Going to the Dark Side

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dcarver's gittin all rowdy.... :lol:
What'cha drinkin?...
Well, uh, Whiskey, of course, a MANS drink, not that Coors Light 'fucking near water' you dark-siders favor! :rolleyes:

STFU Carver! We all don't live on roads designed by hopped up hippies!

Klown, parts of the U.S. are flatter than the top of yer pumpkinhead..

Logic would dictate that these "darksiders" are in fact money ahead running "flat" road tires.

Tell ya what.. I'll drag along me Schwinn Stingray next fall... 2.5 inch slick an all an we'll do some drag racin'

Meantime, Why don't ya go down to the wharf an visit with Howies cousin's..

Hugs, :)

:jester:
Thanks Bust, I had almost forgotten about Tim's "Hugs n' Kisses" - a great memory. Of all fuckheads you are one who needs to get your ass out West to see what real roads look and ride like...

oh, :****:

Hugs n' Kisses

hey - it's Friday right, and I'm in a TWN mood! :****:
You darksiders riled up yet? 4 hours before DogPileFriday is over :unsure: :rolleyes:
Dood, yesterday was April 1st. :rolleyes:

And if I have to come out one more time and rescue you after you run out of gas trying to chase down 400 lb sport bikes again, then you're buying all the beer and single malt for the rest of 2010!
Doode, I now carry 11.1 gallons of gas. And my Light-Side tire has less contact patch which equals less rolling resistance which means I can carry higher terminal velocity at better mpg than your dark-side flat-ass tire thus ride longer, more confidently, and, well... you get the idea?

oh,

:****:

Hugs n' Kisses to you too!

(having fun, glad you phucks are up so late, I know you're old n' stuff)

What'cha drinkin?...
Well, uh, Whiskey, of course, a MANS drink, not that Coors Light 'fucking near water' you dark-siders favor! :rolleyes:
Don't lump me inta these crazy bastids.....

I jus wundered what ya was a drinkin...

Bourbon fer me...

:)

edit...

I fergot I wazzunt gonna hijack this post...

Please excuse....

Sorry...

edit again...

Bite me....

Last edited by a moderator:
When I get out there in the fall I'm going to rape the shit outa Carver then show him how to ride the fuk outa straightaways..

An, Just to make him look bad?

I'm going to hook up my stingray to his bike with a chunk of rope and pass his limpdick ass while bustin' a 30 mile an hour curve at ninty..

Such a puss.. ;)

What'cha drinkin?...

Bourbon fer me...

edit...

Please excuse....

Sorry...

edit again...

Bite me....

I was gonna bust on yer ass fer PWI,but..

Ya splled everthing wright..

Jackass!

What'cha drinkin?...

Bourbon fer me...

edit...

Please excuse....

Sorry...

edit again...

Bite me....

Jackass!

Bite me with a little tongue...

Where the phuck is odot when we need 'im?

What'cha drinkin?...

Bourbon fer me...

edit...

Please excuse....

Sorry...

edit again...

Bite me....

Jackass!

Bite me with a little tongue...

Where the phuck is odot when we need 'im?
edit: Spellin ain't that hard...

Well, I rode around a bit this evening, and all my parts are still attached. The bike's feel is getting to feel normal. Y'know, dcarver may not like it, but we all make fun of that which we do not understand. And if I had the roads some of you guys have to ride on, I wouldn't understand, either.

If'n I lived in West Virginia or Southern California, this would not be a consideration. But I live in north Florida. The biggest elevation change here is the steps to the courthouse. The sharpest curve is the end of your own driveway. The highest elevation is a TV tower, not a piece of rock somewhere.

I ride my bike to work, 2 miles due south, then east 2 lights, then 3 more miles due south. There's a bit of an 'S' in that road, too, calls for 2 or 3 degrees of lean, and that would be at 80 miles per hour.

So 99.99995% of my riding is upright. The last three rears had steel showing in the center with 4mm tread 30 degrees off-center. If I'd started with one of these flatlander tires on it, I'd still be on it, and be nearly $500 ahead.

The bike is still capable of cornering well past what I'm capable of doing. I've never scraped a peg except when the bike was sliding down the street. Sure, if I could ride like they ride in the hills, I'd be a better rider, but I don't get to practice that very much around here. Hell, it's a hundred miles to the nearest interstate on-ramp that's not just a plain ol' right turn.

