Members Pets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks folks... It's kind of strange how tough this is considering this pup never even made it into our home.

I should add, the Vet didn't take a dime of the quoted $1000 bill due to the circumstances.

We currently have 1 cat and 3 dogs under our roof.

All are rescues.

One of the dogs is a foster dog and is available for adoption.

His info and picture can be found here;

https://mysheltie.com/joomla/index.php/available-for-adoption/118-riley

His name is Riley and the pictures were taken his first day out of a puppy mill which was shut down.

He looks much happier now after spending 3 weeks with us.

If anyone is interested I can email some newer pictures.

Thanks for looking.

Thanks folks... It's kind of strange how tough this is considering this pup never even made it into our home.

I should add, the Vet didn't take a dime of the quoted $1000 bill due to the circumstances.
ScottyUSN - I'm so sorry for you and your family. Dear little pet.

Axle was so lucky that he didn't die an agonizing death on the side of the road. You at least made him comfortable.

Anyone who shares his / her life with a four-footed companion likely has seen this. It bears repeating:

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Send me a PM with the vet's name and address. I'd like to send him/her a few bucks

...nothing much, just a card saying "thanks for caring".

Awww.. This thread is just so nice.. You guys miss the maytag and culligan man don't ya?
not as much as your momma misses them!

:****:

IMG_0437_marked-up.JPG

The wife's cat (the mean one) is out of frame.

Send me a PM with the vet's name and address. I'd like to send him/her a few bucks

...nothing much, just a card saying "thanks for caring".
PM sent

So, the wife and kids have to have cats.

Wife passed away, kids are grown. Who gets stuck with old cat and her older mother?

31360_125741387444971_100000273317223_250752_4784323_n.jpg

This is old mother, "Tiger". She has to be at least 13.

So, the wife and kids have to have cats.

Wife passed away, kids are grown. Who gets stuck with old cat and her older mother?

31360_125741387444971_100000273317223_250752_4784323_n.jpg

This is old mother, "Tiger". She has to be at least 13.
Um....dude.... good news and bad news.

The good news is: 13 ain't old for a cat; the bad more good news is: 13 ain't old for a cat :p

She's beautiful !!

this was taken this afternoon, from the left is Megan, Dai and Sasha

IMG_6556.jpg

the newest addition to the household is little Jack.

jack.jpg

he's come to take the place of Dai who's coming up to 9 years old and will be retiring from competition in a year or two's time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cukupvLihbQ

I've also got a couple of these as well :blink:

bee3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Murray is my latest foster doggie from the Looziana Basset Rescue

He's an 8 yr old basset I picked up last Wed (Dec 15th) and there's already a great family in Connecticut who wants him (they already adopted a LBR dog previously).

Great dog...I honestly don't have any quibbles to report about Murray

Here's more pics:

5274472954_91fc870466_b.jpg

Part of the menagerie here..

39433_176055749082016_100000327756294_453788_3447212_n.jpg

It's damn near impossible to lay on the couch without one of them worming their way up. :lol: