NAFO 2016 Official Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fresh fluids all around and I will be good to go.
Just on the bike?
biggrin.png
Nope, I got a fine selection of brews heading to Bob & Janet's this weekend!
Well make sure I get to that electrical issue before trying them!
10-4... we have a few things to work out before the fun begins... gotta figure out which bike is going to CO (where the REAL fun begins!)
As it is pretty well documented by symptoms on here, I know right where to go to find the problem. We should be able to resolve it even if McGuyver has to show up!

FYI-- I plan to trade my 2013 FJR the day after I get back from NAFO.

I have removed the MCL stem nut with RAM ball GPS mount, and Garauld's highway pegs, but will have them with me to sell at a good price. If anyone's in the need, look me up at the Holiday Inn.

If you have any questions, please PM so this doesn't turn into a classifieds thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Changed reservation for more nights, plan to roll into Montrose Monday eve with bikes in trailer. Looking to dual sport ride Tuesday and Wed.
Dang, so envious. My plans are still flexible, but I'm thinking about riding Pikes Peak Wednesday morning and arrive in Montrose Wednesday afternoon. Maybe arriving Tuesday is a better idea?

Changed reservation for more nights, plan to roll into Montrose Monday eve with bikes in trailer. Looking to dual sport ride Tuesday and Wed.
Dang, so envious. My plans are still flexible, but I'm thinking about riding Pikes Peak Wednesday morning and arrive in Montrose Wednesday afternoon. Maybe arriving Tuesday is a better idea?
Now you guys are really making me jealous. Wish I could make it.

Decided to pass on this. We're adopting a rescue Dal on Sunday, to go with our other three, (don't ask...), so I'm going to make sure they all get along well. That, and the fact that my local stealership wants $800 to do a valve check, $325 apiece to service the steering neck and swingarm bearings means that I just need to get the manual out and take care of it myself... Have fun!

I just called the CO transportation hotline to see what the status was on the 550 retaining wall construction. As of right now they are still working on it. They claimed it was one lane, alternating traffic 24/7 by flagman (during construction) or traffic light (during off hours). Only 6 min. wait during off hours and 20 min. or more during daytime construction.

Packing my bags and the bike today & tomorrow. T minus 43 hrs and counting!!

I just called the CO transportation hotline to see what the status was on the 550 retaining wall construction. As of right now they are still working on it. They claimed it was one lane, alternating traffic 24/7 by flagman (during construction) or traffic light (during off hours). Only 6 min. wait during off hours and 20 min. or more during daytime construction.
43 hours? You will either be there really early or you are taking the really long way! I don't leave until Saturday and I am coming from Virginia!

43 hours? You will either be there really early or you are taking the really long way! I don't leave until Saturday and I am coming from Virginia!
Taking the long way Bob. (Also hitting the Beemer rally in Paonia this weekend, for shits and giggles). 10 days of strafing the Rockies. Should be able to cover the majority of it! Look forward to seeing everyone in Montrose.

I'm headed out tomorrow!!! Bags are packed and bike is ready! Of course, I'm taking the loooong way there.... See y'all in Montrose!

.... hopefully the weather Gods will smile on all of us...
Not happy at all about the temps from ATL to CO (shown below is for next week). Riding for 12+ hours above 95F does NOT = fun.

If it does not cool off by departure date I hereby officially reserve the right to trailer some (or all of) the way :uhoh:

[img=[URL="https://s31.postimg.org/jzrqj9u4b/OKC_Mid_July_2016_Temps.jpg%5D"]https://s31.postimg.org/jzrqj9u4b/OKC_Mid_July_2016_Temps.jpg][/URL]
It's a dry heat.

.... hopefully the weather Gods will smile on all of us...
Not happy at all about the temps from ATL to CO (shown below is for next week). Riding for 12+ hours above 95F does NOT = fun.

If it does not cool off by departure date I hereby officially reserve the right to trailer some (or all of) the way
uhoh.gif

[img=[URL="https://s31.postimg.org/jzrqj9u4b/OKC_Mid_July_2016_Temps.jpg%5D"]https://s31.postimg.org/jzrqj9u4b/OKC_Mid_July_2016_Temps.jpg][/URL]
It's a dry heat.
finger.gif

Ok, everyone, slightly off the current topic, but quite in line:

Because NAFO is just about a week away, the deadline for refunds has passed. Money is going out to vendors for the different items, to be sure they are ready by the rally date.

Please plan accordingly.

"Dry heat" = roast
"Humid heat" = broil
Humid heat = poached. Ask anybody along the Mississippi.
upset.gif
All mesh gear = wind-seared, baked, then steamed into a re-fried mess
weirdsmiley.gif

Still trying to figure out which day I can leave and whether I'll be trailering or riding. Really looking forward to meeting everyone and getting some good riding in!!!!