Ist Annual Western Canadian Regional Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, ahh... I'm more of a tequila person than a chocolate one. I need some tips. :help: In declining order of preference, please list your favorite varieties/types/brands of chocolate. I'm sure I won't be the only one to benefit from this. (hint, hint) :innocent:
Eric....REAL chocolate, not "milk chocolate", candy bars, Sees Bridge Mix, malted milk, etc.

REAL chocolate has labels that say "72%" or "89%".

Note the Guittard Chocolate in the photo:

BodegaBayLunch7-25-09017.jpg

The "other" stuff is dessert for the group at Bodega.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, so a trip to See's and a bottle of Centenario (or Petron Silver, Cazadores Anejo, Herradura Reposado) with possibly some Sauza Commerativo as back up should get me through the evening w/new & old friends? (check out the 'Custom Mix' on the See's link)

So, ahh... I'm more of a tequila person than a chocolate one. I need some tips. :help: In declining order of preference, please list your favorite varieties/types/brands of chocolate. I'm sure I won't be the only one to benefit from this. (hint, hint) :innocent:
Eric....REAL chocolate, not "milk chocolate", candy bars, Sees Bridge Mix, malted milk, etc.

REAL chocolate has labels that say "72%" or "89%".

Note the Guittard Chocolate in the photo:

The "other" stuff is dessert for the group at Bodega.
The 70ish% is great for me. I'd need lots of tequila to eat the 80+ % stuff! Of course, we could the 80%er for baking - sumthin' ;)

ps - you're absolutely correct on the chocolate posers, mm2 ;)

The 70ish% is great for me. I'd need lots of tequila to eat the 80+ % stuff! Of course, we could the 80%er for baking - sumthin' ;)
Ok, learning in progress. Baking? Got kitchenettes? Hmm, been a while since I baked... got cooking skilz though.

Ok, learning in progress. Baking?... got cooking skilz though.
Oh boy. This is REALLY coming together nicely :D
Chocolate....

Cooking....

What's next, laundry and windows? :glare:

Ok, learning in progress. Baking?... got cooking skilz though.
Oh boy. This is REALLY coming together nicely :D
Chocolate....

Cooking....

I'll be there with the camara, this should be fun.

Come on Barb, where and what? I know when, and oh my a nice boat ride off the north end and another weeks riding to boot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is just to much fun.

Chocolate....
Cooking....

Depends on what ya got to trade big boy. MEM is WAY cuter then you are. :blink: Besides, Barb already has pictures of me cleaning up...

And remember, drunk tipsy MEM/Barb/Tyler = Fun/Happy MEM/Barb/Tyler You do want good pictures memories of the trip, don't you? :yahoo:

MEM is WAY cuter then you are.
Well...you're not blind...

...and it's no contest, I have a mirror.

And remember, drunk tipsy MEM/Barb/Tyler = Fun/Happy MEM/Barb/Tyler You do want good pictures memories of the trip, don't you? :yahoo:
Yes, but 2 of the 3 aren't going to be there.

AND, they're female! In my experience, happiness is fleeting. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but 2 of the 3 aren't going to be there.

AND, they're female! In my experience, happiness is fleeting. :eek:
As long as I have tequilla...

Besides, ride in, have fun, ride home. Fleeting is ok with me. The other kind is still fleeting sometimes and far more expensive. As you well know.

Barb is calling this gig, so I assume you mean MEM and Ty are going to be absent. Mary Ellen! Get thee hither!

As for Tyler, we have several months to talk her into it. Even if she cages it will be good for her.

As for Tyler, we have several months to talk her into it. Even if she cages it will be good for her.
It's under consideration. ;)
You're on the correct coast, you know you'll have fun, you need to see fresh places after your extended wall familiarization event. What more can we say? You might not be able to drink the tequilla, but chocolate shouldn't interfere with any meds.

Hope you can join us up North.

I dunno if this ride will happen.

It's day #1 in Vegas and my "Check Liver" light has just come on......

...........................................................help

:eek:

One foot on the floor Barb. The bed can't spin that way.

Ya gots to pace yourself.

One foot on the floor Barb. The bed can't spin that way.
Ya gots to pace yourself.
It started last night before I left. My g/f's 60th birthday party

Something to do with a some red wine and a whole bottle of tequila.

I was hung over before I got on the plane this morning.

yeeeeeeeeeeeeesh, this is gonna hurt in the morning. I can tell

Oh honey, you can't mix red wine and tequila w/o serious consequences. My Sis did that once too. Find some vitamin C and aspirin as soon as you can and get some water in your self.

I know it seemed like a good idea at the time.... It always does!