My 2013 FJR has arrived.....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Freaking replying on a phone. My phone showed it NEVER going through. Sometimes technology really SUCKS!

Nice post-deletion, Dorkboi! :p

Y'know, GranmaHowie always said "it's a poor workman who always blames his tools!" :finger:

Nice post-deletion, Dorkboi!
tongue.png

Y'know, GranmaHowie always said "it's a poor workman who always blames his tools!"
finger.gif

Sounds like GranmaHowie was a wise woman. So tell me, did she have a proverb about the idiocy of marrying the same woman twice and exptecing a different result???
finger.gif
finger.gif
finger.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
SkooterG said:
Ohhhhh..... Fairlaner! That reply gave me a woody!Ohhhhh..... Fairlaner! That reply gave me a woody!Ohhhhh..... Fairlaner! That reply gave me a woody!Ohhhhh..... Fairlaner! That reply gave me a woody!
Ohhhhh..... Fairlaner! That reply gave me a woody!Ohhhhh..... Fairlaner! That reply gave me a woody!Ohhhhh..... Fairlaner! That reply gave me a woody!Ohhhhh..... Fairlaner! That reply gave me a woody!
...apparently
Scott, it is just another day in the Life and Times of the Fairlaner and SkooterG Bromance!!!

OK boys lets be VERY clear on this point.....the only legit service manual comes with a blue and white cover and the printer will be printing them real soon (if they haven't already) and you can order one from any Yamaha dealer...

My service manual is one that i got from a dealer who felt that they would not need it and i bought it from them thru e-bay.

It is my understanding that the PDF versions are NOT legit and we DO NOT speak of them here.

Hows that Matt?

R
No worries. Called my dealer. If they have the paper one it's mine for $50. They use the DVDs. Or, I can order paper, DVD, whatever. Like I'll ever use that thing! Fairlaner via Facetime will be waaay more helpful!

Congratulations Petey, SkooterG owes me $20! I had lunch with El Pendejo Grande today in Maricopa, AZ and I bet him you'd be the very next Olde Farte to buy a 2013 FJR!

Congratulations, great looking bike. 12/12/12 must be your lucky day.

Hey Richard ...... good to meet you at the Long Beach show on Sat. I'm the guy who was picking up #56 later that afternoon.

Got it and it's great. Thanks for all the tips and insights you provided when we talked. One question, is there any posts or other info showing how to remove the dash panels?

I'm installing my GPS and just wanting to see the easiest way to get underneath.

Hi Mike you shouldn't need to take the dash panels off to install a GPS.....we are having a tech day up here in Torrance on the 22nd you are welcome to come up and meet everyone.

R

Thanks Richard ... I'd like to attend, how do I get details?

I need to connect the power source for the GPS which is why I need the panels removed.