me. I'll double check Starbucks/Valero/Chevron (17 miles downhill from Placerville @ El Dorado Hills/Latrobe Rd. off ramp) as I pass through:

Starbucks

4315 Town Center Blvd (Road into shopping center, south of Hwy 50)

El Dorado Hills

OR...check the route I typed out above. You could ride it backwards until you see a group (or two or three groups) of FJRs. From Poor Reds, head east. AT the signal in Diamond Springs DO NOT turn left onto Hwy 49 but continue straight on Pleasant Valley Rd. In about 8 miles the road will bear right for 1 mile and at the intersection bear left onto Sly Park Rd. Follow that past the lake on your right to Hwy 50 and head East (uphill) 8 miles. You're going to turn left (just after you cross the river) on Ice House Rd/Crystal Basin. Waaaayyyyy fun road for 22 1/2 miles (passing Ice House reservoir on the right then Union Valley Reservoir on the left) to Wentworth Springs Rd on the left.

Uhm....you should see us by then.....

heh-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh

I'm not too sure about you NoCal'ers. I'll make the ride AGAIN tomorrow just for you slow learners... But man...

Someone owes me a lunch! :yahoo:

:p

Looking forward to seeing all ya'lls!

Simon (and Richard), on behalf of the NorCal FJR owners, I'll apologize for OM before someone else has to. He's the poorly kept secret step child of our group and we're always havin' to bail him out. :sorry:

You probably know how this is gonna work: OM will post at 3:55 am to say that he's leaving at 4:20 am, and that's the next we'll hear from him. :unknw:

Just as well though, 'cause he's prolly passed out from the apres ride Irish Whisky and chronic -- with his box stuffed fulla mail. He'd only get us more confused if he logged in tonight anyway. :rolleyes:

Jes' check in around 4 am. ;)

PS -- though it is usually a NorCal rule that the outta towners buy lunch, I'd bet that if you were to ask, you'd have more than enough votes to have OM buying you lunch. Someone will probably bring a dunce cap for the winner of the reading comprehension award, but there's no certain winner in that contest. :lol:

Wow you guys can't even get the day right for a southern brother.........sorry i mean sister.R
Oh that's real sweet coming form the bloody Queen! :p
Where are you Richard?

Reno's great, nice weather cooled down nicely in the evening and tomorrow should be a great ride in the Sierras to do the So-NoCal meet up at Poor Red's BBQ. Come to think of it... I'm the only SoCal guy showing to the up meet up. :dribble:

Got in a little late today as my friend needed new rubber in Carson City.

I gota go to bed now. :unsure:

Simon (and Richard), on behalf of the NorCal FJR owners, I'll apologize for OM before someone else has to. He's the poorly kept secret step child of our group and we're always havin' to bail him out. :sorry:
You probably know how this is gonna work: OM will post at 3:55 that he's leaving at 4:20 am, and that's the next we'll hear from him.

Of course...this speaks volumes about his Ride Planning Ability andalso explains why he rides alone most of the time. :dribble:

You probably know how this is gonna work: OM will post at 3:55 that he's leaving at 4:20 am, and that's the next we'll hear from him. :unknw:

Just as well though, 'cause he's prolly passed out from the apres ride Irish Whisky and chronic -- with his box stuffed fulla mail. He'd only get us more confused if he logged in tonight anyway. :rolleyes:

PS -- though it is usually a NorCal rule that the outta towners buy lunch, I'd bet that if you were to ask, you'd have more than enough votes to have OM buying you lunch. Someone will probably bring a dunce cap for the winner of the reading comprehension award, but there's no certain winner in that contest. :lol:
God help me!
I may have to eat somewhere else. :dribble:

So where do you think Michael will show up, Russia? No worries, he'll be at Poor Red's on time.... I hope.

I bet the Feds got to him already for this ride leak, maybe he's in the pokey.... :dribble:

OK, now I really, really, have to go to bed. Zzzzzzz

See you at lunch.... Michael's buying correct? :yahoo:

Walt--Flying Junior--and I will be behind you somewhere. Maybe we'll find you en route from all these clear and precise directions, or not, but in any case we'll be at Poor Red's by, say, 11:30. See you there. Or somewhere.

Meeting at Starbucks and leaving at 0900.

(MadMike, I'm sorry. It's Garden Valley Road, off of 49. Not Pleasant Valley.

On Google, it shows Marshall Rd./Garden Valley Rd., but the sign there at the turn -from 49- says GARDEN VALLEY RD.)

So -

49 to GVR.

GVR to 193.

--Right on 193. Out to 49 and back.

--Or, left on 193 to Georgetown.

Turn right in G-town and out Wentworth Springs to Icehouse to 50 to Poor Red's.

That's it. Meet @ 0900.

Short ride. Simple route.

Lunch at 1200.

I apologize for the confusion.

Lesson learned.

And especially to FJRBluesman, if I wrecked your schedule. I'm sorry.

(Went back and checked. Your PMs to me say Sunday. :D )

Hope to see y'all in the morning, or at least at noon.

(inbox is clear)

Good night.

Meeting at Starbucks and leaving at 0900.(MadMike, I'm sorry. It's Garden Valley Road, off of 49. Not Pleasant Valley.

On Google, it shows Marshall Rd./Garden Valley Rd., but the sign there at the turn -from 49- says GARDEN VALLEY RD.)

So -

49 to GVR.

GVR to 193.

--Right on 193. Out to 49 and back.

--Or, left on 193 to Georgetown.

Turn right in G-town and out Wentworth Springs to Icehouse to 50 to Poor Red's.

That's it. Meet @ 0900.

Short ride. Simple route.

Lunch at 1200.

I apologize for the confusion.

Lesson learned.

And especially to FJRBluesman, if I wrecked your schedule. I'm sorry.

(Went back and checked. Your PMs to me say Sunday. :D )

Hope to see y'all in the morning, or at least at noon.

(inbox is clear)

Good night.
For the love of God, Mick; don't apologize to bloody Simon. The man holds three patents for different variations of Soup Sandwiches. He should have brought johnny80s with him to do all his thinking!!!

The Stanley Boys from CFR.

....... Well,......... this is as clear as mud... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gonna try to make this ride... :friends: ........... Now if I take the 805 to 8 east...... then west bound to 49...... :pilot: :eek:hno-smiley02:

Shouldn't take me more than an hour or so, to get there..........

B.....