LED H4 replacements (at the risk of being labeled 'search defective')

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^^That 13 is looking a little dirty...
drag.gif
Well, that's because it gets used a lot... over 30,000 miles this year.
punk.gif

Hey... he keeps his lights clean (or maybe they are just new?)
The Kristas are indeed new, but I have had the LR4s for a while.

FYI, it is totally authorized for Endurance riders to clean anything on their bike with a lens on it (lamps, headlights, tail lights, etc), or items crucial for safe operation (mirrors, instrument panel, etc)

But beyond that... one might be guilty of having a "clean bike".....

And we all know what a clean bike is...
weirdsmiley.gif

Been riding with them, I don't really see the beam being narrower. But I also have aux lights on the mirror brackets on a dimmer that spread the love... er... light to the sides. Kept on low they only occasionally piss off oncoming riders.
So far I am happy. Not to burst Audiowize's bubble, but the ADVmonster LEDs were a very poor choice in regard to the position of the LEDs in the bucket.
The ADVmonster LEDs are worse than a poor choice. I finally got on the road at night tonight, and I could barely tell that they were on. They seem to spray some light in a strange upward direction to the sides, and this seemed to really irritate the cars that I was riding next to. (I really needed the beam of the car next to me on the interstate to see where I was going)

I'm going to pick up a $20 pair of H4's at the autoparts store tomorrow, and hopefully I can return these.

Isn't that the issue the Kawalobe(sp) guy had? He was told to reinstall without the shields. According to him, he wasn't happy with the cut-off thinking it would blind other cars. Said he had issues returning them.

IF you do end up taking the shields off, I'd suggest a ride around in the dark to see if the lights are better and if oncoming cars flash you because they're really that bright. The over-bright.part was assumed and not tested. Maybe you'll like them.

I don't think I can put them in without the shields. I'd have to actually cut the shield part off to get them back into the light housing.

The ones reviewed by Kaleria had the shields secured on with small screws. 3 per bulb I think. Probably easy to over-look.

Last edited by a moderator: