HD unveils new engine

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I try and be a little nice and who cares? Guess it's more fun the shake the hornets nest. :rolleyes:
actor, bluffer, bum, bunk, bunko, charlatan, cheat, counterfeit, deception, deke, fabrication, faker, flimflam, forgery, four-flusher, fraud, gold brick, gyp, hoax, imitation, imposition, imposture, junque, make-believe, mountebank, phony, plant, pretender, pretense, pseudo, put on, reproduction, scam, sell, sham, sleight, spoof, swindle, trick

Didn't the guy in your avatar actually hate riding that bike?
Yeah, they road hardtails in the movie. Cool looking choppers, that's about it. Another good biker flick from 1966 is The Wild Angels :)

I think I know this chick!
Chicks don't ride 800+ bikes. At least I haven't seen any in the drivers seat on a Royal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't the guy in your avatar actually hate riding that bike?
Yeah, they road hardtails in the movie. Cool looking choppers, that's about it. Another good biker flick from 1966 is The Wild Angels :)

I think I know this chick!
Chicks don't ride 800+ bikes. At least I haven't seen any in the drivers seat on a Royal.
I know the movie, just didn't like it much and haven't seen it in years. I knew the two guys couldn't stand each other in real life and didn't like riding the bikes...

Get out more I know many girls that ride liter bikes, race them and are actually better than many guys.

Plus every girl on this forum rides a 1300 cc bike :D

I see girls all the time on 1450 cc Harleys...

Woman, largest new market share for H-D. I love it! :D

So tell me whats new with the FJR? Still running the 5 speeds? Don't they have a new dash layout? Of course, we all have heard about the FJR1300AC model. Do they still pull you into the bars with the shield up? Are they HOT buggers still? How about the "ticking" problem, still having problems? Aren’t the seat adjustable now and the rear pegs redesigned? One things for sure, they get pretty good mileage even running fast. Do they have cruise control yet? Can you still get them new for about $11,000. Don't they come with adjustable handlebars now?

Begrüssen Sie Ihren Vorgesetzten

photoGeneralBurkhalter.gif

"Ignore the man behind the curtain... I am the great and all powerful OZ!"

Trojan Horse
Yes but I can't resist hearing what dribble he will say next :dribble:

I have no need to start listing any problems any other motorcycle has ever had as we all know not a single one of them is without...

"Ignore the man behind the curtain... I am the great and all powerful OZ!"

Trojan Horse
Yes but I can't resist hearing what dribble he will say next :dribble:

I have no need to start listing any problems any other motorcycle has ever had as we all know not a single one of them is without...
Maybe it's a guess the real identity contest... kinda like the olde TV show "What's my Line?"....

"Forum participant by day, Cruiser supporter by night... Mystery guest will you sign in please..."

Logged back in.

So tell me whats new with the FJR? Still running the 5 speeds? Don't they have a new dash layout? Of course, we all have heard about the FJR1300AC model. Do they still pull you into the bars with the shield up? Are they HOT buggers still? How about the "ticking" problem, still having problems? Aren’t the seat adjustable now and the rear pegs redesigned? One things for sure, they get pretty good mileage even running fast. Do they have cruise control yet? Can you still get them new for about $11,000. Don't they come with adjustable handlebars now?

Wow. Lotta typin going on here. Do not feed the twit.

Got two e-mails from old friends back in the states this week.

One rode his '57 Panhead rigid frame semi-chop from Asheville NC to Iowa to be at a wedding. Been riding it since 1970. He's in his mid 50s, made the run, had a ball. Thinking of selling his dresser now. Makes a living working on other people's H-Ds. He's got a right to take H-D owners inventories. Doesn't pee on foreign bikes.

My other friend rode his R-bike from Iowa to Deals Gap and back. Had a great time. I havn't caught him looking down his nose at other riders yet.

I am proud to call both of the friends.

I would suggest that, if you are a jerk, it's not at all about what you ride. It's about what's gnawing at your insides.

Have at it junior.

Got two e-mails from old friends back in the states this week.

One rode his '57 Panhead rigid frame semi-chop from Asheville NC to Iowa to be at a wedding. Been riding it since 1970. He's in his mid 50s, made the run, had a ball. Thinking of selling his dresser now. Makes a living working on other people's H-Ds. He's got a right to take H-D owners inventories. Doesn't pee on foreign bikes.

My other friend rode his R-bike from Iowa to Deals Gap and back. Had a great time. I havn't caught him looking down his nose at other riders yet.

I am proud to call both of the friends.

I would suggest that, if you are a jerk, it's not at all about what you ride. It's about what's gnawing at your insides.

Have at it junior.
Wow, that is a feat that not many people can understand much less do. Riding a rigid anywhere for me would mean a week at my chiropractor. Not only a awesome bike but definitely the right owner, congrats to him.

Oh, and sense I haven't ever talked to you before I will take this opportunity to say thanks for what you do for our country. THANKS!!!

Thanks, Sparky.

Can't wait to get home so I can install all this stuff I've been buying for the Feejer. Should be late Sept. Got a lot of great ideas and stuff recommended on the Forum, and I'll hide out in the garage - AFTER the snow falls.

Sparky was my nickname when I was an H-D guy, many moons ago...yet another tale of drunkeness and stupidity. Hope you didn't earn it that way.

Gotta get to bed, mission in the morning.

Ok, for those who are still confused, my contention (based on a lot of little things) is that Captain America is a "created" persona of someone else who posts on here under a different name... for what reasons, I don't know, maybe to shake some people of their Harley bashing mindset, or to do something else, but (to me) it's as plain as day, if you look at the particulars of why/where/how they are posting. The only issue is "who is it"?

My guess is one of the mods, but that's only a guess.

Nope, never posted on Warchilds baby before the other day. BUT, I was banned from FJROnwers last year. :p

Whatever you say GI Joe. :D

Ok, for those who are still confused, my contention (based on a lot of little things) is that Captain America is a "created" persona of someone else who posts on here under a different name... for what reasons, I don't know, maybe to shake some people of their Harley bashing mindset, or to do something else, but (to me) it's as plain as day, if you look at the particulars of why/where/how they are posting. The only issue is "who is it"?
My guess is one of the mods, but that's only a guess.

Well, it ain't me! And I can't see it being one of the other mods either.

Your supposition is intriguing. I am not convinced that is the case, but it did cross my mind. I am betting it's more likely he is an ex-member, perhaps even a previously banned member, returning to bait the naive and gullible.

Regardless, there will be no tears spilled from me when this thread dies a horrible death.

Well, it ain't me! And I can't see it being one of the other mods either.
Your supposition is intriguing. I am not convinced that is the case, but it did cross my mind. I am betting it's more likely he is an ex-member, perhaps even a previously banned member, returning to bait the naive and gullible.

Regardless, there will be no tears spilled from me when this thread dies a horrible death.
At least the H-D bashing has stopped. :glare: