NAFO 2016 Official Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to work a swing on Wed... so I will be rolling in Thursday afternoon. See ya then.

I'm leaving on Sunday after work. If there is enough people at work I will try to take a day off without pay for a early start. I will be there Monday evening regardless

Hoping to bring my FJR, still trying to figure a safe way to load it in the Candy van. If not, I will just bring my KTM 690, and my 350 xcw-w .

Smitty

Last edited by a moderator:
Thursday for us, unless there are a bunch of garage sales on the way. In that case, who knows when....
fool.gif

I'll be arriving Thursday.....

BobCo, just noticed you are in Monument; we appear to be "neighbors". I'm in Jackson Creek.....

Humm..... may have to leave sooner than planed to ride some dirt Wed and Thurs. before street riding Friday and Saturday. Put me down for sometime between Monday and Wednesday. I'll know my arrival date better as we get closer.

Clear as mud..eh?

I'll be arriving Thursday.....
BobCo, just noticed you are in Monument; we appear to be "neighbors". I'm in Jackson Creek.....
Yep. Cool. Just up the hill from you, near 83 & 105.. Were you at Bear Creek Elementary School with your FJR a couple of weeks ago? Send me a PM if you want.

Humm..... may have to leave sooner than planed to ride some dirt Wed and Thurs. before street riding Friday and Saturday. Put me down for sometime between Monday and Wednesday. I'll know my arrival date better as we get closer.
Clear as mud..eh?
So how does that Hippo do in the mud anyways? You are crazy!

Clear as mud..eh?
So how does that Hippo do in the mud anyways? You are crazy!
Michelin mud and snow run flat darkside rear tire! I can go anywhere Wheatie.

Sorry to hear Jon.

For me it's the opposite. Due to an unforeseen sequence of positive events and things falling into place, I am now in for my first and by far longest ride ever!

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Colorado for NAFO!

So, does anyone have an available room to share?

Sorry to hear Jon.
For me it's the opposite. Due to an unforeseen sequence of positive events and things falling into place, I am now in for my first and by far longest ride ever!

No room to share, but glad to hear your coming. You'll have a blast!

So, I have what is possibly a stupid question: On what day are most people planning on arriving? My plan is to be there Wednesday afternoon for the Thursday arrivals. I thought I was going to be a day early, but after speaking to a couple guys, it sounds like a few are planning on arriving on Wednesday also.
So, what is the major arrival day, Wednesday or Thursday?
Leaving dark:30 Thursday for a SaddleSore to Montrose.

At least that's the plan.

Sorry to hear Jon.

Love those positive events. PM coming your way on the room.

BTW, current plan is Thursday arrival--at least that's when I have the room booked. Might think about coming in a day earlier too, just to get a head start on the socializing. It's too far away for such details though. For me, anyway.

We will be heading out Saturday 7/23 and trailering to somewhere closer and then starting our ride. We may be just winging it, but probably will be at the hotel Wednesday afternoon.

We will depart either Tuesday after work or ass-crack-of-dawn Wednesday morning and plan to arrive Thursday, prolly late-ish.

Pista - when are you heading out?

We're leaving Saturday a.m. and heading towards Montrose via ??? hoping to arrive mid day Thurs. Finally have enough time to attempt a candy butt ride. I have been lead to believe there are a few scenic places along the way in Utah.

I plan to leave on Saturday and perhaps arrive as early as Wednesday if I don't decide to swing through my hometown Winter Park, otherwise Thursday.