FJRBluesman is Buying Lunch in NorCal

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...reminds of Katrina recovery..........
The southeast.

:****:

... like a broken wrist circle jerk.
Nevada. Every weekend.

:****:

The group met at the agreed-upon place, at the agreed-upon time.

Had an excellent time riding to Poor Red's.

[SIZE=8pt]Dropped my FJR.[/SIZE] :(

It was damn good seeing all the really good folks who attended. ...And you too, Hans. ;)

Poor Red's?

Food was marginal. (Good thing they've got a "signature drink".)

Dimly lit.

Waitress - very nice.

It's a biker place. Mixed bag. A good few fellows who take themselves a little too seriously. :D

Geez, the alcohol-drinking area was PACKED! At NOON! And such a gorgeous day, with great roads nearby.

(You'd think since they've got bikes, they'd be out riding.)

Now I can say I've checked it out.

Thank you for lunch, Simon. We all hope you're enjoying your time up here.

(Fairlaner has you all wrong.)

Brian, Sam, Gary. Great riding with y'all.

Happy Father's Day, all you old trappers!

MadMike, Terri, HYCLE, Uberkul, Erin, Tyler, FJRONAMISSION, Sacramento Mike, Flying Junior,

RocknFJR, puppychow, FJRBluesman, James Burleigh, Lemar, Warren, and James.

Missed you exskibum. Well, ....missed Judy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man Tyler, that sounds like good fun. I would have loved to see the look on his face when you said that. But alas, I was stuffing my face with enchiladas at our father's day lunch in Manteca.

Anyhow, that old dumbass knew what was what.... Demoncrats do ride metric... only real Americans... Rebugnicans ride Harleys. I thought everyone knew this??? :rolleyes: But you ride some bastard child from America's hat, so I don't know what you are? A Loonie? :bleh:

Hopefully I won't be tied up next time. Sounds like y'all had a good time.

Honey, you shoulda come... you could've punched someone in the face (not me) cause I came very close... :angry:
I had arrived early so parked right out front. We come out of the restaurant after a lovely lunch and the Spyder is almost blocked in by three custom Harleys... they were beautiful bikes and I was worried that I might nick one of them trying to get out... I looked at them and said, "Dang, hope I can get out with hitting one of them." This person (and I use that term with as much dripping caustic acid tone possible) says that one of them is his (American flags all over his bike, skulls all over his half helmet) and I should be able to get out no problem. And then starts to ramble quite loudly about this ain't on place for bleeding heart liberals, no f*cking Democrats, blah blah blah. I kinda just tuned him out and said uh-huh without much interest.

Then he points at the Spyder and says, "Is that yours?" Brilliant deduction, Sherlock... to which I said yes. He looks at me with this sneer and says, "What, you can't keep 2-wheels up?" and sniggers a bit. I looked at him and said, "Actually not right now, I had an accident last year so...." and he cuts me off with more redneck rambling and then says... wait for it... "Maybe you shouldn't be riding." And I looked directly at him and said, "Really? Asshole." and I walked away.

He goes scuttling into the bar like the cockroach he is to get his buddy cause they're gonna come out and cause some ruckus for the dumbass b*tch who can't even ride 2-wheels... by the time he comes out with his buddy, I am surrounded by the most lovely bunch of FJR (and other assorted bikes - friends of Simon) riders... maybe about 10 of them... and Terri too (she's a Democrat... GASP!!). Dumbass stops his forward momentum toward me... and then after a few minutes very quietly moves his stupid ass bike to the other side of the restaurant. I smiled on the inside. :D

*BTW, this it not a rant on Harley riders... I have met some of the very coolest of people riding them... from the grizzled old-timers to the newcomers and everything in between... unfortunately, this douche canoe was giving the brand a bad name and, imho, didn't deserve to be called a rider of any sort. *
Tyler brought out the best in this guy.... :p He was a piece of work to say the least, I thought he was drunk, but maybe not, maybe brain damage. I think this guy was proof of what happens to the fetus when it doesn't get enough oxygen.
I did notice when the guy came out with his other buddy, and things sort of calmed down, then the guys buddy was talking on his cell while watching us get our bikes from the Poor Red's parking garage (I use that term loosely). Couldn't figure why he was so interested in us and on the phone, and so far away from the door of Poor Red's...?

Glad you had a good ride Tyler, thanks for the extra hugs. ;)

You NoCal folks are OK. I'm not sure why Michael says those things about all ya'll. :huh: I don't believe him anyway.

The group met at the agreed-upon place, at the agreed-upon time.Had an excellent time riding to Poor Red's.

