Just great...Shoei comes out with a new helmet!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the heads up on the new helmet.

About time they added the built in sun visor. My Schubreth is getting long in the tooth and I have a Shoei head so this helmet is just what I needed. Now where's the dang credit card.

That's beautiful. I really like my Multi-Tech that is four years old mow. It will give the Schuberth some competition.

Nice! I wonder if the sunscreen is dark enough. That's the complaint I hear about most of the lids with built in sunscreen - that its not dark enough.

What I like about it is the pinlock system, built in sun shade, larger eye port, better ventilation (they claim a 270% increase over the multi tech!), and fully removable liner. Sounds like a great replacement and upgrade from the multi tec. There should be reviews out soon by the industry. Stay tuned.

I am glad they finally added the sun visor. That's the feature I have been waiting for.

I have been happy with the HJC Symax II so far, but I have always been a Shoei guy in the past, they have fit my head well.

Now, about that MSRP. :glare:

Don't see any specs on dB level. This is why a value conscious individual like me would consider a Schuberth... they advertise low noise (80 dB I think) at freeway speed.

Although much depends upon what helmet fits right, I would still like to see a comparo of this helmet VS the Nolan N104 VS the Schuberth including noise levels at speed.

I bought a Bilt modular at CycleGear to try a modular and I really like it, but would like to replace it because it is not very good quality (didn't expect much for $99 on sale) and is very loud... much louder than my FF HJC.

I'm on my Second MultiTec and I was told by my buddy at Cycle Gear that an Upgrade was comimg. When I bought my current one he told me that it was going to be Upgraded

and the Pivot Base Plate for the Visor was going to be discontinued. I asked him what the hell I was going to do with a new MultiTec and no Replacement Pivot Assemblies.

He reached in a box and handed me 5 sets for free!! :yahoo: I definitely getting the new one soon. Love the built in Visor and I'm sure you can order a replacement in any shade of Dark that you want.

Now, My Passenger can have her own instead of always wanting to use Mine!! :rolleyes:

I finally found a good comfortable modular, and that's my Multitec. I added the Pinlock shield later, at extra cost, of course, so that alone mostly justifies the higher cost of this one, I'd say. I like the improved ventilation system, and if it's lighter and quieter than the Multitec, that would be great too.

About the only thing I'd rate mine down for is the lack of what they call the "chin curtain" in the Neotec video. My Scorpion Exo900 has that feature (removable) and it makes a huge difference in cold weather. With the Multitec, lots more cold air blows up on my chin and face. I also like the Neotec's breath shield. When I get around to replacing, I'll definitely be looking this way.

Don't see any specs on dB level. This is why a value conscious individual like me would consider a Schuberth... they advertise low noise (80 dB I think) at freeway speed.

Although much depends upon what helmet fits right, I would still like to see a comparo of this helmet VS the Nolan N104 VS the Schuberth including noise levels at speed.
Since I have pre ordered a Nolan N-104 I am still excited about it, and can not wait to get my hands on it!

This looks like a nice helmet for sure But that money is not for me.

The N-104 has all the same features and was a whole lot less money!

I like Nolan Helmets but Love my Schuberth J-1 for summer. Wont be this year, cant ride in that less of a helmet any longer, too high risk for me personally now. Why I went for a N-104 with it's innovative cooling system and it's molded in air dam because of a very bad neck.

I don't see the dollar difference in any of the three helmets and would love to know what makes them so different?

We should see a comparo on them soon.

I finally found a good comfortable modular, and that's my Multitec. I added the Pinlock shield later, at extra cost, of course, so that alone mostly justifies the higher cost of this one, I'd say. I like the improved ventilation system, and if it's lighter and quieter than the Multitec, that would be great too.

About the only thing I'd rate mine down for is the lack of what they call the "chin curtain" in the Neotec video. My Scorpion Exo900 has that feature (removable) and it makes a huge difference in cold weather. With the Multitec, lots more cold air blows up on my chin and face. I also like the Neotec's breath shield. When I get around to replacing, I'll definitely be looking this way.
Both my Multitecs came with a Chin Curtain. :rolleyes:

Both my Multitecs came with a Chin Curtain. :rolleyes:
Hmmmm. Do tell! I bought mine (just barely) used here on the forum, and I don't see anyplace the curtain would snap or velcro in, so I assumed it just wasn't an option. Now I've got to see if I can get one from the manufacturer or a dealer. Good to know, thanks.

BTW, that snap down sun visor is no big benefit IMO. If it's sunny, I'm wearing sunglasses. And if the sun is low and in my eyes, I use the cheapest and best solution--a strip of blue painter's tape across the top edge of the shield. Lasts till I pull it off, leaves no residue, and blocks the sun. A dark visor or sunglasses only reduce the direct sun from being 100 times too bright down to being 75 times too bright. Looks cheap, is cheap, and I don't care. I am cheap. :p