Gen II Crash Bar Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just talked with Stephanie about the gen 1 bars. She is keeping a list of people that want the Gen 1 bars and will notify when they get fitting details worked out. They are waiting to measure a gen 1. :unsure: They will honor the group buy price.

just ordered my Gen II's in black. here's to hoping that I continue *not* to need them:)

Just asked about the sliders, apparently once they get the delrin parts figured out they're just gonna send 'em to those of us who bought in the group buy? Is that sweet or what?

just ordered my Gen II's in black. here's to hoping that I continue *not* to need them:)
Just asked about the sliders, apparently once they get the delrin parts figured out they're just gonna send 'em to those of us who bought in the group buy? Is that sweet or what?
That is sweet. I tried to mount mine this weekend and I'm in the same boat as Duff. They are going to send me another right side.

-MD

They are waiting to measure a gen 1. :unsure:
Hey, I offered....

That is sweet. Those will make some kickin' highway pegs if they mount to the upper attachment point.

I tried to mount mine this weekend...
I did accomplish that much. :rolleyes: Oh, you meant the bars?

That is sweet. I tried to mount mine this weekend and I'm in the same boat as Duff. They are going to send me another right side.

-MD
They were sending me another right side to test... still have not received it. I might need to give them a call and make sure it didn't get lost.

I heard about the cliders too... I was keeping that as a surprise for everyone, but no biggee. It's a nice thing they are going to do.

-MD
They were sending me another right side to test... still have not received it. I might need to give them a call and make sure it didn't get lost.

I heard about the cliders too... I was keeping that as a surprise for everyone, but no biggee. It's a nice thing they are going to do.
I'm waiting on my replacement right side too. Last I talked to Stephanie (this weekend) they are trying to get George to bring his 07 in and verify the fitment, and/or what is wrong.

There should be no difference with any Gen II's outside of the AE.

I expect they'll ship the new rights this week or next. At least that's my expectation.

-MD

I'm waiting on my replacement right side too. Last I talked to Stephanie (this weekend) they are trying to get George to bring his 07 in and verify the fitment, and/or what is wrong.

I expect they'll ship the new rights this week or next. At least that's my expectation.

-MD
Thanks for the update. The bike's in the garage as it is VERY wet around here lately and I have the original installed anyway. No rush on my part. I WOULD like to see the sliders soon though. I may even call Gaurald and see if he can make me a set of mounting bolts. I can't find anything around here long enough to reach through my sliders, the crash bars and into the frame!

Just wanted to know if anyone has recieved thier bars and tried to install without issues.
not yet...per stephanie mine should have shipped 2/12 or 2/13

I still don't have the bars yet. I left voice mail for Stephanie to get some idea. Mine is 08 black and ordered front and rear set up. Is there anyone with idea why so long for the 08? I don't know if my credit card has been charged yet or not either.

doctorj

I exchanged emails with Stephanie yesterday. They were in Indiana at a Motorcycle/Vendor/Dealer Show and are returning today or tomorrow.

They have bars ready for the AE, and I expect shipments will resume this week.

I'm still waiting for my right side replacement (like Duff).

Rest assured, they are doing everything they can to make these right the first time... Apparently something changed in the jig from when they made George's. (My assumption is they didn't keep really good notes because they thought they'd likely never sell another set).

Bottom line though is they will ship soon, according to Stephanie yesterday.

-MD

the extra "wet' is why i wanna get 'em in a hurry...my car needs to go in the shop (fuel leak, etc) so I gotta ride in to work

-MD
Thanks for the update. The bike's in the garage as it is VERY wet around here lately and I have the original installed anyway. No rush on my part. I WOULD like to see the sliders soon though. I may even call Gaurald and see if he can make me a set of mounting bolts. I can't find anything around here long enough to reach through my sliders, the crash bars and into the frame!

I still don't have the bars yet. I left voice mail for Stephanie to get some idea. Mine is 08 black and ordered front and rear set up. Is there anyone with idea why so long for the 08? I don't know if my credit card has been charged yet or not either.
doctorj
I ordered and paid for mine on the 6th of Feb, Stephanie said sehe would send me an email when they shipped but so far I have not heard or seen anything.

They have bars ready for the AE, and I expect shipments will resume this week.
Fantastic! I am an AE and I am glad that they are making sure they know what they are doing before they go to Garauld for painting. I do not mind that they charged my card since I have 60 days in case anything goes wrong from the transaction date. However, I am not at all worried since they have stayed in touch with the Forum members.

I am more worried about USPS which took my money and delivered an empty box to my sister for Christmas. They say that since they delivered something (air?) that they will not refund my $41 for shipping but only the value of the contents which were stolen by their employees. They also said that it may take 120 days to determine if I get anything.

I say thumbs up to racing905 over USPS.

I am an AE and I am glad that they are making sure they know what they are doing before they go to Garauld for painting.
Wow, a typing bike! And I thought the clutches were the only seriously advanced technology in the AE....

I am an AE and I am glad that they are making sure they know what they are doing before they go to Garauld for painting.
Wow, a typing bike! And I thought the clutches were the only seriously advanced technology in the AE....
Damn, now I have to change my password again since the AE cracked it! I need a password more creative than FJR1300. Maybe something no one would guess like the name of my dog.

I haven't received any so far.
That was my guess. I know you communicate well with your customers. (Having been a repeat customer :yahoo: )

Hopefully they put some sort of note in there about who the order is for. Hopefully it's an invoice with my name on it and your place as the "Ship To" address...

I'll email Stephanie tomorrow and see if they are shipping things. The weather is getting warmer and I might not be able to resist the urge to ride...even with the winter sand still on the roads :blink:

I spoke with Stephanie yesterday and she told me there're waiting for brackets to be powder coated, she will e-mail me when they ship which should be next week. I have an 07 AE not sure if other years and models are ready, she is very nice just give her a call.

Last edited by a moderator: