HD unveils new engine

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody see the show “Pinks” on Speed? A 1983 Suzuki GS1100 vs a mighty 2003 Anniversary Edition Harley-Davidson™ VRod™.

The first race went to the Harley-Davidson™ VRod™ as the Suzuki rider was not ready. Second race went to the 20 year old Suzuki GS1100. Third race went to the 20 year old Suzuki GS1100. Final race went to the 20 year old Suzuki GS1100 after allowing the Harley-Davidson™ VRod™ “15 minutes to cool down as the clutch was overheating.” The Suzuki owner remarked, “You should expect that when you own a Harley-Davidson™.”

The last two races involved giving the Harley-Davidson™ VRod™ a couple of bike lengths(handicapping the Suzuki) to try and even out the race.

New owner of Harley-Davidson™ VRod™. He told his wife to “get the For Sale sign ready for that thing!”

Funny how an old Suzuki with 20 year old technology beats up on the best Harley-Davidson™(well not really Harley-Davidson™, but rather Porsche with limitations imposed by Harley-Davidson™) can do. Even the NHRA seriously handicaps the Suzukis to make Pro Stock Bike competitive for the Milwaukee sloths.

Harley-Davidson™, ugh, I have to poop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the old girl.

fjrleftside1153486648.JPG

And now it looks like Harley-Davidson™ is going to have more competition in the cruiser segment as Indian tries to retake the market it once owned...

"Chris-Craft Corp. and sister company Indian Motorcycle Co. will invest $42 million in the Tar Heel State and create a combined 807 new jobs. Thursday's announcement is seen as the official re-launch of Indian Motorcycle Co., a beloved brand that once stole the spotlight from Harley Davidson.

Bought in 2004 by Stellican Ltd., a British private-equity firm and parent of Chris-Craft, Indian Motorcycle plans to re-introduce the Indian Chief motorcycle in the second half of 2007.

It will spend more than $23 million to open its production facility near Kings Mountain. Located in an old International Paper plant, the move will generate 167 jobs that pay an average of $47,000 a year."

That's big money up there. Great snowmobiling too I guess.

That's a very clean motorcycle, ca.
She had to go, couldn't keep her and the new Royal. :( Only got $7,000 for her, but I had 26,000 miles of fun with her. Never had I single problem either. :D

"Chris-Craft Corp. and sister company Indian Motorcycle Co. will invest $42 million in the Tar Heel State and create a combined 807 new jobs. Thursday's announcement is seen as the official re-launch of Indian Motorcycle Co., a beloved brand that once stole the spotlight from Harley Davidson.
Bought in 2004 by Stellican Ltd., a British private-equity firm and parent of Chris-Craft, Indian Motorcycle plans to re-introduce the Indian Chief motorcycle in the second half of 2007.

It will spend more than $23 million to open its production facility near Kings Mountain. Located in an old International Paper plant, the move will generate 167 jobs that pay an average of $47,000 a year."
Good to hear. Can't wait to see what they come up with to compete. I hope it's more technology and less tradition. Polished stainless and aluminum instead of chrome, etc...

Thread Hijack (for the better)

If she's Cherokee she aint from you neck of he woods she's from mine. We got the 4 C's in Bama and I would make #2 I'm part Creek.

Trivia: Who can name the other 2?

Good to hear. Can't wait to see what they come up with to compete. I hope it's more technology and less tradition. Polished stainless and aluminum instead of chrome, etc...
Or a bunch of fake chrome (plastic) like Honda uses. Glad Yamaha uses more "real chrome" on their cruisers.

Or a bunch of fake chrome (plastic) like Honda uses. Glad Yamaha uses more "real chrome" on their cruisers.
chrome sucks, polished aluminum looks better...