Going to the Dark Side

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw that. Yeah, we be 'dumb'. I got quite a kick out of it.

I tell you, it's not easy being a blasphemer.

Here's a more readable version:

CarTiresOnBikes001.jpg
I can't believe that guy was so mean to those poor dogs. What did they do to him??

Seriously though, that guy is full of shit. I've see it and after last weekend experienced it. I tried to reject it and threw that monstrosity out from under me, but there was no denying it. The bike rode really well, and after a few more miles than the 20 or so I put on, I think I would forget it's there.

I noticed small things like the way the bike tracks on uneven pavement at slow speeds, but nothing that can't be adapted to. I also think that while making tight slow u-turns, the bike takes extra effort during that initial turn-in, and then the rider has to ease up or bad things can happen...Sorry Greg! Overall, the bike rode just fine, accelerated out of corners just fine, turned just fine, and only felt a little different. Almost the same as riding a bike with a longer wheel base.

If I was riding the IBR or something where a MC tire would require a replacement half-way through, I would definately run a car tire to save time and effort. Gawd...Now I sound like you jackasses. I'm gonna go bang my head against the floor... :p

<snip>

...I've see it and after last weekend experienced it. I tried to reject it and threw that monstrosity out from under me, but there was no denying it. The bike rode really well, and after a few more miles than the 20 or so I put on, I think I would forget it's there.

I noticed small things like the way the bike tracks on uneven pavement at slow speeds, but nothing that can't be adapted to. I also think that while making tight slow u-turns, the bike takes extra effort during that initial turn-in, and then the rider has to ease up or bad things can happen...Sorry Greg! Overall, the bike rode just fine, accelerated out of corners just fine, turned just fine, and only felt a little different. Almost the same as riding a bike with a longer wheel base.

If I was riding the IBR or something where a MC tire would require a replacement half-way through, I would definately run a car tire to save time and effort. Gawd...Now I sound like you jackasses. I'm gonna go bang my head against the floor... :p
The force is strong with this one.
wink.gif

It's only a matter of time.
tongue.gif

Brodie

Are there any web sites that provide CT size and the "optimum" tire pressure recommendations for each bike? Riding a cruiser these days and replacing the rear tire every 7K miles to 9K miles is getting old, fast.

Thanks in advance...
There is a darksider forum on Delphi Forums which has a table of bikes, tires and pressures as I recall.
Thanks, Roy.

For anyone interested in trying this, there is a used Exalto on ebay for cheap. Supposedly 90% tread left and for $80 shipped. About HALF price!

Clicky.

On a separate note, anybody around here buy the Carmine's Custom brake arm from Farklemasters.com? If so, you got a photo of it?

On a separate note, anybody around here buy the Carmine's Custom brake arm from Farklemasters.com? If so, you got a photo of it?
I bought mine from Catfish at Farklemasters. It's functional but not necessarily pretty. Here's pics beside the stock arm (BTW, it's made out of stainless):

58957567.jpg

eb604461.jpg

For anyone interested in trying this, there is a used Exalto on ebay for cheap. Supposedly 90% tread left and for $80 shipped. About HALF price!

Clicky.

Dios Mio Hombres, SkooterG went from being a Skeptic, to a Convert, to an Enabler and now to a Holy Apostle! Remember when Saul of Tarsus was on the road to Damascus to persecute the Christians as recorded in the Holy Bible. He was struck down by God and told to repent all of his Sins and worship Christ.

Saul came forth from that moment forever on as Saint Paul and carried Christianity to the far ends of the Earth. Behold My Brethren, I present to you Saint GregoryM of Exalto: Holy Seer and Apostle of the FJR Car Tire!

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought mine from Catfish at Farklemasters. It's functional but not necessarily pretty. Here's pics beside the stock arm (BTW, it's made out of stainless):

58957567.jpg
Thanks. Mine looks like that too. I recently saw a photo of a pretty black one somewhere around here and thought I got robbed!

Thanks. Mine looks like that too. I recently saw a photo of a pretty black one somewhere around here and thought I got robbed!
I think that after he invented sliced bread the same guy put paint in a can with some aerosol and called it spray-paint. :lol:

Clicky.

Dios Mio Hombres, SkooterG went from being a Skeptic, to a Convert, to an Enabler and now to a Holy Apostle! Remember when Saul of Tarsus was on the road to Damascus to persecute the Christians as recorded in the Holy Bible. He was struck down by God and told to repent all of his Sins and worship Christ.

Saul came forth from that moment forever on as Saint Paul and carried Christianity to the far ends of the Earth. Behold My Brethren, I present to you Saint GregoryM of Exalto: Holy Seer and Apostle Arsehole of the FJR Car Tire!
fxd

I didn't bother with buying the brake stay.. a few second with a dremel and small stone was all it took to clear any interference. Couple of bushings and it now mounts "outside" the normal location,

I didn't even need bushings, I just remounted it outside the stock location. Filled a decent stone with aluminum, though, getting the bar to clear the swingarm. (Here comes the setup part . . .) The nuts went inside the 'U' and were held in place with a washer, which made them theck enough to just stay there, and then the screw went in from the back side. (Should be 'bolt,' but 'screw' just sets it up better.)

Nuts inside the stay with a washer?? My goodness ye is a redneck! :lol:
I've never owned (or even wanted) a truck, I hate country music, and I have never uttered the phrase, "Here, hold my beer."
Brother Walt, since it is indeed dog pile Friday, I do have to ask: Is your middle name "Goober" or "Bubba" and are you married to your first cousin? I'm just wondering!

I modified mine this way.......Got the idea from Brodie. Figure if you mounted it to the outside you'd need to grind it a bit anyways....this stays in the stock location and has more than enough meat on it. Zero clearance issues over 35K.

138093d0.jpg