GALFER Brake Systems GROUP BUY!!!!!!!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks are going nuts over this GB.... 205 "view pricing" Signups as of this morning. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess we'll be seeing a bunch of those funny looking rotors at FJR gatherings this year. ;)

If I'm understanding this correctly, these CANNOT be used on bikes with ABS????

Not quite....

There are no ABS Brake Line Kits available on this particular Group Buy.

[SIZE=14pt]HOWEVER.....[/SIZE] Galfer Wave Rotors, Stainless Steel Clutch Line Kits, and HH Pads are available for all model FJRs, regardless of year.

All FJRs (save the 2003 model) take the same 320mm front rotor regardless if standard, ABS, or the Gen II LBS-ABS.

All take the same Clutch Line.

All take the same HH Brake Pads.

Not quite....

There are no ABS Brake Line Kits available on this particular Group Buy.

[SIZE=14pt]HOWEVER.....[/SIZE] Galfer Wave Rotors, Stainless Steel Clutch Line Kits, and HH Pads are available for all model FJRs, regardless of year.

All FJRs (save the 2003 model) take the same 320mm front rotor regardless if standard, ABS, or the Gen II LBS-ABS.

All take the same Clutch Line.

All take the same HH Brake Pads.
Thanks, I understand

Galfer Group Buy - Orders to date:

• 43 -SS Front Brake Kits
  • 34 - SS Rear Brake Kits
  • 30 - SS Clutch Line Kits
  • 30 - Front Wave Rotors
  • 22 - Rear Wave Rotors
  • 37 - HH pads sets

How much time do we have after the 25th to contact the vendor and make the deal? I'm away from the computer and phone until the 29th. This won't be a problem, will it?

Okay, after seeing the hefty number of signups on the Group Buy in just the first 4 days, the vendor wants to go ahead and start letting Group Buy players contact him next week to start the orders rolling.

He is at a bike show until Tuesday, so that's when I will send the contact info to the first 50 buyers, then 50 the next day, etc, so there will not be a large bottleneck of orders when the Group Buy ends on the 25th.

If you signed up during the first couple days of the Group Buy, be looking for a email with vendor contact info next Tuesday.

Are the rotors compatible with the stock pads?

Thanks,

Bill

I thought I'd post some pics of the Galfer rotors on an 07'.I've had mine on for about 4000 miles, I got mine from Bikeffects.

PICT0013.jpg

This is a picture of the right rotor and you can see the routing of the brake lines.

PICT0008.jpg

This is obviously the left rotor.

PICT0010.jpg

And the rear.

I think the HH pads are OK with OEM rotors, but they are more abrasive to them, causing the rotor to wear more quickly.

Are the rotors compatible with the stock pads?
Thanks,

Bill
Or how about this twist. Are the HH pads compatible with the stock rotors? :huh:

The other Bill
Yes on both accounts. ...as well as the HH being compatible with the pads, pads with the HH, rotors with the stock, and stock with the rotors.

Bummer. I wish I would have known this before I bought my Galfer braided SS front lines, pads, and clucth line. I got the clutch line and front pads at the Long Beach MC show back in December from the Galfer guys at the booth, for far cheaper than MSRP. I got the front lines for a smokin deal. I got lucky, someone who special ordered it and never picked it up. They practically gave it away I was just lucky to see it on the website before any other FJR riders saw it. I guess I can still get a rear line and rear pads. I do recall some time back on ebay someone selling full sets of lines for Gen1 non-ABS for something like $160. Not a bad deal if you wanted to go all the way...so to speak....

I highly recomend Galfer lines and pads. I used them on my Duc on the track and they slow you down like nothing else. Plenty of life in them and the feel is rock solid.

On my Gen1 the front brakes now are much firmer. The clutch line has no flex and clutch releases farther from the bar which I like. I haven't purchsed the rear yet because I really don't need the rears to be as spot on as the front brakes. I would rather have a slight give in the rear rather then have them lock up too easily.

I have no clue how Galfer's rotors are, but if they are anything like the brake lines, go for it.

Galfer on.

I just went to the website.

Holy Smokes Batman! I'll tell Alfred we went to the ATM to get $$ for these Galfer goodies! Replace all your lines.

The HH pads are worth it compared to the soft quick wearing stockers. The HH are a little harder on the rotors, but I doubt you'll ever use them to the minimum meat needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.