[SIZE=8pt]Dropped my FJR.[/SIZE] :(

Thank you for lunch, Simon. We all hope you're enjoying your time up here.

(Fairlaner has you all wrong.)
Michael -Just say no to dropping bikes.
You're welcome. Thank you for setting up the ride and bringing along all these great people from the forum for me to meet. I had a great time meeting and eating with my NoCal forum brothers and sisters. Fairlaner is from the other side of the pond, what do you expect.

Sorry I missed everybody today.

Got to confuzzle OM on the route yesterday and had a BLAST doing so, but this morning was reserved for the privilege of wearing the paper and yarn tie my elder (4 1/2 y.o.) boy created for me last week.

Sounds like another great Northern California FJR gathering of good friends, I'm glad everybody had a great time. Amazing what a jerk that guy was, Tyler; just a mean spirited "little" man. Oh, and "Where's Simon?" A lot more fun than playing "Where's Waldo?"!

Honey, you shoulda come... you could've punched someone in the face (not me) cause I came very close... :angry:
Honey, I now wish I would have

-coulda put a Nevada-style beat-down on that dick-munching CA asshole. Strategy might have included me kicking out his teeth and letting OM face f@ck him to death.

Jeeze, takes all types to make the world go 'round I suppose, -->and I'm sorry to hear it was you who drew the encounter.

Sounds like you handled it well. No surprise to me on that, you're good with peoples. And you quickly put it in the rear-view mirror where it belongs.

BTW: Glad you handled it and not the ex ski bum, if Rich would have done it -->we'd be reading posts on how it could have been handled differently <joke> <well kind of a joke> LOL

Good drinks, fair food, dark ....just as it's always been. I like that place and kinda sorry I missed it.

I started that direction but got distracted by the clear roads and nice weather ... and also wanted to get home at a reasonable time to basque in my father's day attention :)

We'll get together soon for some old-skewl face punching so no worries.

It was great to see everyone, I intercepted Michael and Brian at Pilot Hill on their run down 49 towards Marshall Grade to 193 and back and then Wentworth, Icehouse (where I got stuck behind 3 RV's in a row and had to pass them one by one), it was some very good twisty fun and Brian was showing off on his car tire while we were keeping a safe distance from him... :rolleyes:

It was great to see old and new faces at the Restaurant - HYCLE and Teri, MM2, OM, FJROAM, Gary, Sac Mike, Flying Junior and the surprise late party crashers Hans and his BMW buddy. I got to meet Tyler for the first time and she is a delight and a beautiful and affectionate person! Simon, good to meet you and your buddies and it is great to finally put a face to the Bluesman. Also, Uberkul and daughter riding dirt bikes - what a great way to spend Father's day!

PS- Tyler, you did good to walk away from that guy, that poser was just not worth your time or the effort (which you had already spent being nice to him).

There is no need to suffer fools and there are much better things to do in life than indulging ignorants.

EDIT - I agree with OM on the food being marginal, I ordered the Pork Ribs as this was considered to be a great Bar-B-Q place. I was very disappointed. I have had much much better Ribs at Dickeys BBQ in Reno and Black Bear.

PS- Tyler, you did good to walk away from that guy, that poser was just not worth your time or the effort (which you had already spent being nice to him).There is no need to suffer fools and there are much better things to do in life than indulging ignorants.
Some of these people get so far into the "lifestyle" that their mere presence is like finger nails on a chalk board.

Good job Tyler for not letting that confrontation become physical.................but if it had.................................I know you could have taken him. :lol:

I've never eaten at Poor Reds. Doesn't sound like I will anytime soon now. I HAVE been by it on my way up or down 49 pretty often, though, and from the stop sign 75 years away, I have noticed a lot of parked HDs around it almost every time. Glad you all made the best of the day and had a good time with some good people.

-coulda put a Nevada-style beat-down on that dick-munching CA asshole. Strategy might have included me kicking out his teeth and letting OM face f@ck him to death.
Jeeze, takes all types to make the world go 'round I suppose, -->and I'm sorry to hear it was you who drew the encounter.

Sounds like you handled it well. No surprise to me on that, you're good with peoples. And you quickly put it in the rear-view mirror where it belongs.

BTW: Glad you handled it and not the ex ski bum, if Rich would have done it -->we'd be reading posts on how it could have been handled differently <joke> <well kind of a joke> LOL
WTF is up with all the hostile behavior on the roads (and apparently in parking lots) lately?!? Sorry to hear of your experiences with the dirtbag, Tyler. Sounds like he was a truly brave citizen. Kinda glad I didn't also get to meet him (at least -- since it seems that a large enough cavalry contingent arrived to redirect his apparent intentions). About the time it happened, I was busy buying a couple thousand rounds of ammo at the annual sale in GV -- biggest such sale I've EVER seen!

