NAFO 1K and 1.5K RIDES!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beeroux

Reaction score
( edited 2-6-08 )

Good Peeps,

I'm psyched to announce that I have devised a very challenging yet F-F-FUN Saddle Sore entirely within Colorado! Riders will see every single awesome road of the technical kind and some of the best scenery. The route has two endings, one with more sweepers, the other a super fast way home if your arms can't take any more.<G>

Come and participate in the Bestest and Greatest WFO/ NAFO yet, and get your Boogie on in the funkiest way possible with your clothes still on.

That Disco Ball in the sky shines just for you.

Beeroux

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in!

No cert wait, and you can be like my hero Rogue!

Just hang out at the Denny's around the block until less than 60 seconds exist to 24 hours!

This is a GREAT way to keep Beeroux up ALL night wearing out his worry beads... :rolleyes:

EDIT - wrong procrastinator in original post...

Good Peeps,
That Disco Ball in the sky shines just for you.

Beeroux
I'm thinking you may need to spend a bit more time at lower altitudes before your remaining brain cells die of O2 starvation :) . That said, I'm probably in.

Hmmm. Sounds like something worth paying attention to. Will this be the "All Colorado" type of event? (gotta go for that special in-state pin, ya know?)

Dittos on the pin.

CO-1000-PIN.jpg

I'm in!

Watched FJR_Pig and beerme return from their Saddle Sore last year in Park City. Knew I missed out on some fun while listening to them recount their journey.

Ain't gonna be a spectator this year.

I'm in!
Watched FJRPig and that other fella (sorry, can't remember your name "other fella") return from their Saddle Sore last year in Park City. Knew I missed out on some fun while listening to them recount their journey.
Hmm, I've been on the fence over this whole trip because of some other commitments and some unknowns with my back, but ahhhh hell, I'll find a way to make it and I certainly have to hold beerme's hand on the SS1K if he's doing it. Sign me up! :good:

Dang, only 7 replies so far? My Candy Butt Association membership must holding fast and true to core beliefs... :unsure: :rolleyes:

...so, how come the CBA kitty is broke then?

Come on all ya doiley knitting grannies, get on this ride! :yahoo:

...I'll find a way to make it and I certainly have to hold beerme's hand on the SS1K if he's doing it.
Whoa whoa whoa! I'm not so sure about the whole hand-holding thing. That might look a little George Adam Yellow.

:fie: I do hope you can make it though.

As long as it doesn't interefere with food festivities, I'll give one of the rides a go on my stock saddle. Can I decide when I get there based on the amount of monkeybutt? :dribble:

Hmmmm..I was already planning on doing a BBG 1500 on the way out to NAFO. I will have to keep an eye on this thread to see if I want to either change my plans for the ride out, or try to string a BBG and another ride back to back.

What day(s) is the SS1000 going to happen? I just got a Russell day long that needs to be tested. I'm pretty sure my wife doesn't want to do this ride and I don't want to abandon her for most of NAFO, but I have been thinking about doing a SS1000 on the new bike this summer some time.

John

What day(s) is the SS1000 going to happen? I just got a Russell day long that needs to be tested. I'm pretty sure my wife doesn't want to do this ride and I don't want to abandon her for most of NAFO, but I have been thinking about doing a SS1000 on the new bike this summer some time.
John

Historically, the IB rides happen on Friday of the event. Early AM departure, and usually late PM return. Or, perhaps an early AM return. Depends upon a lot of factors.

Kaitsdad is correct.

The rides will start early am friday, and most of you will be missing dinner.

As we did last year, a portion of your rally fee ( fridays dinner cost ) will pay for your certificate package from the IBA.

So just sign up for NAFO, pay your rally fee, then get your butt in shape for some of the best riding you will ever do.

And just like last year, the rides will be entirely within CO and successful riders will earn the IBA's Colorado pin.

This is going to be kick-ass, I guarantee!

GZ

Skeered of what?

Everybody always has a ball doing these, even for their first time.

Quoting Churchill: You have nothing to fear except the keg running dry.

GZ

OK Wheaton, if you are going to do the SS1K, them I will Nutt-up, and take on the SS1K on Friday with you.

That will be after a days rest of going for a BBG on the way out on Wednesday.

if I can do 2500 miles in 3 days, you can handle the SS1k on Friday.