Yeah, the bike feels "funny" at first. It's not as "crisp" as it was yesterday. But I just took a gigantonormous step towards cutting my tire bill by a factor of 6 or more, and for me, that's significant.

Moving on:

Bustanut, I had one o' them rear-slick Stingrays, I think mine was a five-speed, but when I wore through the tire doing brake skids I couldn't find another one, and it got a regular round tire. I guess the flat-tread tire on this bike puts the world back in balance, some 40 years later! :)

And Mike, STFU. :) I asked for somebody artistic to come up with an icon!!!!! :bleh: :D

Doode, I now carry 11.1 gallons of gas. (having fun, glad you phucks are up so late, I know you're old n' stuff)
What a hoser! You have 11.1 gallons of capacity. don't help squat when you go out near empty and try to be a holligan. The rest of the time it just lets you run out farther away from a gas station!

Up late? You are drunk!! I'm still at work. And still will be long after you're sleeping on the couch with the kitties. :yahoo:

Well, I rode around a bit this evening, and all my parts are still attached. The bike's feel is getting to feel normal. Y'know, dcarver may not like it, but we all make fun of that which we do not understand. And if I had the roads some of you guys have to ride on, I wouldn't understand, either.
If'n I lived in West Virginia or Southern California, this would not be a consideration. But I live in north Florida. The biggest elevation change here is the steps to the courthouse. The sharpest curve is the end of your own driveway. The highest elevation is a TV tower, not a piece of rock somewhere.

I ride my bike to work, 2 miles due south, then east 2 lights, then 3 more miles due south. There's a bit of an 'S' in that road, too, calls for 2 or 3 degrees of lean, and that would be at 80 miles per hour.

So 99.99995% of my riding is upright. The last three rears had steel showing in the center with 4mm tread 30 degrees off-center. If I'd started with one of these flatlander tires on it, I'd still be on it, and be nearly $500 ahead.

The bike is still capable of cornering well past what I'm capable of doing. I've never scraped a peg except when the bike was sliding down the street. Sure, if I could ride like they ride in the hills, I'd be a better rider, but I don't get to practice that very much around here. Hell, it's a hundred miles to the nearest interstate on-ramp that's not just a plain ol' right turn.

Yeah, the bike feels "funny" at first. It's not as "crisp" as it was yesterday. But I just took a gigantonormous step towards cutting my tire bill by a factor of 6 or more, and for me, that's significant.

Moving on:

Bustanut, I had one o' them rear-slick Stingrays, I think mine was a five-speed, but when I wore through the tire doing brake skids I couldn't find another one, and it got a regular round tire. I guess the flat-tread tire on this bike puts the world back in balance, some 40 years later! :)

And Mike, STFU. :) I asked for somebody artistic to come up with an icon!!!!! :bleh: :D
I DO get it. Honestly, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, considerably better, even. But when you look forward to a 'light' ride, e.g. no bags, 1/3 tank, fresh tires and brakes, heading to to twisties.... well, I'll pay for tires.
And, if I may? If all the roads in your local are flat, why not ride a Harley? I love my 91' Ultra with 148k on the clock.. and it does flat non-twistie roads great. Please don't read this as a slam, it's not. I love the ride and sound of my Harley, and boy have I taken flack for it on this forum...

What I'm trying to say is I *think* I understand the rationale for both sides.. but my orginal premise still stands...

If Yamaha sold the FJR with a dark-side car tire they would sell zero if minimal bikes. It severely affects handling, braking, and suspension. Only a few appreciate the benefits of running a car tire on a great *sport-touring* bike. For those peeps, it's very cool and I get it. But trust me, a dark sider could never keep up in the twisties, which is the other side of an FJR's peronality.

A final note - I just bought an aux fuel tank, it holds 4.89 gallons of weight on the pillion seat. When full, this additional weight significantly changes the weight bias and suspension bias on the FJR - which I don't like and will adjust out. To me the car tire is 2x worse, and I can't see any way to adjust it out...

Ok then, sorry if I pissed anybody off -

peace

and

:****:

Hugs n' Kisses

(in a TwoWheelNut mood tonight)

A final note - I just bought an aux fuel tank, it holds 4.89 gallons of weight on the pillion seat. When full, this additional weight significantly changes the weight bias and suspension bias on the FJR - which I don't like and will adjust out. To me the car tire is 2x worse, and I can't see any way to adjust it out...
Aye, don't need a car tire(?) or an Aux Fuel tank either, so there. Truth is, my bladder can't go longer than the range of the FJR's OEM fuel capacity, and a Car tire just seems like I'll need to pack a jack & other !@#$ in case of a flat. :rolleyes:

Guess I'm strictly, a rolled doughnut kinda rider.

I DO get it. Honestly, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, considerably better, even. But when you look forward to a 'light' ride, e.g. no bags, 1/3 tank, fresh tires and brakes, heading to to twisties.... well, I'll pay for tires.
And that's fine Don. I've always said that if you ride like a hooligan, the Darkside is not for you. Still, you've been warned. I catch you out of gas, you're so screwed. :lol: If you enjoy 'light rides', do check out some real sport bikes.

What I'm trying to say is I *think* I understand the rationale for both sides.. but my orginal premise still stands... If Yamaha sold the FJR with a dark-side car tire they would sell zero if minimal bikes. It severely affects handling, braking, and suspension. Only a few appreciate the benefits of running a car tire on a great *sport-touring* bike. For those peeps, it's very cool and I get it. But trust me, a dark sider could never keep up in the twisties, which is the other side of an FJR's peronality.
Oh crap, you believed that bull about sport-touring? Sorry to hear that. Bags, adj. windscreen, 600 lbs. Dooood, it's a touring bike.

Seriously, the CT is not for everyone, and I've always said so. That said, it takes some time to get used to it and be comfortable riding like you did before. If you believe the CT somehow prevents you from riding at a given speed around a given corner, you are mistaken. You aren't going to ride any faster on a moto tire than a CT. You will work harder to ride at the same pace on the CT though. As has always been said, turn in requires more effort and you lose that effortless turn in a new set of moto tires has.

The telling part here is that you seem to think there's a difference with the bags off. Nope. Now, go ride a GSXR 750 before you talk trash again. Not the poseur 1000, not a R-1, not a Busa. All those are for pussies that can't get out of 1st gear and just want bling. When you're done, you should then realize there ain't no Sport in the FJR at all. The big girl can dance ok, but she's still a big girl no matter how you slice it.

Hugs and Kisses back at ya.

This thread is like watching a car wreck....interesting but disturbing at the same time. Purposely mangling your equipment to put on a wide flat tire... :huh:

Next thing you know, you'll be wearing purple robes, getting chemically castrated, and waiting for the comet overhead to take you all home.

Momma told me that there would be some people in the world like this....now I know.

Now, I'll just get back to the sidelines and watch this car wreck burn...just standing a little farther back...it's getting too scary to watch.

Enjoy the Koolaid....

This thread is like watching a car wreck....interesting but disturbing at the same time. Purposely mangling your equipment to put on a wide flat tire... :huh:
Next thing you know, you'll be wearing purple robes, getting chemically castrated, and waiting for the comet overhead to take you all home.

Momma told me that there would be some people in the world like this....now I know.

Now, I'll just get back to the sidelines and watch this car wreck burn...just standing a little farther back...it's getting too scary to watch.

Enjoy the Koolaid....
And Wheatie, your point is exactly......what? Oh Boy, fresh Koolaid!

Enjoy the Koolaid....
Next Wheatie will be telling us how if it didn't come from the factory, you don't need it on your bike! ;)

BTW, the official drink of Darksiders, (as demonstrated at WFO-9), is the Frescarita. And yes, that does contain serious quantities of tequila. :hehe:

"Car Tires for RETARDS!" I still need to get a bunch of stickers printed up with that slogan for all you blasphemers. DougC told me if I printed it, he would display it!

Last edited by a moderator:
"Car Tires for RETARDS!" I still need to get a bunch of stickers printed up with that slogan for all you blasphemers. DougC told me if I printed it, he would display it!
So you'll fit right in then. Man up Skooter, put one on and ride it until it wears out. I double dog dare ya. :****: