NAFO 2016 Official Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trademark puddle of Oil under the rear of your Bike,
How long did it take for that final drive to fail?
Brother Don, for all of these many years I always thought you were "A Good Canadian"! I'm grief stricken, what a shocking disappointment that you're no better than Billy "Beemer Basher" Fitz! JSNS, Bummer eh!

Last edited by a moderator:
As Old Michael will tell you that motel is the preferred motel for the Bust Tech Day crowd. We know how to pick em.
Unfortunately the sheep pen does not show in the photo.
Hey Jamtart, don't you have a CFR to plan oot or a moose to milk eh! JSNS, Hoser!

Colorado's Best Motorcycle Roads, eh: https://www.motorcycleroads.com/Routes/Colorado_81.html Million Dollar Highway '550':

680-million-dollar-highway-colorado-20-oct-14.jpg
Good spot for you to take a picture Don.

S76 was coming up behind me so I didn't stop to snap this one in 2010 at the same spot it looks.

12052557_1711623989060954_436139226632546643_o.jpg
A similar view from my ride through there in 2013...what a great road! They have an aversion to guard rails in Colorado...

IMG_2832-XL.jpg

There is logic behind the aversion to guard rails.

They make it extra hard for the snowplows to clear the road.

There is logic behind the aversion to guard rails.They make it extra hard for the snowplows to clear the road.
Besides, if you wreck on one of these roads it will likely be a recovery not a rescue, so why waste taxpayer money on guardrails?

The last time I rode that highway I was on my POSKLR enjoying staying up with a KTM and a Husaberg that had been running off and leaving me all day off road. (Q-tip and another crazy Texican they called the sandwich king.)

Good times...
smile.png

BTW, it was raining like hell to add to the excitement! lol...

The last time I rode that highway I was on my POSKLR enjoying staying up with a KTM and a Husaberg that had been running off and leaving me all day off road. (Q-tip and another crazy Texican they called the sandwich king.)

Good times...
smile.png

BTW, it was raining like hell to add to the excitement! lol...
I'd love to have my KTM there!

Rain is ok, but hold the snow please.

This little guy let me stop and shoot him with my camera a little South of that famous picture above.

12186776_1713251715564848_7676598193202282499_o.jpg

The Iron Butt Fashionista riding the Million Dollar Highway on a BMW R1200GS, in the rain just like the fecking Canuckistanis like it eh! JSNS, Wet ese!

The Iron Butt Fashionista riding the Million Dollar Highway on a BMW R1200GS, in the rain just like the fecking Canuckistanis like it eh! JSNS, Wet ese!

I'm outta Likes, but ^^LIKEY^^

Reminded me of one of my first big trips up to Nova Scotia... probably 25 yrs ago now. We didn't have the comfy bikes and seats of today, 300mi. was a full day riding w butt rest stops, so we spent an entire week going around NS..... everyday was fog and rain! (just like yur video!). Thanks for the remembrance Don.
wink.png
but, great M-D road footage, never the less in yur video. :)

Say...... It's Happy-Happy Day tomorrow for our resident 'el Beemer Don Juan!

Just so you guys understand---------they don't put guard rails on some portions of Colorado roads as the avalanches and rockslides would frequently remove them. hummmm. You can expect snow at any time any month of the year in the higher elevations. Snow is only dangerous when it STICKS. If it is melting on the roads it's OK and won't make you slide off the road where you think guard rails should be. JSNS.

Just one more thing---Hw 550 out of Durango was closed almost all Summer this year Except for one hour at Noon and after 5 pm. If that is the case this coming Summer it would put a major glitch in Durango as a location.

Being a Colorado Resident I would pick Gunnison or Montrose Co as a better location for a late July meet as they are much cooler. Also this would open up much more of Colorado to day excursions as you could go any direction and be on some of the best MC roads in the state. I would suggest Paonia Colorado where the BMW meet is located about that time but there are few hotels there. The Beemers all camp all 800 of them.

Sorry to chime in so late on this but I just caught this thread. AJ and Don if you need me to check out hotels in Montrose or Gunnison let me know. I will check on road status for 2016 as soon as I can. If you want to get a head start on Co. construction schedules www.cotrip is a good place to start.

OK, roadwork on US 550 is scheduled to be completed June 2016 so that is NOT a consideration in choosing a location if the meet is in July.

Zbear posted: OK, roadwork on US 550 is scheduled to be completed June 2016 so that is NOT a consideration in choosing a location if the meet is in July.
Somebody actually believes highway work gets completed on schedule?

Subbed. No idea if I would be able to make it out there as I'm sure the Mrs. would certainly want to go and we will have a 1 yr. old to deal with....

Also, what the heck does JSNS stand for? I keep seeing people use it and Google actually seems to be ignorant on the topic.

Subbed. No idea if I would be able to make it out there as I'm sure the Mrs. would certainly want to go and we will have a 1 yr. old to deal with....
Also, what the heck does JSNS stand for? I keep seeing people use it and Google actually seems to be ignorant on the topic.
Grandma and/or Grandpa around for baby sitting so you two can get away for a few days?? :D Where are the baby pics, btw??? :wub:

JSNS - Just Sayin, Nuff Said ;)

Grandma and/or Grandpa around for baby sitting so you two can get away for a few days??
biggrin.png
Where are the baby pics, btw???
wub.png

JSNS - Just Sayin, Nuff Said
wink.png
Careful...

He may be Grandpa...

JSNS.....

smile.png

Grandma and/or Grandpa around for baby sitting so you two can get away for a few days??
biggrin.png
wub.png

wink.png
Careful...

He may be Grandpa...

JSNS.....

smile.png
He's not... I met him and his lovely bride at NAFO last year... they are nowhere close to being grandparents... but I did have lunch earlier this year with them and found out they were preggers. So there. :p

biggrin.png
wub.png

wink.png
Careful...

He may be Grandpa...

JSNS.....

smile.png
He's not... I met him and his lovely bride at NAFO last year... they are nowhere close to being grandparents... but I did have lunch earlier this year with them and found out they were preggers. So there.
tongue.png
tonguesmiley.gif

I didn't have insider info.

I was JS....

smile.png