MOST EXPENSIVE BULB EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess it's not gonna run off 12v. Nice, can't wait to go shopping for my next set of bulbs. Not sure if the wife will let me get the model option though w/o adding 175 grains to my bodyweight. :dribble:

Last edited by a moderator:
That is one expensive bulb!

But at least it came with ALL the attaching hardware. (Like the whole bike.)

Sweet!

I actually *tried* to trade in the Blackbird for it (since that are essentially the same platform), but I didn't even make it 5 miles towards the dealership before it was waaaaay apparent this was a bad idea. The Blackbird has to stay. It's part of my soul.

And there is no way, no how I am giving up the FJR.

Didn't leave much choice... the R1 is the only bike with a outstanding loan on it, so.... that was that.

why the Busa over the already farkled and personalized R1?
You know, I can't really answer that. The R1 was so very, VERY cool, and the body lines are to die for. Yet..... this Gen II Heavy Bus has its own siren song for me. If it had been that gay-ass orange/black color, I might have walked right by it. Maybe. But not this gorgeous black/dark gray. Definitely a Warchild-like color scheme. ;)

Did you trade the R1 in as fully farkled, or are their aftermarket cans, wheels and other niceties now for sale on the R1 forum?
I actually have to go back to Desert Valley Powersports this evening to rip off all the farkles and return it to stock. The Carrozzeria wheels went back a long time ago (plating issues). So tonight, I just have to remove/replace the Pazzo levers, Wilbers steering damper, FJRGoodies Bar End Weights, R&G sliders, ABM rotors, etc.

Won't that also take the place of the Blackbird?
It should.... but apparently, it's not going to.....

Do you plan on Rallying the Busa ?
It makes little sense to do so... the XX is fully decked out for this tasking.

Too, the Busa has some ergo issues to be worked out.... the reach to the bars is just too long. Not horrendously so, but... the arms are almost locked straight during normal riding. I'm praying Heli-Bars comes through for me.

Another rather significant issue (for me) is the stock footpeg height. Holy crap, these damn things are high. Really high. R1-like high. Makes me wonder about the accuracy of the stated 31.7" seat height. That's about the same as the Blackbird, but I am flat-footing this Busa considerably more than the XX. Okay, the knees aren't quite in my chest during my normal riding stance, it's not too far from it. Need to look into this some more.

Damn, this motor is like glass. Not quite as creamy-smooth as the Blackbird's inline-4, but very, VERY close. Riding the FJR back-to-back with the 'Busa, the vibes on the FJR seem more pronounced than what was noticed previously. Not a knock on the FJR; this is a compliment to what the Suzuki engineers have accomplished. 1340cc's is a big, big motor... a reported 179 horses at the crank. Yowser.

PhotoID10540.jpg

First farkle...........

Sweet, I love that color!

IMG_4759Large.jpg

I'd be so afraid on that thing. I'm scared to death on my FZ1, and that's nothin....

Does this mean there will be no suspension group but ?? :rolleyes: If that is what you get with a bulb I can't wait to see what is offered with a complete suspension upgrade.

Canadian FJR

Dale, your a punk ass bastard.

She's a real beauty! If I could, I'd have one in the garage too. I'll be interested to know what think of it after doing a long day. You know, like 1000 miles or so.

Maybe I could justify turning it into my LD bike....

There's something about someone picking up a 'busa as an impulse buy that makes me very happy. It's a sign that all is right with the world after all.

Congrats! But be careful next time you have to change a light bulb at home. You might end up with a lake cabin.

bulb vs 'busa - No contest ! It's good knowing someone who knows how to use one properly ! Enjoy that bad ass bike !

Nice Veterans weekend gift to yourself - Who deserves it more ? Nada, no one

Congratulations on the new accessory that came with the light bulb...by the way what is the insurance on that thing and do you have a lawyer on retainer to handle the performance awards that the local constable will be decorating you with?

Have fun and be careful, we need your mechanical expertise in this neck of the woods for many years to come.

Congratulations on the new accessory that came with the light bulb...by the way what is the insurance on that thing
Er.... I haven't found out yet. Sorta afraid to ask. Guess I should do that tomorrow.... :huh: