Let's go to Arkansas

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RADLZKAR.gif

Current Weather Info

I've just waded through the 23 pages of plans for Arkansas, and wondered if those in the know could post some specifics about which towns, which hotels and which nights in one post. There's a possibility I could swing this and be in the DFW area on the 5th and don't have to be back to the Houston area until the 10th. I know it's probably too late to get rooms in the hotels you have already pre-booked but with some phone numbers I could check that out too. Anyone willing to do a seat of the pants summary of who, what, when, where at this point would be appreciated. :)

Sure thing!

Dates: October 6-8, although some are showing up on the 5th and some are not leaving until the 9th.

Where: Russellville Best Western

Phone: 479.967.1000

Group rate: $50/single king or $57/double queen + taxes, ask for FJR riders group, there may be rooms left.

Bounce has some routes figured out if your interested for the Garmin GPSs. We have not determined a leaving point and time yet from DFW on Friday the 6th, but we are heading to Paris to pick up another rider. Then going north into OK to do the Talimena Parkway into Mena, then up to Russellville.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks fjrchik, those were the details I needed. I'll check back in if it looks as if I can make it to the DFW area on the afternoon of the 5th.

I'm in on the ride to Arkansas! I have reservations at the Best Western arriving on the 6th and leaving on the morning of the 10th. The clerk didn't see any mention of the FJR riders group, but I got the same rate as fjrchik posted above. I got a room with two double queen beds so if we have some folks who decide to ride at the last minute, I got ya covered. I'll arrive in Dallas late afternoon on the 5th, and plan to ride out with that group on the morning of the 6th.

I've been to the Kerrville, Tx. area several times, and am looking forward to exploring some new territory!

Tim

glad to have you with Tim!

hey dfw guys - we were talking this past weekend about meeting up in Plano instead of Grapevine. that way those that live north and east of Grapevine don't have to back-track to meet up. since the goal is to take 75 outta town to 121, 121 to 82, 82 into Paris, we need a meeting place with easy access and some room for us somewhere off of 75. can anyone familiar with that area suggest a gas station or something that would fit our needs? we were thinking of a meeting time of 9:30 am and heading out by 10 am. this will allow traffic to die down a bit from rush hour.

thanks for the help!

Last edited by a moderator:
I rode to work this morning it was 53 degrees!!!! Between 50 and 60 must be about the perfect temps to ride!

Just checking but who all is going to be ready to ride Friday the 6th firt thing in the A.M.?

I think I know for sure is myself and probably at least 2 others, Galaxyblue, FJR1300 and who else?

I keep looking at the temps and smiling! I'm seeing waves of storms predicted each week (typical for this time of year).

Everybody get your prayer beads jiggling (or whatever it is that you jiggle best). This is going to be great!

who all is going to be ready to ride Friday the 6th first thing in the A.M.?I think I know for sure is myself and probably at least 2 others, Galaxyblue, FJR1300 and who else?
I am planning on hooking up with FJR1300 et al. for the ride to Russellville from Sedalia & points enroute on Thursday the 5th. so am up for the Friday morning riding there. Understand leaving Sedalia ~ 9:15 a.m. or so. Is that still correct? Do we need a discussion where we meet others enroute? Ron

Also, someone familar with Plano suggest a motel for me to stay the night of Oct. 5th coming in from Houston. Anything along the freeway will be fine; I don't want to have to wander too far off the road to find a motel. That will allow me to sleep in Friday morning and still meet all of the DFW group at around 9:00am.

I'm really looking forward to this; took the FJR into the shop today for 8,000 mile service and a new rear tire, so should be ready to rock by the time I get to Plano.

Tim

I rode to work this morning it was 53 degrees!!!! Between 50 and 60 must be about the perfect temps to ride!Just checking but who all is going to be ready to ride Friday the 6th firt thing in the A.M.?

I think I know for sure is myself and probably at least 2 others, Galaxyblue, FJR1300 and who else?

I'll meet up with the crew in Plano Friday morning.

FJRayJ

@fjrrider--- I too will be ready to ride Friday morning. I'll be arriving in Russellville Thursday late afternoon.

@RonBB--- I've corresponded with FJR1300 a little and I'm currently planning on meeting up with you guys around the Warsaw area if that works out with the route you guys are taking to meet up with GalaxyBlue in Springfield. It's just around the corner!

@FJR1300, RonBB, GalaxyBlue--- So do we have any defined routes for the trip to Russellville? If so, could you PM or email them to me, as I would like to get them programmed into my GPS unit. If there's no defined routes and we are just deciding as we go.. then that's fine too.

BeardO :)

There is a Shell station, with convenience store, on the southeast corner of Legacy Dr & 75 in Plano.

If you are coming northbound on 75, take the Legacy Dr exit. Go to the stop light and make a right. The Shell station is on the corner, but the entrance is on Legacy.

Tim, there are several hotels along 75 in Richardson, Plano, and Allen. I'll try and get some specific names on the way home tonight.

EricR

Unless someone else has anything better (no one has even stepped to the plate until now), how about we plan on meeting there at 9:30am (as recently set)?

:D Looks like I will be seeing everyone on October 6th.

I found someone to take my assigned four flights on October 7th. All I have to do is the computer work in a couple of days and I'm in like Flint.

Bounce and FJRchik, either way, Grapevine or Plano sounds like a good solution and meeting/start point to me.

All I need is an address to the meeting location (for GPS) and a time and I will be there with trusty camera.

If we are going to meet at a gas station, I hope they have a decent size parking area as it sounds like there will be more than a few FJR's there?

Looking forward to this "group ride", placing faces with the "handles" and getting to know you all.

Instead of the usual m.o. "Lone Ranger" this might be better described as "Little Rascals/Spanky and the gang".