Gen II Crash Bar Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have these been drop-tested, or guaranteed to hold up in the event of a drop? They'd be great for practicing low-speed skilz....
George, has expressed that he has dropped his bike and they work as designed, but I do not know the extent of his get-off.

Again, where's that front lower bolt attached?
I don't know and won't until I actually get mine. I just ordered them.

I have updated the FIRST post with the Group Buy details, or rather a LINK to the group buy details which I've placed on my site:

You will find those details posted here:

Clicky here

Happy ordering.

-MD

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in, I'll take a Dark Cherry set.

Renegade, thanks for setting this up. Let me know where to go from here.

Will these fit on a Gen 1 (2003-2005)?A: I have no idea, there is speculation that they will. It may require a hold drilled in your fairings, it might not. I believe there is one person in the group buy who’s willing to take the chance. If’n I was you, I’d wait for confirmation.
Will there be another group buy opportunity once compatibility with the Gen I bikes is determined? There would probably be plenty of interest, once the title read "Group buy for Gen I crash bars". :)

Ya think one could bolt some clamp-on highway pegs to those front downtubes?

Ya think one could bolt some clamp-on highway pegs to those front downtubes?
You betcha, that is EXACTLY what I plan to do with them.

I also expect that when this goes well, and a few folks have them mounted, we can lay hands on them and critique them. Once all the questions will have been answered, and Gen 1 fitment is confirmed, that another group buy will happen.

I'm in, I'll take a Dark Cherry set.
Renegade, thanks for setting this up. Let me know where to go from here.
I have updated the FIRST post with the Group Buy details, or rather added a LINK to the group buy details which I've placed on my site:

Clicky here

Please see the additional instruction in that post for getting yours in Black Cherry...

Happy ordering.

Thanks for setting this up. PM sent/Crash Bars ordered. Somebody's got to be a guinea pig for gen 1 :derisive:

Tried to edit my post, don't know if I succeeded if its a blooper, please ignore...

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried to edit my post, don't know if I succeeded if its a blooper, please ignore...
I saw it though via email ;)

The bottom line is, though, you can add delrin sliders to the ends of these bars if you wish. Racing 905 sells them so that is an option.

Compared to the coughSkywaycough aluminum sliders I have now, I think these bars are far less likely to dig, flip, flop, or cause any more damage.

Of course most of that type of damage really depends on what you hit when you go down.

IMHO.

Order a set, you know you want them :)

Renegade,

As of today I haven't seen any new photos on the black cherry paint match issue. I'll give it a couple more days to see if it gets sorted out. If not, I'll order a black set. If I understand correctly, January 26 is the drop dead date to order these bars. I'll give it until Friday, 1/23, and, place my order then, black or black cherry depending on what I see here.

Thanks again for all of your efforts.

Jon

Renegade,
As of today I haven't seen any new photos on the black cherry paint match issue. I'll give it a couple more days to see if it gets sorted out. If not, I'll order a black set. If I understand correctly, January 26 is the drop dead date to order these bars. I'll give it until Friday, 1/23, and, place my order then, black or black cherry depending on what I see here.

Jon
Yeah there really aren't any new photos. I personally think the photos that George sent in look like a pretty good match. I had asked George for some extra photos to verify but haven't gotten them yet.

If you are still skeptical, I would simply go with Gary. You know what you're getting from him. It will cost a tad more but for peace of mind that's probably the best move.

I would like to have all the orders in by the end of the week, but Stephanie will accept group pricing until the end of the month.

-MD

Renegade,

Jon
Yeah there really aren't any new photos. I personally think the photos that George sent in look like a pretty good match. I had asked George for some extra photos to verify but haven't gotten them yet.

If you are still skeptical, I would simply go with Gary. You know what you're getting from him. It will cost a tad more but for peace of mind that's probably the best move.

I would like to have all the orders in by the end of the week, but Stephanie will accept group pricing until the end of the month.

-MD
Just placed my order today, now I have to do some explaining to wife.

did the group buy happen already? I won't be able to get a pair till tax return time. if I miss the buy, are they still available?

did the group buy happen already? I won't be able to get a pair till tax return time. if I miss the buy, are they still available?
It is happening NOW!

Clicky here

I have done the best I can to answer as many questions as I can. Without actually laying hands on a set, there are some questions that just won't be answered until someone or some of us go first.

Tracking

Confirmed people (by their posting)

Click Here to view the tracking spreadsheet.

You can order through the end of the month... If you can't make that, let me know and I'll change your status on the spreadsheet.

They will be available for purchase after the group buy.

Sweet...

If you haven't done so...

Please shoot me a PM or an email to matt(at)dishers.com after you place your order. I can only account for 8 of the 10 orders thus far.