Getting this thing on the center stand is a _)*+(_*()*+)(U*!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Feej is a breeze to get up on the stand, now my ol C-10 Connie...THAT was one heavy pig to get up on the stand :)
Yep, I never could get the ole c-10 up without a board under the wheel, FJR is easy in comparison! (it helps to take duke out of his bag!)

If you're pulling or lifting anything, you're doing it wrong IMHO. Use the weight of your body by standing on the thing!
Rock the bike up until both center stand feet are touching then stand up on your right foot. When done right, you end up with:

Left hand on left grip

Right hand on lift handle (though you won't be LIFTING anything)

Right foot on center stand

Left foot sticking out in the air at a 45 degree angle for balance
+1. I had a devil of a time by following advice to pull up, push back, etc. Once I learned to put all my weight on the stand (stand up on it with all my weight) it popped right up so easy it amazed me. Push back you can dump it, yank up on it and you'll put your back out. Everybody has a technique that works for them-but try using predominantly your weight and have a friend on hand to steady things while you practice. Once it happens, you won't have a problem again.

The Feej is a breeze to get up on the stand, now my ol C-10 Connie...THAT was one heavy pig to get up on the stand :)
I was reading this thread and thinking I would make this very comment . . . but you beat me to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't endorse all of these ideas but maybe a video or three will help.

(BMW)

Wow, we're on page two of center stand 101..... again. ;)

Important points to highlight -

It's a foot action primarily, not a lifting action. Think guiding it forward with your hands as you push down with your foot. Find the lifting slot on the left side of the bike below the seat.

Do pay attention when you first put the center stand down against the floor to ensure it's got both legs down even. This will be a rude surprise if you don't, and you promptly launch the bike off to one side. It's been done.

The rest is pretty much common sense.

And, quite importantly, start on ground that is very level side-to-side. Attempting to square both legs of the center stand on ground that slopes away from you can be quite entertaining! :)

hell, folk! it's only 650 lbs. try a K1200LT or GL1500 wing. these things are a snap! follow all the good bits above (toss out the bad bits) and you'll be fine. the first time i tossed mine up on the center stand is slid backwards at least a foot after the center stand deployed. it was that easy!

Yeah, I almost launched the Feej the first time I put her up, but as I said, I was used to my ol C-10 so my muscles and reflexes were used to that... Dunno why but i never had a problem getting the C10 up, it was a bit of a grunt fest, but I never felt like I couldn't do it.

One thing that was mentioned however, make sure you stand the bike up straight so both legs of the center stand are on the ground BEFORE trying to get it up, if it's only on one leg of the stand you won't be able to get it up no matter what you do (Unless you are superman or the Hulk) (Please be carefull when doing this so it doesn't fall over)

But, as was mentioned.

Place CC on ground, keep foot on stand

Stand bike up so both legs of CC are contacting ground

Grab onto grab handle with right hand, handle bar with left

step down HARD onto CC lever

Guide it up with hands..

She should go right up :)

Yes technique is very important...
I agree. Except for the Honda CL70 I had light years ago, this is the easiest bike I have ever had to get onto the center stand.

.......Rock the bike up until both center stand feet are touching then stand up on your right foot. When done right, you end up with:

Left hand on left grip

Right hand on lift handle (though you won't be LIFTING anything)

Right foot on center stand.....
Yes to every thing except the left foot. It helps to imagine you are trying to mash the centerstand into the groung with your right foot.

:The problem you are experiencing is gravitational pull. As you are farther from the equator, the gravity is heavier north of the 49th and there by the bike is heavier. Make sure the front is facing south as that will lessen the pull. :)
It really dosn't have to be exactly south, southwest or southeast will work also so long as it isn't raining or there is a full moon.

Just lay the bike on it's side, extend the centerstand, then stand the bike back up. Cake B) ....
Have not tried that. :blink:

maybe needed...where the "handle" is

it's merely a hole underneath just below the pillion seat

insert fingers of right hand into the rectangular "hole"

I've owned many bikes and struggled with using the center stand

I didn't know to use the "handle"...now it's a piece of cake

my 1.5 cents and hope this helps somebody.

Let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'

Let me add my 2 cents...

Get in the habit of folding up the passenger foot peg before standing on the center stand tang. One time at a gas station I got it up but the passenger foot peg got caught in my pants leg and ripped out the zipper.

:dribble:

Sounds painful doesn't it?

If you should be so lucky as to put on a slightly longer rear shock, as well as picking up more cornering clearance, it makes using the centrestand cake...

It really is all technique folks - if you're popping veins trying to put her up you're not doing it right!

Here's MY two cents' worth....

[SIZE=14pt]I[/SIZE] put a Feej on its centerstand yesterday - and I weigh < 125lbs :clapping:

Not MY Feej, btw, 'cause it's been lowered and not even a smallish guy is putting mine up :glare:

[SIZE=14pt]I[/SIZE] put a Feej on its centerstand yesterday -
Oh. I believe you.

forklift.jpg