Funny you should mention me in that, RJ. Seriously -- I seem to be on a run of finding myself around this kind of crap, while I THINK I'm doing my life's best work at trying to stay away from it or to run or withdraw, rather than get my once usual "pissed-off" on.

On Friday, I had a muscular, heavily tatooed gang banger type in a red minivan on I-80 east go off on me (in my Baru), seemingly about to have an aneurism from screaming at me and flipping me off when he went by. Lucky he didn't crash before, during or after that maneuver with his fine driving. In my "ride planning" PMs with madmike on Saturday, I described my reaction of just grinning at the asshole, rather than reacting in a more inflammatory manner. The guy hung next to my car for a minute, apparently hoping I'd engage with him.** Some of theses dirtbags (e.g., Tyler's and mine) deserve an ass kicking or worse, but there are lotsa bad consequences to that decision. So, being a little more mature than I once was, I am trying my best to handle things differently -- more like what a LEO might approve. :unsure:

** So, you're right, RJ -- I handled it "differently" than I once might have -- maybe because I'm getting wiser?, but also in some part due to the fact that I was on my way out to the range in GV, with 9mm and .45 pistols in a padlocked range bag, JHP defense rounds still in the magazines but NOT in the guns. I was carrying them legally, but if I'd been forced over to the road's edge like the tattooed dirtbag apparently desired, they were still accessible enough that his intended beat down probably wouldn't have gone like he intended. (But the legal consequences under those circumstances?!? No thanks -- someone else can shoot him, and they probably will if he behaves like that very often.) Again -- WTF??

.... me kicking out his teeth and letting OM face f@ck him to death....

I'm thinking just the 'kicking out of teeth' would be enough. :blink:

(Where do you GET this shit, John?)

You know, we didn't even sing "Happy Birthday" to Sacramento Mike.

'Cause you know, ....it's his birthday.

He's like, a hundred, I think.

You know, we didn't even sing "Happy Birthday" to Sacramento Mike.

'Cause you know, ....it's his birthday.

He's like, a hundred, I think.
OM, I think he gets it from peeking at you and Bust's vacation pics..... :dribble:

..Just say'n...... :blink:

Sac Mike is 103, I heard him tell Puppychow, while he was fingering his ribs...... :rolleyes:

B.....

as this was considered to be a great Bar-B-Q place.
???Huh, never in the last 25years have I heard anything good about the food there. It is a drinkin' place -some people get so hammered on the Cadillacs that they think the food is decent. sounds like you folks didn't spend enough time in the bar.

<snip>Funny you should mention me in that, RJ. Seriously -- I seem to be on a run of finding myself around this kind of crap, while I THINK I'm doing my life's best work at trying to stay away from it or to run or withdraw, rather than get my once usual "pissed-off" on.

On Friday, I had a muscular, heavily tatooed gang banger type in a red minivan on I-80 east go off on me (in my Baru), seemingly about to have an aneurism from screaming at me and flipping me off when he went by. Lucky he didn't crash before, during or after that maneuver with his fine driving. In my "ride planning" PMs with madmike on Saturday, I described my reaction of just grinning at the asshole, rather than reacting in a more inflammatory manner. The guy hung next to my car for a minute, apparently hoping I'd engage with him.** Some of theses dirtbags (e.g., Tyler's and mine) deserve an ass kicking or worse, but there are lotsa bad consequences to that decision. So, being a little more mature than I once was, I am trying my best to handle things differently -- more like what a LEO might approve. :unsure:

** So, you're right, RJ -- I handled it "differently" than I once might have -- maybe because I'm getting wiser?, but also in some part due to the fact that I was on my way out to the range in GV, with 9mm and .45 pistols in a padlocked range bag, JHP defense rounds still in the magazines but NOT in the guns. I was carrying them legally, but if I'd been forced over to the road's edge like the tattooed dirtbag apparently desired, they were still accessible enough that his intended beat down probably wouldn't have gone like he intended. (But the legal consequences under those circumstances?!? No thanks -- someone else can shoot him, and they probably will if he behaves like that very often.) Again -- WTF??
Here are three rules to go by and you must take your pick -->make your decision and then make that decision the right one, you can't waffle.

1.) Ignore it. Life goes on and it really ain't worth the effort. So there are assholes out there? -big deal, live your own life, it only effects you if you let it.

