Motoport testimonial (aka Hudson fall down, go boom.)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you are OK, makes me think hard about upping my Gear Game, looked at Klim this morning.
Big John, I had a long talk with folks about the KLIM gear. It's no less expensive than standard motoport, and the construction quality, stitching, and armor, is not up to Motport standards. You're into KLIM gear about $1500 for the stuff that will make a difference, and its far less impressive than motoport. I have a pair of Klim pants that I reserve for off-road use, that's it. If you're spending that type of money, I'd look away from KLIM

Wow!!!! I'm glad your ok and really impressed at how your gear held up. What kind of gloves are those? Heal up quick.
Gloves were Motoport, the summer race gloves. I've used Held Gloves too.

Happy to hear you OK....thanks for the informative post.....take care
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad we are talking about bike damage and minor abrasions. Could have been much worse considering the location and speed of the incident. Glad you were prepared my friend.

I would love to check the ambulance drivers cell phone also. I bellieve the PD can do that. They aren't any different than all the other twits with it glued to there fingers.

I hate cell phones. Got rid of mine a year ago and haven't looked back.

Dave

Came back over I-90 myself Mon. around 1300 was fair amount of traffic. Really a downer to see your post, very happy you are in one piece and functioning well. Grieving about your new ride also but we need to enjoy stuff while we are here.

Awesome testimonial. Too bad there wasn't a way to share it with all who ride. Especially the ones that need to see it. Too bad about the bike, but that can be replaced.

I will allow one shot of the bike which helps me appreciate what happened. You're looking at the front wheel, which is cast magnesium. Notice the massive bent section next to the caliper. Yep, the object that hit me did so hard enough to bend the rim, not just blow the tire.

WP_20150616_12_32_28_Pro.jpg

Great story and pictures. We are all thankful for your "safe" mishap. Especially thankful that road debris did not elevate any higher. Your gear would not have mattered if that object hit you square.You are not magnesium or titanium like the bike and that did not even hold up to that kind of impact. Heal up. Thank you for posting this to the board for the learning opportunity.

Next time you want some attention, just post up... you don't need to go to such great lengths... we love ya just the way you are... :wub:

P.S. Really glad that you came out mostly unscathed... and yeah, have that driver's cell phone checked!

"Without this stuff, I'd be picking rocks out of my skin and possibly setting a bone or two in place."

I went down at about 45mph hour wearing Levi's years and years ago on a freeway off-ramp (coolant on road and I was leaned over pretty good). After being debrided (google that if your not squeamish) I still had rocks popping out of my hips/ass 2 years later. I'd be in the shower and hear.. <plink> and theirs a piece of gravel.

I am so glad that you were wearing a good helmet that ended up saving that beautiful face of yours. You know, that is the reason that we keep you around, right?

Really though, I am glad that you are ok. I know what happens when things don't go so well. I will definately be sharing your pictures and description with a few friends for gear educational purposes.

I have "pretty good" gear, but know that when able, I want to step up my gear game. Thank you for posting great pics and giving great descriptions in an effort to educate. Heal up quick and take it easy. You know the drill.

Carl

I will allow one shot of the bike which helps me appreciate what happened. You're looking at the front wheel, which is cast magnesium. Notice the massive bent section next to the caliper. Yep, the object that hit me did so hard enough to bend the rim, not just blow the tire.
WP_20150616_12_32_28_Pro.jpg
I can see where that impact must have really done shit to any steering control. Again I am glad your still alive and well.

Looks like the bent wheel locked up when it hit the caliper and that is what caused you to go down. Had it kept spinning, I think you had a fighting chance to stay upright.

Jeez Hudson .. lucky, lucky lucky .. in so many ways. Glad you're OK, and a great testimonial to Motoport. -- which I don't own. Hope I never have to test my gear like that !

I'm glad it worked out as well as it did, as it could have gone a lot worse if it hit you instead of the tire. Count your blessings Hud!

The minute I saw the topic, I said to myself, hope he's ok and secondly hoping that you weren't on your MV. I see I'm running at 50%. Damn, but glad your gear worked and you're in relatively good shape.

Glad to hear you're OK Hudson...the bike can be replaced. Thank goodness for the Motoport gear or things would have turned out differently.

Heal quickly my friend.

--G