Mini-Rant from Reno ..... suggetsions moving forward?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just look at his selling photo than look at the pipes Reno J received.

Switch and bait sell tactics. there is no way that those pipes are the same.

I say make the trip and kick his ass or your money back

Now that is FAIR

Seems pretty dickedly. I'd use eBay since they have a policy on sales that allows for recourse. I used it once and it worked reasonably well as the seller had a high rating, was motivated to keep it, made things right, and I was happy in the end. YRMV.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you paid with PayPal I'd file the complaint there first. I got my money back on a gps that didn't work and the seller gave me an 'oh well'. They appear to be very good at protecting their customers from the slimeballs.

If you paid with PayPal I'd file the complaint there first. I got my money back on a gps that didn't work and the seller gave me an 'oh well'. They appear to be very good at protecting their customers from the slimeballs.
And make him pay for the return shipping.

In case you missed my comments on the other thread, please submit a comment about him to ebay so other purchasers know to keep away from this seller.

If someone else had done so it might have warned you and let Skooter have all the fun.

Certainly the cans look to be a lot worse than the description you posted implied.

One of big beefs that sellers have with Paypal is that it is too easy to contest a sale and they keep getting stung for the purchase - so there's that.

Unfortunately Paypal will not protect you for your shipping charges in EITHER direction, but it really IS that easy to contest the purchase - you DO have to issue a written demand for a refund first and have him either ignore or refuse you compensation.

However, if you funded the purchase with your credit card you can alternatively file your complaint with them - that way you'll get ALL of your money back, including the shipping charges. Then you can tell the seller that his pipes will be available for collection or he can send you a money order to cover the cost of return shipping.

File a dispute with pay pal and see what happens, at the very minimum his account will be frozen for a while.
R
I'd have to agree, but I'd tell him what you are gonna do first and see if he comes around with a refund

I get nervous or notice when newbies obviously join only to sell their wares

There's a guy that in 10 threads, he was selling 10 items all with 15 posts

I have to go check what this guys selling record is

did you pay with credit card...put a dispute in there also

I believe he should refund the $388, get the merchandise back at your expense and you pay the original shipping

I personally would be OK with that...get your $388 and eat $40

...... please submit a comment about him to ebay so other purchasers know to keep away from this seller.
If someone else had done so it might have warned you and let Skooter have all the fun.
LOL ahahhahahahahah

Now that is some funny shit maynard. 2nd best laugh of the day, and I've had a few good ones

[SIZE=18pt][/SIZE]

OK

Thanks for all the great advice and such everyones

I have sent a few notes to the seller, through the ebay channels. Only one of which he has replied to -the first one. In his reply he closed with "Good luck in the future"

I have given him two written options to make good on this, and left the door open for his own thoughts to remedy the issue. I have also set a time-line. We know he's been floating around the forum recently, hence on-line. -So I have no doubt he's in receipt of my messages, but is being non-responsive.

Once that time-line happens all go through all the paypal and Ebay hoops as well as any other legal, ethical and fun alternatives that I can think of.

Just as the spirit of MadMike's post, this will end fun. Whether it takes an hour or a lifetime, this will finish on a positive and fun note, trust me when I tell you this. Even an event like this can't compete with the funnerest thing on planet earth: riding moto-bikes.

It's a crying ass shame that you got flocked RJ.

When someone from this forum posts something for sale here you can generally expect a good experience.

I've bought and sold here many times with no problems.

Why didn't this clown post these pipes here for sale before he put them on flea-bay? Sounds like you have some recourse here RJ.

But Dare devil or whatever your name is dude the words out on you and you won't be making any more money here Jack.

This shit steams me almost as much as if I'd been the one screwed. Hope you can resolve it John.

If you go see this guy we expect a full ride report from you including Pics.

...I get nervous or notice when newbies obviously join only to sell their waresThere's a guy that in 10 threads, he was selling 10 items all with 15 posts
I got lots o'posts -- but, R J won't buy anything from me (if I had something to sell...) :(

LOL, you that this guy a two peas-in-a-pod. remind me not to buy anything from you, ...luv ya dude, but I won't be buying anything from ya :)

I certainly don't get it...he has 700+ transactions with perfect 100% approvalhe must be doing something right before this mess

I hope he comes around
Ya, ..it is interesting and that is what gave me the comfort level. Not to mention he was responsive, appeared to be forthcoming .....

then once the exhaust landed, it went sideways. Then ski-bum uncovered stuff on his bike ....Uhhh, which he posted right AFTER the exhaust sold.

I too hope he comes around, the door is open, if not we'll get creative and have some fun, we're going to make this event a positive one.

Once that time-line happens all go through all the paypal and Ebay hoops as well as any other legal, ethical and fun alternatives that I can think of.
Just as the spirit of MadMike's post, this will end fun. Whether it takes an hour or a lifetime, this will finish on a positive and fun note, trust me when I tell you this. Even an event like this can't compete with the funnerest thing on planet earth: riding moto-bikes.
Go ahead....make his day!

The problem with some people is that they rarely meet a dinosaur like RenoJohn (and madmike) who do their best to sow good seed (living honest and forthright lives based on moral principles when dealing with others) and will also go to the ends of the earth seeking retribution against those who purposely mislead and take advantage of us in a given situation.

It reminds me of Dave Carroll, who made the youtube video

after a United employee told him, "Good luck with that?"
One assumes you have daredevildoo's proper name and address........ :huh:

Go ahead....make his day!

The problem with some people is that they rarely meet a dinosaur like RenoJohn (and madmike) who do their best to sow good seed (living honest and forthright lives based on moral principles when dealing with others) and will also go to the ends of the earth seeking retribution against those who purposely mislead and take advantage of us in a given situation.

It reminds me of Dave Carroll, who made the youtube video

you nailed it MadMike ......Dinasours we are. It aint the money as much as the deception and now non-responsiveness. And I got to admit the "Good luck in the future" comment rubbed me wrong.

and yes, thanks to our friend google and some friends in Portland, I got much more than an address.

The problem with some people is that they rarely meet a dinosaur like RenoJohn (and madmike) who do their best to sow good seed (living honest and forthright lives based on moral principles when dealing with others)
I guess I didn't make the cut... :unsure: :(

Still..., at $388 (that's $711 less than full retail $1099) -- that'd be a sceaming deal -- if you wanted them (as is)?

It does appear that the pix are hugely different...

I guess, in the mart of human commerce, that the deal has not been consummated -- that requires both a satisfied buyer as well as seller. :unsure:

Someone may want them for that price -- $388 sounds too good to be true (good used parts often run 50% ~ 60% of new).

The problem with some people is that they rarely meet a dinosaur like RenoJohn (and madmike) who do their best to sow good seed (living honest and forthright lives based on moral principles when dealing with others)

Still..., at $388 (that's $711 less than full retail $1099) -- that'd be a sceaming deal -- if you wanted them (as is)?

I guess, in the mart of human commerce, that the deal has not been consummated -- that requires both a satisfied buyer as well as seller. :unsure:

Someone may want them for that price -- $388 sounds too good to be true (good used parts often run 50% ~ 60% of new).
You are certainly welcome to put your money where your mouth is ......I'll ship 'em to you first thing Monday morning.

remember, missing a clamp, no restrictors and damaged.

One assumes you're not daily doing your best to deceive others, at least as a normal course of living. From other posts of yours I wouldn't draw that conclusion so I suspect you are simply providing an alternative viewpoint: "If it seems to good to be true, it probably is!"

However, a quote from the article posted by the seller:

"The left side has cosmetic scratches from a low speed lay down and the right has marks just from handling in the garage. You have to look close to see these imperfections, but I feel they must be noted".

That certainly sounds like something that could be buffed out or, at least ignored. The pictures John posted are of crashed mufflers.

I have a left OEM muffler that has "slight scratches" from a slow low-side (front washed out on some water) and it's nothing like Johns pictures.

IMO, the seller was not simply vague, but misleading as to the true extent of the damage to the mufflers. It's obvious that he didn't post photos of the damages but instead used pictures "pre-accident".

Of course, I'm no lawyer and it may well depend on what your definition of "is" is.

John - I'm really sorry you had this happen. This sucks so bad. Of course what he wrote is open to HIS interpretation. I've learned from this same type of deal to ask for pix of said area of interest. This is pathetic. Thank you so much for posting what this member did. We can all use caution if he ever sells anything again. All transactions I've had with others on this forum has been excellent. Doesn't mean all will be that way.

One thing I look for when buying from someone on the forum is how long they've been here and how many posts. The longer they've been here and many posts helps me decide if I can trust them. I wanted to buy some used Pazzo levers on this forum for $125 from a guy. He wanted NO Paypal, only cashiers check, and he was brand new, like 5 posts, I never bought them. Ebay is another story especially when they are new to the forum.

Another red flag to me on the forum is a guy with 7 posts and all for selling stuff, except his intro.

I also always!!! Buy my items on ebay via Credit Card, why…. Because my CC company does an excellent job of fighting for me.

I once bought a USED 1996 Duc fuel tank on ebay. I specifically asked the guy, flat out, "Is there ANY RUST?" The reply was, "No". I won the tank, received it with the tank completely swamped in 1/4 inch thick rust exfoliating goo all over the interior. Like your situation, I could not believe it. After going thru ebay BS of complaining, by the way, this clown knew how to use the system and did it well. He accused me of all sorts of BS. I got cold feet with Paypal/ebay and called my CC company they suspended the amount, investigated it, and sent me a letter a few weeks later saying, they credited me the cost and to ship the tank back to the :asshat: . When communicating with the guy he was suddenly so kind and wanting to help get his tank back. Before that it was F U Liar, you bought it, you eat it! BTW - As soon as he signed for receiving the tank, it was back on ebay.

Thank God I haven't had any issues since but this was about a 2 to 3 month ordeal overall. I really give credit to my CC company for helping me, the consumer.

This totally sucks!

Good luck John in resolving this.

If you can't get your money back, I may be able to help. Awhile back I crashed my fjr and banged my Muzzy can up pretty bad. I brought it to Yoshimura ( local to me) and they made them look like new - except for the Yosh emblem that I let them put on.

I will call them mon. and let you know.

I tried to PM you but it didn't work.

John - I'm really sorry you had this happen. Of course what he wrote is open to HIS interpretation.
Good points on all, and yep. I think he worded things to be deceptive, just like in the bike sale. I did not expect these to be stellar, and he was forthcoming in the question I sent hiim before the sale. His ebay record is what gave me the comfort level.

all the rest I agree on, much I did. This all is going to finish positive, I promise you that.

If you can't get your money back, I may be able to help. Awhile back I crashed my fjr and banged my Muzzy can up pretty bad. I brought it to Yoshimura ( local to me) and they made them look like new - except for the Yosh emblem that I let them put on.I will call them mon. and let you know.

I tried to PM you but it didn't work.
Interesting your thoughts, I poked around a bit today to see what is involved with helping out 604Stainless Steel. I don't *think* one can have the luck you mention with the condition of these, but I'm certainly open to all suggestions. As i told the seller, the scratches were expected, because he stated as much. The scrapes are not, and certainly not the dents.

...Ya let me know. You are welcome to email me, email is in my profile, I'm not PM enabled. thanks!