2.) When they guy just needs to be clocked (i didn't say Glock'd) you always make him think you're crazier than he is. Don't rationalize or out-think him ...you go at him as if you're the craziest mo-fo ever to hit the planet .....with not a damn thing to lose. Nothing is scarier than someone with nothing to lose coming at you ....but the "thinker" on the other hand is easy prey and you'll lose the fight and your pride.

3.) Got with our friend Hunter's assessment: "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

-Violence has solved a lot more world problems than words ....and ditto for parking lot altercations.

Riding a FJR ain't my first ghey rodeo.

???Huh, never in the last 25years have I heard anything good about the food there. It is a drinkin' place -some people get so hammered on the Cadillacs that they think the food is decent. sounds like you folks didn't spend enough time in the bar.
I should have added "or so I was led to believe" I love my food, I get very cranky when my food isn't good, when I am hungry for a good eatin', I want to go to a good eatin' place not a good drinking place. Who picked Poor Red's? :rolleyes:

Here are three rules to go by and you must take your pick -->make your decision and then make that decision the right one, you can't waffle.
2.) When they guy just needs to be clocked (i didn't say Glock'd) you always make him think you're crazier than he is. Don't rationalize or out-think him ...you go at him as if you're the craziest mo-fo ever to hit the planet .....with not a damn thing to lose. Nothing is scarier than someone with nothing to lose coming at you ....but the "thinker" on the other hand is easy prey and you'll lose the fight and your pride.
RJ -- that was my operating MO since about age 12 (being a year younger than everyone else in school, looking even younger and having too many bullies thinking that made me an easy target.) Hehehe -- not .

BUT now . . . I'm 58, and a lot slower and weaker than in younger jock days. In many ways, my emotional maturity is just now edging past age 21, but I like to think I'm getting smarter, wiser and more realistic about self preservation and all kinds of consequences. So . . . while literally ignoring assholes is not yet a mastered skill for me, I am getting better at the next best approximation: avoidance and "cowardly" flight where possible. Cornered is another story. ;)

I'd just be happy to miss as many a-hole confrontations as possible -- wouldn't miss it if I never got to see another. :)

Tyler's jerk sounds like a real piece of work. Most glad nothing happened, but also happy enough that I didn't see it.

Man you guys are harshing my mello. <_<

Erin and I had a great day getting up to El Dorado and even more fun coming home. Sorry to cut and run after lunch but we still had serious 'splor'in to do. I only took a few pics but did catch a Darksider getting a bad jump off the stop. ;)

Stopped to smell the flowers.

908132148_nZeZW-L.jpg

908134205_KcGDK-L.jpg

Dropping down to civilization for gas/food.

908138148_C97Xv-L.jpg

The water is pouring out of the hills big-time.

908136103_CQ6i9-L.jpg

Folks arriving for lunch.

908141395_UYmgk-L.jpg

908142823_x2cU9-L.jpg

All that rear rubber must act as some force multiplier.

908139691_Bew8M-L.jpg

Fun road...

908145008_Y828p-L.jpg

...with cool mines.

908147302_K7JjN-L.jpg

Tyler's encounter got me thinking... when worn, is a brain-bucket half full or half empty? :blink:

I should have added "or so I was led to believe" I love my food, I get very cranky when my food isn't good, when I am hungry for a good eatin', I want to go to a good eatin' place not a good drinking place. Who picked Poor Red's? :rolleyes:

I started going to poor red's in the 70s, when you could still read the signs on the walls through all the nicotine. We were a bunch of drinkers, and we'd go in and have a few while we waited for a table, then a few more while we waited for our orders. By the time we started eating we couldn't tell the difference between horse shit and apple butter.

Hadn't been back in a few decades, but I was expecting a real grease job on Sunday, and I wasn't disappointed. That stuff isn't supposed to be eaten by sober people.

Man you guys are harshing my mello. <_< Erin and I had a great day getting up to El Dorado and even more fun coming home.

Fun road...

908145008_Y828p-L.jpg
Thanks for the great pics, Brad.

Erin is livin' the life. Why, >old man tone< when I was her age, I was saving up for my own checkerboard,

and clothes-pegging baseball cards to my buzz-bike forks.

... got me thinking...
God help us all. :D

908141395_UYmgk-L.jpg

Looks like MM2 got a light reduction.
:lol:

Is he becoming an "ass-man" in his old age?

... By the time we started eating we couldn't tell the difference between horse shit and apple butter....
:rofl:

Walt, I wish you'd post more often. :clapping: