Handguns

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish that was me... most of my fishing is limited to fresh water recently.... that's some guy in the Keys hookin one on... B)

Last edited by a moderator:
imaogun600.jpg

diversitybk750.jpg

Sig is good however I dont know of any testing by Sig where upon they can brag about putting over 100,000 rounds through a barrel without a jam.
Fortunate then, that it doesn't take 100,000 rounds before I hit my target. I can usually hit the paper plate in only 10 or 20 thousand. :D
I want to make sure my target is dead....epsecially if its a liberal weenie..........

:yahoo:

NC

Anyone have experience/thoughts on ... the Sig p239?

i bought the sig p239 .40sig last year following a suggestion by 'ocfjr, who posted earlier in this thread...

i had never owed a handgun...and wanted a carry weapon for a tank bag...

the p239 fits in the small marsee tank bag, and is as accurate as i know how to be... i took the florida ccw class (a joke) and florida class 'g' liscence course (learned alot)... i practice frequently at a range and my confidence/accuracy has increased greatly...

i'd suggest nite sights for whatever you decide to get...

dana

Anyone have experience/thoughts on ... the Sig p239?

i bought the sig p239 .40sig last year following a suggestion by 'ocfjr, who posted earlier in this thread...

i had never owed a handgun...and wanted a carry weapon for a tank bag...

the p239 fits in the small marsee tank bag, and is as accurate as i know how to be... i took the florida ccw class (a joke) and florida class 'g' liscence course (learned alot)... i practice frequently at a range and my confidence/accuracy has increased greatly...

i'd suggest nite sights for whatever you decide to get...

dana
I'm a big fan of Sig's. I don't think they make a bad gun. ok, maybe 220 doesn't make sense. Anhyway, +1 on the 239 if you want smaller.

Laser Grips
lg-301.jpg

Why I like a gun with rails. You can attach a light.

ItsHere.gif

GE5111.jpg

No, you're absolutely correct, they want an arm and a freaking leg for them... one that mounts to the rails is MUCH cheaper...

Please, would somebody just kill this goddamned thread!!!!!!!! Or, at least move it to where it belongs. Where the hell are the cops when you need one?! :assassin:

Please, would somebody just kill this goddamned thread!!!!!!!! Or, at least move it to where it belongs. Where the hell are the cops when you need one?! :assassin:
Where might that be??? It is already in the Pointless

Recurring

Thread :lol:

Since I started it, I have no problem with closing it. Thanks for all the good information that will help with my decision. I've been speaking with some of my friends that have a few of these models and I'm gonna try shooting a few of them. Otherwise, just gonna have to get off my lazy ass and drag the wife to the gun shops so we can find what's comfortable in her hand.

You allergic to conversation or something? Don't like it, don't read it... what a concept! Would you rather we started up another thread on "where is the idle adjust knob" instead? I hope to heck they don't close it, cause then I'll have to start another one to talk about the same exact things... :p

Since I started it, I have no problem with closing it. Thanks for all the good information that will help with my decision. I've been speaking with some of my friends that have a few of these models and I'm gonna try shooting a few of them. Otherwise, just gonna have to get off my lazy ass and drag the wife to the gun shops so we can find what's comfortable in her hand.
Randy,

I have found this a really good thread.

Lots of guns I have never had the opportunity to shoot and like to hear what people have to say.

This one guy should have no affect on what we do.

The admins haven't had any objections.

Sounds to me he is just anti-gun.

2nd amendment is still part of our constitution so we should be free to discuss it.

When they remove it entirely then they can tell me to stop discussing firearms...

I like my Springfield XD .40 Compact. It isn'd really built for sport shooting, but it's great for concealed carry. There isn't enough handgrip length to comfortably shoot it for most folks. If you bought it in 9mm (not my preference for self defense, but I still wouldn't want to be shot with one), then it might be good for sport shooting and concealed carry if that's what you're after. Things I like about the XD are:

1 It has a grip safety similar to the 1911 so it won't fire unless the safety in compressed.

2 Trigger safety like the Glock.

3 It's absolutely tough as nails. You will never wear it out and would have to try hard to destroy it.

4 It has a raised "loaded chamber indicator". Might not sound like much, but I find it very comforting if I need to put my hand on it to know without looking that there's one in the chamber and it will go "bang" if I pull the trigger.

5 Ten rounds of .40 cal in a concealable, reliable (most modern guns are), plenty accurate handgun.

Anyway, just thought I'd make the point that it's a great gun and give you the reason's that it's my own current choice. I also own a Sig which I'm pleased with (bought it in '89 and carried it throughout Desert Storm/Shield). Good luck with your choice. As they say, the most important thing is not to bring a knife to a gunfight if what you're looking for is self defense capability.

I just got a SIG P229 factory referb at carters country for $415,,damn good accurate easy feild strip 40 cal.

also recently got the Ruger GP 100 4" 357 revolver. another damn good accurate double locking cylinder gun." this one will be my carry gun."$400 at same place.