NAFO 2016 Official Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bump - Reminder - NAFO Shirt Order cut off is today at midnight

REMINDER - The cut off for NAFO 2016 shirt orders (with registration) is tomorrow - June 27th. At midnight, I will remove the shirt order option from the registration page. Registration will remain open, but you will not be able to order shirts.

-wayne

Here are stock images for the logo and shirt from Marty.
Montrose%202_zpsjqjmlaan.jpg

Montrose_zps9bszq2bk.jpg

Ordered mine, and looking forward to rocking it wherever and whenever it's worn.

Last edited by a moderator:
zzzzip posted: zzzzip and Mrs. zzzzip registered. this is good.... now the room only costs me half as much.
smile.png
And she'll split the cost of food, gas, and drink, too! What a deal!

Dang, only two weeks till lift off for NAFO. I suppose I should start to give it some thought, get some tires ordered, and plan a route. I'm not sure I have enough rubber on the Tenere or the FJR for the round trip.

Dang, only two weeks till lift off for NAFO. I suppose I should start to give it some thought, get some tires ordered, and plan a route. I'm not sure I have enough rubber on the Tenere or the FJR for the round trip.
When in doubt replace it, cheaper money then having to do it on the road.

I am getting pumped for this NAFO thing, big old list of shit to do but that's half the fun of getting out of town. Can't wait to see old friends and meet some new ones. I hope Marty brings enough ice cream for everybody
hyper.gif

I have to get some new rubber put on this weekend. Have had the tires for a couple of weeks. Fresh fluids all around and I will be good to go.

Just dropped a few bucks on a set of new PR4s for the FJ-09 and PR4-GTs for the FJR...installation this weekend...gives us a week to scuff them in before we leave the 24th. BTO had a deal online for sets of PR4s...took them up on it. The rear on the FJ-09 was down to 4mm after only 1800 miles...a D222...guess those are off the list in the future. I have a PR4 on the rear of my FJR, non-GT, still has 3mm left after 6,000. But it gets new shoes before we leave too. I don't think either one would have survived the 4,000 miles we have planned. I am taking no chances with the bike the son is going to be riding. Especially since he is going for his first SS1000 on the way out to Utah. On the FJ09 forum there are many reports of the stock D222 being completely toast at 5K miles.

Everyone have a safe journey out to Montrose!!! We will see you there...hopefully the weather Gods will smile on all of us...

.... hopefully the weather Gods will smile on all of us...
Not happy at all about the temps from ATL to CO (shown below is for next week). Riding for 12+ hours above 95F does NOT = fun.

If it does not cool off by departure date I hereby officially reserve the right to trailer some (or all of) the way
uhoh.gif

OKC_Mid_July_2016_Temps.jpg

Bummer Ralph. I was looking forward to seeing you and meeting your wife. Next NAFO for sure, right?

Mike, we were really looking forward to it but are back in PDX covering the business for my daughter who went to Europe for a wedding. Yes, I love that area of CO and we will head there later in the year from AZ. Any talk about NAFO or other rally locations in 2017?

Have a fantastic time!

When in doubt replace it, cheaper money then having to do it on the road.

I am getting pumped for this NAFO thing, big old list of shit to do but that's half the fun of getting out of town. Can't wait to see old friends and meet some new ones. I hope Marty brings enough ice cream for everybody
hyper.gif
Well it looks like the Tenere is going to get the nod for this NAFO trip to Colorado. A fresh set of Continental TKC70 tires are on order from DennisKirk.com. Biased 60% road 40% dirt in case I get a chance to do some mild off road riding while I am there.

.... hopefully the weather Gods will smile on all of us...
Not happy at all about the temps from ATL to CO (shown below is for next week). Riding for 12+ hours above 95F does NOT = fun.

If it does not cool off by departure date I hereby officially reserve the right to trailer some (or all of) the way
uhoh.gif

OKC_Mid_July_2016_Temps.jpg

This has been my daily riding forecast for a few weeks. The trick is to get out and ride at 5am and be back by 11am. The humidity is brutal right now pushing 80's into the high 90's. I bought a cooling vest and a heat-out shirt from cyclegear which helps out a ton. At least its not raining hahaha

Just dropped a few bucks on a set of new . . . PR4-GTs for the FJR.... I have a PR4 on the rear of my FJR, non-GT . . . .
If you remember when you get back I'd be interested in knowing what difference in ride you felt, if any, between the two.

My bike has fresh service and new shoes. Ready to roll. Fortunately for me, I'll be shoving off next Wed with Dave and getting an extra week of riding the CO cool-aid before heading to Montrose. Can't wait to get up there.