NAFO 1K and 1.5K RIDES!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When will the meeting on Thursday be to learn the route, etc.

What is the start time on Friday morning?

Just trying to plan so I can make this meeting.

I respect your decision FJR_pig, as I have been struggling with the same choice, but I'm still going to give the SS1K a try. Ten days ago I had a low speed tip-over (my dumb-ass fault) and although I continued on my trip, after four days I finally came home to heal up. Damage was from trying to hold a top-heavy, overloaded bike up. Only a couple small scrapes on the right bag, right can and the slider. My damage included a sprained right thumb, upper back pain, right knee sprain with bad swelling and ripped muscles in my lower back. Already had a bad back and feared more spinal problems, but the doc I saw said I'm no worse. But getting older sucks, and healing takes longer. So I've taken almost two weeks to heal up and I'm feeling better, but still sore in the lower back -- I'm going to resume my (shortened) vacation ride Sunday, and try the SS1K in Golden.
I feel your pain....actually my pain, as I did one of those ho-hum, dumbass, top heavy, overloaded maneuvers a couple of weeks back. Similar injuries, not to mention to my ego/dignity, but I was on the gravel road between Dawson City, Yukon and Chicken Alaska when the bike, for no reason at all, threw me on the ground and laid on it's side, refusing to go on. I guess we were both a bit tired. So I had to limp back to Denver, cursing all the way about my inneptitude and bad luck. Needless to say, it was a very long ride back home. I'm still in the healing process, but a daily dose of snake bite poison and ibuprophen are helping a great deal. That won't fix the scuffs on my bike though. I think I'll keep it as is for a reminder "Stay away from berms, stupid!"

I have some PHOTOS HERE, not of the scene of the accident...just bears and other stuff that can get one into trouble.

I do plan on subjecting myself to further pain and misery via the SS1K though. Hey, I'm a virgin! I'll be the one running a car tire on the back wheel :blink:

On thursday evening, right after registration closes, we will meet in the registration room.

Rally Packs go out in a few days, and sign-ups end tomorrow.

Get ready to make a towel for somebody.

LOL!

GZ

<snip>I did one of those ho-hum, dumbass, top heavy, overloaded maneuvers a couple of weeks back. <snip>

I do plan on subjecting myself to further pain and misery via the SS1K though. Hey, I'm a virgin! I'll be the one running a car tire on the back wheel :blink:
A) Stop that falling down stuff! We told you it sucked! :rolleyes:

I was going to ask where you found a car tire to fit the FJR, then I noticed that you're riding one of those sissy weestroms, so never mind. ;) As to the scratches, wees are supposed to look that way. Remember, a clean bike is a gay bike. :yahoo:

<snip>I did one of those ho-hum, dumbass, top heavy, overloaded maneuvers a couple of weeks back. <snip>

I was going to ask where you found a car tire to fit the FJR, then I noticed that you're riding one of those sissy weestroms, so never mind. ;) As to the scratches, wees are supposed to look that way. Remember, a clean bike is a gay bike. :yahoo:
Wrong, Bucko! I'm taking the gigantic Barcalounger. If I need a nap, I can just lay on the Wing-o-Baggo. And the Strom is not one of those sissy Wee wannabees. It's the fire breathin' lumpy one liter version. Wee's BIG BRO, VEE.

I know from experience the falling down thing sucks. The more one does it, the more it sucks. I think it's an age thing :unsure:

I'm hoping the old Silver Streak will show up, under its new ownership. I miss it.

I'm on the road come Saturday.
Heading out to Colorado Friday, will be in Golden, Thursday in the early afternoon!
Hey, this NAFO meeting is happening soon! I better get going. My plan: open the garage door, put on my gear, turn on the ignition, get on the bike, go down to the end of my street and make a left, make another left in 1 block, and ride 3 blocks to the Hotel. Turn off the ignition. Bitch about the exhausting ride, go into the hotel and meet everyone.

Whew, it's tough, but I'll survive.

Ron (even closer than bvail)

I'm on the road come Saturday.
Heading out to Colorado Friday, will be in Golden, Thursday in the early afternoon!
Hey, this NAFO meeting is happening soon! I better get going. My plan: open the garage door, put on my gear, turn on the ignition, get on the bike, go down to the end of my street and make a left, make another left in 1 block, and ride 3 blocks to the Hotel. Turn off the ignition. Bitch about the exhausting ride, go into the hotel and meet everyone.

Whew, it's tough, but I'll survive.

Ron (even closer than bvail)
Dang! You lucky feller...See Ya on Thursday next.

Wrong, Bucko! I'm taking the gigantic Barcalounger. If I need a nap, I can just lay on the Wing-o-Baggo. And the Strom is not one of those sissy Wee wannabees. It's the fire breathin' lumpy one liter version. Wee's BIG BRO, VEE.
I know from experience the falling down thing sucks. The more one does it, the more it sucks. I think it's an age thing :unsure:
Well, that does explain things. Just remember, when nap time comes, STOP THE BIKE FIRST!!

:D :D

:yahoo:Well, I was gona leave on Friday but now I have to take a grandson to a Mariners game Friday night. Guese I will have to get going Saturday morning.

See ya all in Golden Thursday.

Dave

On thursday evening, right after registration closes, we will meet in the registration room.

Get ready to make a towel for somebody.

LOL!

GZ
GZ - It looks like a lot of us may miss the rally packs. I am leaving this Saturday for CO. Anything we'll be able to look at online before next Thursday.

griff

Well, after much deliberation, I have decided to pull myself out of the SS1K. I hate this decision, but it is probably the right one to make.

I'm sure you're right, but this just sucks. Guess I'll be taking applications for a wing man. *ahem* Oh Chriiiiis!

Just for you guys, I've cut my riding short today so you all can have rally packs tonight.
Thanks for going above and beyond GZ. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I'm sure you're right, but this just sucks. Guess I'll be taking applications for a wing man. *ahem* Oh Chriiiiis!
As long as that hand holding you and FJR_pig mentioned was only a figure of speech... :whistle: