NAFO 2016 Official Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wizard37 posted: I went out to Trinity site, Meteor Crater last year so this is a similar similar length but a more comfortable seat. I look forward to meeting like minds who "get it", see you there.

TRINITY SITE?!? [envy of the highest order] Place is only open two days a year ... obviously run by Communists. Talk to me in Montrose, please! Trinity Site is very, very high on my geek-a-zoid bucket list.
Trinity is in the middle of an active range. It is now only open one day a year (budget cuts) - first Sat in April. Get there very early to avoid the queue. It's cold waiting for the sun to come over the hills. See you there at Montrose.

Hey boys and girls. I got a PM from Greg, so figured I better stop messing around and post. I know we talked about it, but I don't remember the details. I'm leaving for Red Lodge in about 10 minutes, so it will be tonight before I get back on. I sent Wayne an email, so I'll have an answer soon.

Sorry for the delay, just been super busy! Who had surgery, Crazy Dave Cooley? We'll keep space for that dude as long as we can. We need to have final dates to be able to order printed lanyards, shirts and then dinner. There's still some time, just not sure how much.

I'll be back this evening. Maybe sooner if I get bored at a gas stop.

I'll chime in here...

We set the cut off date for shirt orders as Monday, June 27th. That is the next significant milestone with registration.

It is posted here on the NAFO website.

More to follow as Marty, AJ, and I discuss...

Wayne

Who had surgery, Crazy Dave Cooley? We'll keep space for that dude as long as we can.
Yeah, the one and only. Just spoke with him today though and he's doing good. Had to get the ol' prostate poked around at and he said he's already itchin' to go ride again. Best thing of all is he gave up smoking (never ever thought I would see that) so we won't have to breathe his 2nd hand anymore at EVERY single stop.

So what's the word on registration closing? I've got time off from the new job, now I'm just trying to find someone to watch our son for a week and a half before I register my wife and I.

About Darksiding, I attended the first NAFO in Golden CO and rode my Gl1800 on the SS1k with my first CT Kumho Ecsta run flat. Only had 150 miles on the tire but did just fine. I was the only rider not on an FJR. Nothing to fear from Dark side

Last edited by a moderator:
REMINDER - The cut off for NAFO 2016 shirt orders (with registration) is tomorrow - June 27th. At midnight, I will remove the shirt order option from the registration page. Registration will remain open, but you will not be able to order shirts.

-wayne

REMINDER - The cut off for NAFO 2016 shirt orders (with registration) is tomorrow - June 27th. At midnight, I will remove the shirt order option from the registration page. Registration will remain open, but you will not be able to order shirts.
-wayne
Are there any photos of what the shirts are going to look like? Any logos, stitching, or pictures?

https://www.attacktheroad.com/nafo5/application/files/4414/5158/5982/nafo_shirt_full_nfix.jpg

Looks kinda plain in the picture on the registration page....maybe I'm missing something....
pardon.gif

Could a seasoned Colorado afficionado offer the wife and I some idea of what kind of temperatures swings we can expect in and around the nafo event next month? We're pretty much clueless. Hoping it's at least a little cooler than the 96 degree shakedown ride we did today.

Could a seasoned Colorado afficionado offer the wife and I some idea of what kind of temperatures swings we can expect in and around the nafo event next month? We're pretty much clueless. Hoping it's at least a little cooler than the 96 degree shakedown ride we did today.
No expert, hate to hazard a guess, so here's a link to Montrose's climate conditions -

https://www.usclimatedata.com/climate/montrose/colorado/united-states/usco0275

Make sure you can layer your clothes. Depending on where you go you may have to dress for anything from the high 40's to mid 90's. Always a chance for rain.

-wayne
Are there any photos of what the shirts are going to look like? Any logos, stitching, or pictures?

https://www.attacktheroad.com/nafo5/application/files/4414/5158/5982/nafo_shirt_full_nfix.jpg]https://www.attacktheroad.com/nafo5/application/files/4414/5158/5982/nafo_shirt_full_nfix.jpg[/url]

Looks kinda plain in the picture on the registration page....maybe I'm missing something.... :pardon:
Feel free to add your own rhinestones.
I'm sorry that was hurtful...I am presuming that they have the words NAFO on them somewheres.

...and a skull and naked Betty for an extra 50¢.

Expect low 90s by day and low 60s by night around Montrose. When you cross the passes expect 20 degrees cooler with a chance of snow. I hope there is no hail. Imagine a foot of hail in the summer?

05262010_Colorado_Massive_Hailstorm.jpg

Expect low 90s by day and low 60s by night around Montrose. When you cross the passes expect 20 degrees cooler with a chance of snow. I hope there is no hail. Imagine a foot of hail in the summer?

05262010_Colorado_Massive_Hailstorm.jpg
Got caught in a hail storm outside of Salida in 2013...thank goodness I was just west of town a few miles and could take cover. That was painful...ha.