FJRBluesman is Buying Lunch in NorCal

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's it. Meet @ 0900.Short ride. Simple route.

Lunch at 1200.
We're FJR Forum members...we ARE simple. :unsure:

Except the gals our soft and gentle feminine members. :rolleyes:

Shouldn't take me more than an hour or so, to get there..........
Uh...Brian...you might want to give yourself an extra 20 minutes.

Don't be late.....

Kickstands UP @ 0900.

We don't want to be late like we were yesterday! :dribble:

Poor Red's at Noon, the date has always been Sunday June 20th.

I owe the NoCal folks a most humble apology, for my post that sent all ya'll in a tail spin. I was on the road to Reno all day yesterday. Gees, I'm truly sorry for the craziness, I hope you'll still be nice to me and not tip my bike over. :( :wub:

See all ya'll there. ;)

BTW - We're coming down Sly Park and Pleasant Valley from Hwy 50, maybe we'll see some of you on the way down.

My Garmin says a little over 3 hours to Poor Red's, so we'll leave at about 8am so we can stop, pix, etc and still get there on time..... I don't ride as fast as Fairlaner. :dribble:

Last edited by a moderator:
Out. You all have a great time. Let me know the outcome of the food fight, huh?

Was busy cleaning/maintaining stuff all afternoon yesterday and late into last night (except to check the status of this ride plan soup sandwich). With the confusion unabated when we went to bed, we didn't set the alarm for this morning.

Made it a leisurely wake up and I'm gonna go out to Grass Valley to check on something I should've done yesterday, then return home to watch the last round of the best and most significant tournament in golf.

[SIZE=8pt]This is my first Fathers Day without my Dad, and calling him immediately upon the conclusion of the US Open was a yearly tradition. The fact that he and I both had played Pebble a number of times, separately, would again have this year's venue (like in 2000, and I attended the '92 Open there) leading to an even more animated conversation.[/SIZE]

So, did anyone show up in time at Red's???

Planning on this ride reminds of Katrina recovery..........

..........and we all know how THAT has turned out! :lol2:

So, did anyone show up in time at Red's???
Planning on this ride reminds of Katrina recovery..........
no shit, It's like a broken wrist circle jerk.
Great place, beautiful day ...I actually started that way but when I got up around the Lake (Tahoe) the weather and roads were too good and decided I didn't want to dick up a good thing by crossing into the people's republic of Kawlifornia ...so did a nice little Nevada loop and got home plenty early to enjoy the family without being contaminated by the land of fruits and nuts.

Sorry I missed Tyler, i even had her halfmilliion dollar panties with me but the exchange will be another day. Sorry I missed Simon ..but sounds like we may connect in Renoville later this week.

Hope everyone enjoyed the food, that is a very special place -and I'm sorry I missed a pitcher of Gold Cadillacs .........

Only took a couple of pictures, but there were a lot of camera flashes from others at Poor Red's.

OM_FJROAM.jpg

P1000497.jpg

Good seeing you folks!! :)

Back in Reno all safe.

I want to thank the NoCal crew for greeting me at Poor Red's. It was a pleasure meeting you all (I remember most of your names which is good for me :D ), and eating the greased filled food, mmmmm. Johnny80's would have loved it... He's from San Diego ;)

We made it back to Reno at about 5:45pm. Some beatiful countryside up there. Hwy 88 was fun, some slow trucks made it challenging. The lakes looked great lots of snow left and it was nice and cool. THere was so much water coming down so many hill sides it was awesome! NoCal has the best roads and scenery.

Great day! :yahoo:

I'm sure the ride report will have some interesting shots.... ;)

Hope everyone enjoyed the food, that is a very special place -and I'm sorry I missed a pitcher of Gold Cadillacs .........
Honey, you shoulda come... you could've punched someone in the face (not me) cause I came very close... :angry:

I had arrived early so parked right out front. We come out of the restaurant after a lovely lunch and the Spyder is almost blocked in by three custom Harleys... they were beautiful bikes and I was worried that I might nick one of them trying to get out... I looked at them and said, "Dang, hope I can get out with hitting one of them." This person (and I use that term with as much dripping caustic acid tone possible) says that one of them is his (American flags all over his bike, skulls all over his half helmet) and I should be able to get out no problem. And then starts to ramble quite loudly about this ain't on place for bleeding heart liberals, no f*cking Democrats, blah blah blah. I kinda just tuned him out and said uh-huh without much interest.

Then he points at the Spyder and says, "Is that yours?" Brilliant deduction, Sherlock... to which I said yes. He looks at me with this sneer and says, "What, you can't keep 2-wheels up?" and sniggers a bit. I looked at him and said, "Actually not right now, I had an accident last year so...." and he cuts me off with more redneck rambling and then says... wait for it... "Maybe you shouldn't be riding." And I looked directly at him and said, "Really? Asshole." and I walked away.

He goes scuttling into the bar like the cockroach he is to get his buddy cause they're gonna come out and cause some ruckus for the dumbass b*tch who can't even ride 2-wheels... by the time he comes out with his buddy, I am surrounded by the most lovely bunch of FJR (and other assorted bikes - friends of Simon) riders... maybe about 10 of them... and Terri too (she's a Democrat... GASP!!). Dumbass stops his forward momentum toward me... and then after a few minutes very quietly moves his stupid ass bike to the other side of the restaurant. I smiled on the inside. :D

*BTW, this it not a rant on Harley riders... I have met some of the very coolest of people riding them... from the grizzled old-timers to the newcomers and everything in between... unfortunately, this douche canoe was giving the brand a bad name and, imho, didn't deserve to be called a rider of any sort. *

...Is That what was going on..??.. I came out of poor reds late, and they were moving their bikes.... they had and air of pissed off about them and the girl and guy rode off

kind of load,... but then, most Harley's take off like that..... I am sure that me, being my normal wall flower self didn't help.

It was really great to get out and see everyone, met some new faces and got to say hi to some old ones....(MM2).

B.....

P.S. Other than my previously shared "incident," it was a lovely day... great to see some friendly, familiar faces and meet a few new ones like Simon/FJRbluesman and his two friends up from SoCal, Lemar and Warren (although he introduced himself to others as something else... Gronk? Shrek? I can't remember... :rolleyes: )... and Sam/puppychow (who I know would've gone postal on the previous introduced asshat in my story)... and Walt who looks great... and Brad/Uberkul and his awesome daughter, Erin, on their dual sports... oh yeah, the fashionably late award goes to Hans/JB and his, friend James, who made a showing... I clocked in about 300 miles for the day... my longest ride yet on the itsy bitsy Spyder. B)