Gen II Crash Bar Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry if I missed it in this vast thread but has anyone posted pics of an '06A with color-matched front bars installed? If not, would someone be so kind? In fact, any pics of a blue FJR with the bars installed would be great.
I'm debating black vs. having them painted.

TIA.
I am getting mine painted by Gary as Cerulean Silver. I do not know of anyone else doing this color. Gary has painted only one set when I last contacted him but I do not know if it was blue or burgundy.
How much is Gary charging for the Cerulean Silver? Is doing front and rear?

Sorry if I missed it in this vast thread but has anyone posted pics of an '06A with color-matched front bars installed? If not, would someone be so kind? In fact, any pics of a blue FJR with the bars installed would be great.

TIA.
I am getting mine painted by Gary as Cerulean Silver. I do not know of anyone else doing this color. Gary has painted only one set when I last contacted him but I do not know if it was blue or burgundy.
Gary's post in this thread on Jan. 17 estimated $75 + shipping for a full set and $50 + shipping for a half set. He has my full set right now and has not said that it would be any different from his estimate. He has done one set before mine.

Hey All! I Just installed my this weekend. I was missing a motor mount bolt.The diameter was wrong! Im temporary using a orginal bolt until i get a hold of stephanie. My Question is what is handle buzz? I cant really tell from before and after. Should i be very concerned? Im kinda new to this.

Has anyone come up with a decent way to add highway pegs with these crash bars yet? I have seen where one person has mounted the WB brackets and pegs, and another where the WB brackets were interfering with the crash bars. I was hoping to somehow mount a set of highway pegs directly to the crashbars

This is what I did. I had the pegs and offsets mounted to WB brackets, but took those off and got some clamps for the bars. I'm not sure how much I like the looks of this setup yet though. I may change them and get pegs that mound directly to the clamps so it doesn't look so big.

bikepics001.jpg

bikepics002.jpg

bikepics003.jpg

bikepics004.jpg

Highway pegs on Crashbars...

Here's what I ended up doing:

IMG_0960.JPG

IMG_0961.JPG

IMG_0962.JPG

More Photos Here (Click)

I purchased these:

808f_1.JPG

on ebay for $80

They are :

KURYAKYN TOUR-TECH CRUISE PEGS

Small ISO pegs with 1.25" clamps

They are comfy, in just the right spot, but I'll know after this weekend (MD2020) and I'll report back. I don't like the chrome, kinda looks a tad ghetto to me. But if they work I'm keeping them. I seriously doubt they will ever scrap, they are actually up pretty high, Just a tad lower than the pegs I had mounted to sliders but back a little bit more which works for me.

There are a couple other ways to mount them if you need to. The biggest issue is the angle of that bar, it isn't 90 degrees which it seems would be better.

YMMV

I don't think I can hit them/scrape them in the out position, not without already being in a low-side. And yes, they will be casualties in a crash...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just installed the front bars and notice that the 'lower rod' which connects both halves of the bars touches the engine. The instructions say the notch goes on the left side which is what I did, it does install but it's difficult to get in place and rod touches an 'ear' on the engine pan. I flipped the rod around figuring my left may be someones right but it wouldn't install.

Anyone have suggestions? Do I need to...(hate to say it)...bend the rod a little? ;)

thanks

Just installed the front bars and notice that the 'lower rod' which connects both halves of the bars touches the engine. The instructions say the notch goes on the left side which is what I did, it does install but it's difficult to get in place and rod touches an 'ear' on the engine pan. I flipped the rod around figuring my left may be someones right but it wouldn't install.
Anyone have suggestions? Do I need to...(hate to say it)...bend the rod a little? ;)

thanks
I didn't have to do anything special. I put the indented/carved out side on the left, but when it's all tightened up I don't think it matters cause I can still rotate the bar.

I've had my bars of a half dozen times now. Just have your engine mounts loose, and the rear loose until you get it all together. Then I walk around the bike snugging everything up, then finally tighten everything.

-MD

thanks
I didn't have to do anything special. I put the indented/carved out side on the left, but when it's all tightened up I don't think it matters cause I can still rotate the bar.

I've had my bars of a half dozen times now. Just have your engine mounts loose, and the rear loose until you get it all together. Then I walk around the bike snugging everything up, then finally tighten everything.

-MD
Thanks MD

I'll back everything off and try again

TIA.
Gary's post in this thread on Jan. 17 estimated $75 + shipping for a full set and $50 + shipping for a half set. He has my full set right now and has not said that it would be any different from his estimate. He has done one set before mine.

I had mine painted by Gary. 07 Black Cherry. PERFECT match. Anything you send to him to paint for the FJR comes back looking like it came from the factory.

I didn't order rears. Why can't I have my fronts???
You need to call. It has always taken a couple days for me to get in touch, & in fact e=mail has always worked better. Here is her last reply:

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 16:11:11

Subject: Re: FJR crash bars

We were able to make the bars for the front only as of now.  We have not had any luck with the rears thus far.

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 3:20 AM, I wrote:

Hello Stephanie,

I purchased some crash bars for my 2005 FJR some time back and you guys were working on fitment for the first generation bars. I was wondering what the status might be. Thanks.

Jim

Last edited by a moderator: