Gen II Crash Bar Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just curious what going to happen if no one can take a ride to racing905 with an AE, will they still ship and have someone try one?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just curious what going to happen if no one can take a ride to racing905 with an AE, will they still ship and have someone try one?
I know someone with a Gen 1 was there yesterday. They took measurements to make the necessary changes. (Minimal changes to the front), significant changes to the rear.

I think they are going to fab up a set and test fit them. Ideally they are looking for someone that can leave their bike there for a day or two. (I suspect you'd get a free set, if you did this or at least a significant discount).

They are still trying to track down an AE, the rears will work, they know that, it's just the fronts need a bit of tweaking.

-MD

I can't believe somebody with an AE can't take a good enough picture to determine if the front bars will fit or not in the current configuration.

Ideally they are looking for someone that can leave their bike there for a day or two. (I suspect you'd get a free set, if you did this or at least a significant discount).
Hmmm...Might this person receive a loaner bike to get back home to Clovis on?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe somebody with an AE can't take a good enough picture to determine if the front bars will fit or not in the current configuration.
I don't know man, there are clearly some photo challenged people on this forum.

Ideally they are looking for someone that can leave their bike there for a day or two. (I suspect you'd get a free set, if you did this or at least a significant discount).
Hmmm...Might this person receive a loaner bike to get back home to Clovis on?
I don't know if they have any bikes to loan, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. I suspect the answer would be no though.

I just got a call from Stephanie. She wanted to confirm the year and specific model (A or AE). I wonder what she would have said if I had an AE ...and hopefully this means mine are out the door soon :)

I just got a call from Stephanie. She wanted to confirm the year and specific model (A or AE). I wonder what she would have said if I had an AE ...and hopefully this means mine are out the door soon :)
They are holding AE and Gen 1 bars until they get AE fitment verified.

We still need an AE volunteer to ride over there so they can take some measurements and test fit them.

It is very refreshing to see a company focused on customer support and their products. I am personally thrilled that racing905 is turning out to be a very stand up vendor.

-MD

Here's an email from Stephanie I just got:

So far, I have only had one person say that they had to make an adjustment to the bars. The original bike we built them off of was an 06 and we did not have any issues. I have not been able to confirm yet if it is a problem with certain years or just 08. I am trying to see if anybody else has had to make an adjustment to their bars to see if I should have them sent back or if we can correct it with an additional spacer. I will be making phone calls today to the other customers that should have received them already.

I will keep you posted in the next few days to let you know what the decision will be.

Anyone else installed the bars yet besides Duff? It's to damn cold in my garage to put them on my bike yet. Let us know how the install went.

Here's an email from Stephanie I just got:
So far, I have only had one person say that they had to make an adjustment to the bars. The original bike we built them off of was an 06 and we did not have any issues. I have not been able to confirm yet if it is a problem with certain years or just 08. I am trying to see if anybody else has had to make an adjustment to their bars to see if I should have them sent back or if we can correct it with an additional spacer. I will be making phone calls today to the other customers that should have received them already.

I will keep you posted in the next few days to let you know what the decision will be.

Anyone else installed the bars yet besides Duff? It's to damn cold in my garage to put them on my bike yet. Let us know how the install went.
I just called today to get an update on shipping. She said there seemed to be a little difference between the 06 and 07/08 for some reason and would have mine out in 2-3 days. They had to have someone go to a dealer to check out the AE for fitment. Seems like they are trying to make sure these fit for the specific year bike which is a good thing.

doctorj

:clapping: I can't comment yet regarding fitment as I'm still a-wannabe FJR rider but in my exuberance did purchase regardless. That said I must send kudos to Stephanie at 905 Racing. I just got off the phone with her and from earlier conversation she was aware that I do not as of yet own an FJR. As such she suggested that when I get my bike I call her at 905 and she'll make certain I get the right fitment :D ........... I mean really, good representation of a solid operation!!! (I would say "what more could I ask for " but I don't wanna open that door for you mokes :lol2: )

I'm in the same boat as you. I *should* get my bars today but it's currently ~5 degrees outside. Supposed to me nice this weekend and if so I'll put them on.

As soon as I get mine I'm installing them. At least test-fitting the fronts. I could fully-install them on my 07 if I'm the first to receive them.

If they were here by Friday it'd be perfect. Supposed to be in the high 40s here :) That's almost riding weather, except for the salt/sand still on the pavement :(

Received the following in an email from Stephanie just a few moments ago:

Good News....Adrian was able to find both an 07 and 08 AE model at the dealership. He brought the bars with him to test the fitment. He will have to extend the bar out a few inches for it to clear the electronic box, but everything else lines up. He took down all of the measurements and he will start building the bars for the AE model today. It should only be a few days before they ship. Also, he is making the change for the "A" model which I explained he is making that mounting point smaller in diameter, so there will be no grinding neccessary. (For those who are worried about that)
So shipments will resume soon.

Hey All

I've been away fron this forum for awhile, until yesterday, but was able to get in on the group buy with Stephanie less than 5 minutes ago! Great job!!

Received the following in an email from Stephanie just a few moments ago:

Good News....Adrian was able to find both an 07 and 08 AE model at the dealership. He brought the bars with him to test the fitment. He will have to extend the bar out a few inches for it to clear the electronic box, but everything else lines up. He took down all of the measurements and he will start building the bars for the AE model today. It should only be a few days before they ship. Also, he is making the change for the "A" model which I explained he is making that mounting point smaller in diameter, so there will be no grinding neccessary. (For those who are worried about that)
So shipments will resume soon.
That's good news, I can't wait to get them. Like you said it's good to see a company do whatever it takes to make things right.

Boy these people are GREAT. I just recieved an email from Stephanie. She is trying to make up a set for the GEN1s. They need a liitle extra clearance on the fronts and minor mods for the rear. She said someone with a GEN1 had dropped by.... Thanks somebody. She is holding my order on the hopes they can arrange to build and fit GEN1s as well. She even offered me a refund....... No Way. They have my order and I'm OK with a short wait.

:yahoo: Just talked to Steph. If you are like me, and the bars shipped prior to Racing905 realizing that not all Gen 2's are the same here's her solution, (if you haven't heard from her yet): She is sending a new bar out to replace the non-fitting one, and a return shipping label to send the old back. She was very nice on the phone, and even whined about having to go to a trade show in Indiana next week, (it's cold there ya know). Poor baby says it only gets down to like 45 degrees where she's at.....at it's coldest. :rolleyes:

:yahoo: Just talked to Steph. If you are like me, and the bars shipped prior to Racing905 realizing that not all Gen 2's are the same here's her solution, (if you haven't heard from her yet): She is sending a new bar out to replace the non-fitting one, and a return shipping label to send the old back. She was very nice on the phone, and even whined about having to go to a trade show in Indiana next week, (it's cold there ya know). Poor baby says it only gets down to like 45 degrees where she's at.....at it's coldest. :rolleyes:
hrm, maybe i should look for jobs out there.... 45 as a low sounds enticing :)

I'm in the same boat as NSrider about the Canadian shipping. Stephanie told me it would be $45.00 I told her to wait on the shipping till I figure something out.

Frank H
I called Stephanie to see if they would ship them USPS, the answer was yes so I ordered the front set. Shipping to Nova Scotia with USPS priority was $26.00. It's $45.00 if you want it express.