Going to the Dark Side

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a video of a stoppie with a car tire? I'm not sure I believe that. :D
I need video proof<egging him on>...your wise and clear explanation of the physics involved is clearly not enough. :clapping:
Listen up, Toadnipples, your constant stirring-of-the-pot has been monitored, noted, tabulated, collated, filed and forwarded.

WE ARE WATCHING YOU!!!
and.....

Whatsa toadnipple? ...an inverted darksider?

Last edited by a moderator:
I need video proof<egging him on>...your wise and clear explanation of the physics involved is clearly not enough. :clapping:
Listen up, Toadnipples, your constant stirring-of-the-pot has been monitored, noted, tabulated, collated, filed and forwarded.

WE ARE WATCHING YOU!!!
and.....

Whatsa toadnipple? ...and inverted darksider?
Hey Mark...your not gonna be next are ya??

WE ARE WATCHING YOU!!!
and.....

Whatsa toadnipple? ...and inverted darksider?
Nope...I don't swing that way....

Don't let the roundness of my tires deter you from putting flat-sided ones on yours.

...or will it? Hey, just cuz I don't swing your way...don't let it upset you. ;)

Or are you guys some sort of cult? If you come by my house with the dark suits, white shirts, and skinny tie...I won't open the door for you either. :lol:

Don't let the roundness of my tires deter you from putting flat-sided ones on yours.
...or will it? Hey, just cuz I don't swing your way...don't let it upset you. ;)

Or are you guys some sort of cult? If you come by my house with the dark suits, white shirts, and skinny tie...I won't open the door for you either. :lol:
"Or are you guys some sort of cult?" Wheatie, what in the hell did they teach you and SkooterG at Wheaton High School: Basket weaving or underwater flower arranging? Hell yes, of course this darksiding is a cult! We are just half of a Coleman cooler of blue Kool-Aid away from being another Jonestown in Guiana, S.A.!

Nope...I don't swing that way....
After all of the discussion so far, you mean to say you still have concerns? If so, what are they?
1. An uncomfortable sense of "self"

2. Failure to launch

3. Fear of unknown pizza toppings

4. Self-loathing

5. Chronic flatulence

So I go on? Or let Wheaties continue his list?
6. Afraid to "peak" too early

I have actually activated the rear ABS on my '05 during a moose avoidance maneuver. It's a three beer story.
Will have to put it on the agenda for CFR... course, by then I may already be a darksider so it will just be for entertainment purposes. :)

So can we get the abridged version? Braking with CT better/worse/indifferent?

The funny part is that I wasn't even trying to be argumentative or stirring the shit, I was just wondering if you had a valid concern. I still don't know if you do, but I assume not. It's Seems to be exactly like my wife freaking out if I put my shoes on the bed. She won't tell me why it freaks her out, but it damn sure does. Are you my wife? :ph34r:

OK f__k it! Here is "the answer" from another; [email protected] :blink:

I run the same size (205/50/17) tire sizes on my '04 Mini Cooper S, and they don't wear for shit!@...

I should have opted for the 19 " rims = sorry! :dribble:

... and they don't wear for shit!@...
You referring to the Exclaims or the tire size in general???
My Mini Cooper S OEM warranty "suggested" that I stick with run flats, and I didn't upgrade to an "optional" larger rim size!

This severely limited my tire choices in the "standard" 17 inch rim size!

I "wish" I had realized this priority, and opted for the larger "optional" sized rims = more tire choices!

... It's Seems to be exactly like my wife freaking out if I put my shoes on the bed. She won't tell me why it freaks her out, but it damn sure does. Are you my wife? :ph34r:
Because you probably walked through dog-poop sometime through the day without knowing. Wives know stuff (and I'm not a wife - I just have one). No need for thanks, I'm just happy to help.

Now back to scheduled programming. :rolleyes:

Wheatie - It's cool guy, you roll your way, we'll roll ours. :D

Khunajawdge - You got bad info from the Cooper guys. The run flats are heavier, more expensive and as you discovered, available in fewer versions. Oh, and don't always wear that well either!

Double check, but you should be able to use non-run flat tires on your current 17" wheels. buncha options then.

None of us Darksiders use run flat tires. Don't need them. FWIW, the FJR is so much lighter than the Cooper that we not only get better mpg, we don't wear out the tires as fast either. ;)

... It's Seems to be exactly like my wife freaking out if I put my shoes on the bed. She won't tell me why it freaks her out, but it damn sure does. Are you my wife? :ph34r:
Because you probably walked through dog-poop sometime through the day without knowing. Wives know stuff (and I'm not a wife - I just have one). No need for thanks, I'm just happy to help.

Now back to scheduled programming. :rolleyes:
A logical deduction, but I left a few details out that might change your conclusion. She had just returned from a shopping trip. The shoes were for her, they were new in the box, and the box was in a mall shopping bag with several other clothing items. I tossed the bag onto the bed and started to put away groceries when I heard a shriek, and that was only the beginning. She didn't have a problem with the bag being on the bed, just the shoes. :dribble:

To bring this back on topic, she thinks this dark side thing is pretty cool.