I went to the Redwoods and in my luggage I took ....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lay the unused ones across the top of the inside of your luggage. it'll protect the contents from getting wet.
Good thought. I carry a few plastic Wal-Mart (or similar) bags or small kitchen plastic bags for my dirty clothes. It makes it easier to answer the question "Did I wear this yet?"

I'm now sorry I didn't ask this question at Tech Day - honestly I was a little overwhelmed at the portable mechanic's tool shops you guys all seem to carry. Tire repair kit, fuses and sunscreen are what I can cope with ...
So is there a story behind "George the Snoring Master Plugger" that I should know about ... or am I best left innocent ?

Riona
Ask Mary Ellen (MEM), there are pictures around here somewhere from a WCR event a few years ago.
I was there. George was drawing a crowd while plugging away on his knee's in the parking lot.
rolleyes.gif
...and Mary Ellen had a big smile on her face.
ISN'T THAT A RULE 10 BREACH?

Yer a hound, Wheatie
tongue.png

I tried to post a couple of photos (3 times) but every time I clicked on "image", the whole screen greyed - like a giant 'highlight'. (damn, this place is a drag now
sad.png
)
I have the same problem with pictures, I had to use another search engine Firefox.

I'm now sorry I didn't ask this question at Tech Day - honestly I was a little overwhelmed at the portable mechanic's tool shops you guys all seem to carry. Tire repair kit, fuses and sunscreen are what I can cope with ...
So is there a story behind "George the Snoring Master Plugger" that I should know about ... or am I best left innocent ?

Riona
Ask Mary Ellen (MEM), there are pictures around here somewhere from a WCR event a few years ago.
I was there. George was drawing a crowd while plugging away on his knee's in the parking lot.
rolleyes.gif
...and Mary Ellen had a big smile on her face.
T'was hard to perform in front of a big crowd!
tonguesmiley.gif

...lasted a looong time too!

back on topic...all good advice Riona -- AAA & CC are all you need!

--G

bottled Water

Copy of your DL and credit card in case you lose your wallet.

Emergency contact and medical info (ask Sac Mike for nifty free ICE tag so EMT know where to look)

spare key in case you lose or misplace yours. I keep a spare in my wallet

garbage bag (nice to cover seats in case it rains)

I would carry a spare tire plug set, not mushroom style, but string style. You never know when you need it, and if you don't have cell coverage, AAA card won't do any good. Also a cheap Cambell Hausfeld pump. And spare fuses.

Bungee cord and duct tape, just in case you hit a deer and need to limp back with your front all in pieces

And if you do decide to keep a spare key, don't store it under your seat or in your side bags.
wink.png

McCallan single malt
Agreed - but only after KSD.

(though I secretly prefer the Balvenie, Glenmorangie or Lagavulin, I wouldn't turn down a nip of The McCallan after a good long ride ... )

And if you do decide to keep a spare key, don't store it under your seat or in your side bags.
wink.png
Marcus showed me a good spot for the spare key

OK - Here is the list !!

Essentials: phone; camera; credit card; AAA card; plexus cleaner & microfiber cloths

Important:

Tire repair: pressure gauge; 12V air compressor; string type plugs; tools; glue.

Electrical: flashlight; fuses; electrical tape; jumper cables; 110v power strip for hotel use; spare phone charger

Wet weather: Rain gear for me; overnight protection for bike saddle; zip-lock baggies for wallet, camera, phone, ...

Documents: copy of AAA card; copy of DL; copy of registration; copy of insurance; copy of health insurance - all in zip-lock

Personal Care: basic first aid kit; sunscreen; lip balm; ear plugs; disposable gloves; hand cleaning wipes (in Zip-Lock); sheets of TP (in Zip-lock)

Tools: FJR tool-kit; Leather-man; Allen wrenches; knife

Miscellaneous: 6' clear fuel line; zip ties; duct tape; bungee cords; small garbage bags

Nice to have:

A half dozen or so Forum Members to ride with !

OK - Here is the list !!
Essentials: phone; camera; credit card; AAA card; plexus cleaner & microfiber cloths

Important:

Tire repair: pressure gauge; 12V air compressor; string type plugs; tools; glue.

Electrical: flashlight; fuses; electrical tape; jumper cables; 110v power strip for hotel use; spare phone charger

Wet weather: Rain gear for me; overnight protection for bike saddle; zip-lock baggies for wallet, camera, phone, ...

Documents: copy of AAA card; copy of DL; copy of registration; copy of insurance; copy of health insurance - all in zip-lock

Personal Care: basic first aid kit; sunscreen; lip balm; ear plugs; disposable gloves; hand cleaning wipes (in Zip-Lock); sheets of TP (in Zip-lock)

Miscellaneous: 6' clear fuel line; zip ties; duct tape; bungee cords; small garbage bags

Nice to have:

Now I'm seriously considering adding a top box to my rig to increase luggage capacity !

Any thoughts on the Givi V47 on a SR 357 mount ?

Nice to have:A half dozen or so Forum Members to ride with !
You're new here aren't ya?
laugh.png

We breed nice Forum Members in the PNW ... I wouldn't mind having their company (and their abilities to wrench, plug, gaffer tape and otherwise fix stuff ...)

I feel that one of the major benefits of choosing an FJR as my ST machine is the support and friendship of the PNW FJR riders.

Just Sayin' ...

OK - Here is the list !!

Important:

Nice to have:

...you forgot the most important thing ! *sniffle*

--G

We breed nice Forum Members in the PNW ... I wouldn't mind having their company (and their abilities to wrench, plug, gaffer tape and otherwise fix stuff ...)

I feel that one of the major benefits of choosing an FJR as my ST machine is the support and friendship of the PNW FJR riders.

Just Sayin' ...
PNW riders are the best. Sounds like we to organize another Maupin run!

--G

Just Sayin' ...

--G
Maupin is good fun. I'll be there

I went to Crater Lake in and in my luggage rack...

I packed a 1911 and two full mags.

Unless you need to make room for all of the other stuff mentioned.

Just Sayin' ...
--G
Maupin is good fun. I'll be there
I plan on doing Malpin the days before the Reuben Run