• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Gen 2 Frankentank

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's like Jello!

Theres allways room for more. I would imagine the T-bar would be the restricton. You may have to lower the T-bar along with the tank.

Nice work,

Dave

Well Rider X,I really don't know. I originally set out to do a 10 gallon ,like I built for chuck35 and Riding Guy,when I posted the 1200.00 price tag thru the primer stage. Spreading this tank out on a whim probably tacked around 6 hrs labor onto the original. If I add them labor hours on this tank is probably going to go for 1350 through the primer stage . Then I will build another at the 10 gallon mark for the 1200 that I quoted on this add. whoever chimes in first ,if it is wanted, either by post or pm will get it . I will take a 300.00 deposit to hold it and I will finish it when I get back from Bike week. I don't know what else I can do. Is that fair?

I know you say you only added a 1/2 gallon, but that's a 4 gallon increase from OEM. Pretty dammed impressive. However, 6+ hours of labor for a 1/2 gallon is sorta nuts. Either way, nice work. That takes some sick skill!

First off I'd like to say nice work! I have saw two of these, wingshots and auburns they are nice.

If I ever had the beans to purchase something like this, I think it would be nice to have a 8 to 8.5 gallon tank. I have ran on the reserve a few to many times and would like to have a gallon or two extra.

Again nice work, the skills to tack and weld that together without it being warped are impressive.

After sleeping on this overnight , I have come to the conclusion that I started this add with a price of 1200.00 thru the primer stage, and since I took it upon myself to try to make this tank bigger,I am going to honor my original price for this one time build. If someone wants one of these special 10.5's in the future ,it will be a 1350.00 tank, but this one will go for the original 1200.00 The 300.00 hold deposit will stand to hold it until I get back from bikeweek to get it finished. and we can talk paint then ,if wanted. Jim

After sitting on my bike at work today pondering the elusive 11.4 gallon capacity, I have an idea or two...

At least for those like myself with short legs.

I will have to think about it when I get home .If I keep going on this it wil be purely to see if and what I can gain. damn it! no promises though.

Tony you (with aux tank) should ride with Jim while he is in your neck of the woods. If he had to stop for fuel before you it would be just the needed motivation here ;)

What about the bars? Do they hit the tank when you try to turn?
What if you made it bigger than 10.5 gallons??
photo.jpg