Gen II Crash Bar Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just sold my OES sliders that I haven't even installed yet so I am "in" for a black set.

Thanks, Corey

01VFR

Has Garauld posted a price to paint these Cerulean Silver? I might be interested in shipping them directly from the vendor to Garauld and then paying Garauld for his work plus shipping to me. I assume he has worked out the Cerulean Silver match.

Or, can you photoshop experts show what black would look like on a Cerulean Silver FJR?

You could still get the fronts :)
Wouldn't the fronts work on a Gen I with a hole in the plastic for the forward mount? Where's that front lower bolt going? If so, it might generate more sales.

Last edited by a moderator:
Renegade,
I ordered a set of bars in Black Cherry. I looked at the pics in Post #48. IMHO the color of the bars does not match the bike close enough. If the pics in Post #48 were the first attempt, and there is a better match, I'd like to see it before confirming my color choice. If the photo shows the second attempt at getting the color right, please change my order from Black Cherry to black. Even if the colors don't match, I'm still in but make mine black.

Thanks for all of your hard work on this.
No sweat, I hope to get better photos from Garry. I *think* the bars match pretty well in his photos and I don't know, but suspect that the photos from 905 were the first try.

I think your best match would be having Gary paint them.

Ordering details will be posted on Monday, by default all orders will be BLACK. If you want Black Cherry, there will be additional instructions to get them that way.

-MD
Do we have a price for just the front set alone? I may be interested in just a front set alone.

I've decide to pass for now. I'll probably pick 'em up later since they will continue selling them after the group buy.

Too many wanted farkles....to little cash.

Renegade thx for all the work on this!!

The color match in post #48 doesnt look so good. If you cant confirm a better match then I'll have Gary do the paint...I've heard nothing but great things about his work.

I'm still in and cant wait to get these!

OK, I've kept the first post up-to-date as much as possible but I'll echo what I know and answer the questions that have recently been asked.

I am interested...depending on what they look like.
There are pictures posted in Here in the other thread and on post 48 of THIS thread.

Has Garauld posted a price to paint these Cerulean Silver?
No, Gary hasn't quoted anyone anything that I'm aware of. We all just know he matches stuff very well and I guess some here are assuming he'll paint them. I have not confirmed that he will. This is a group buy for BLACK crash bars, or optionally Black Cherry as show on GMC's bike.

Wouldn't the fronts work on a Gen I with a hole in the plastic for the forward mount? Where's that front lower bolt going? If so, it might generate more sales.
I dunno, don't have a Gen 1, though someone here already *thinks* they will work and is, I believe, taking that chance.

I'm interested but I can't get pics. Can someone post pics.
See above...

Do we have a price for just the front set alone? I may be interested in just a front set alone.
Yes, the fronts (or rears) will be $150 with free shipping assuming we'll have 10+ order which looks like, is not a problem.

The color match in post #48 doesnt look so good. If you cant confirm a better match then I'll have Gary do the paint...I've heard nothing but great things about his work.
Yes, the pics sent by 905 look like ass to me color wise. Though some pictures look better than others. I personally *think* that what Gary ended up with looks pretty good. The chick at 905 said they coated them twice, the first try didn't come out well. She is NOT sure if the photos in #48 are the first try or not. She highly suspects her crappy digital camera as well. I kind of concur since the color in all the pictures is different. But in the end I don't really give a rats ass about Black Cherry :)

If the color in the OTHER thread doesn't match well enough to you, then I'd be scared. I would advise you to get BLACK and get Gary to work his magic. 905 is somewhat skeptical about colors too. Everyone wants something different and has a different opinion on what will match and won't. The ONLY reason they will do Black Cherry is because the did it for George and it worked out, and they can match his.

So basically what I'm saying is...

Again, for those that don't/didn't read the entire thread...

They did George's in Black Cherry and they have the color code/formula to match what he has now. If you want that color, that will be an extra charge which may be shared amoung all the buyers of Black Cherry. I'm still waiting for that to be confirmed.

I hope this helps. :)

Lastly,

I also understand that someone (Fencer) is working with someone else to make a set that's similar. This other set may or may not be better, though he quoted a price of $200 for the fronts, depending upon QTY. I don't know what colors this person will offer, etc, etc. Different people have different oppinions on the quality of stuff from 905 racing. I've heard mostly good stuff, a couple people have complained about welds and coatings. But again, mostly good stuff.

I plan to purchase as set of these, it's why I'm driving it. I would not spend $600 for a set, but $300 sounds very, very reasonable to me. YMMV.

Hope that helps.

Any crash testing yet ? Kinda curious how the flimsy muffler footpeg bracket would hold up, looks like the product would hold up quite fine . . . .

Well, I can paint them in Dark Cherry, Raven, Cobalt, Galaxy or Cerulean - I have the standard FJR colors from Colorrite so the color match is pretty close. It better be for $190 per qt. :dribble: Anyhow, I'm estimating I can do a full set for $75 plus shipping or $50 + S for 1/2 set. Just keep in mind, the powder is more durable than urethane paint. PM me if you wish to pursue. Thanks!

What type of material are these being fabricated from? Also, will these interact with oil filter changes (using Purolator PL14610) or other routine maintenance? I am highly interested.

Last edited:
I know Renegade mentioned that the peg feeler will touch before the rear TOG.... I'm just trying to gauge how much you will have after that. :unsure: My problem is my peg feeler are getting pretty worn out. :rolleyes:

So I been trying to estimate how far the rear TOGs stick out from the bag. In this photo they seem to stick out far.

IMG_00391.jpg

However in this photo it doesn't seem to stick out as far out:

IMG_00421.jpg

I know when I had my unplanned dismount :dribble: that my Skyway sliders did help to protect the lower fairing, however that was about it. It didn't protect either engine cover. I do like the concept of this engine guard because I believe there will be less sliding during a dismount. With my sliders the bike really "slid" across the pavement, in fact she slid all the way across the road (about 40 feet) and hit the other shoulder of road and then flip on to the other side causing ever more damage. :blink: The worse part I was only going maybe 15 MPH!!!

Ok, just saw that I can get fronts only for $150 shipped. So I am in for the fronts in black if that's still possible. Will not have computer access after this morning until next Sunday though, in case you need more info from me.

Thanks Renegade for you work, and putting up with indecisive people.

Mike

Post #1 and the image therein has been updated..

(you may need to refresh to get the latest image).

Things are coming together and I expect to post the final details and Q&A this evening with ordering instructions.

Thank you for your patience.

-MD

Have these been drop-tested, or guaranteed to hold up in the event of a drop? They'd be great for practicing low-speed skilz....

Again, where's that front lower bolt attached?