NAFO 2016 Official Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I do every time you dorks convince me to go east and get rained on. An IBR day and a shorter day. Easy peasy!!

Got this listed on my calendar at work. Planning on seeing Durango again; in 1993, it was covered in snow, but that was the point. Rode the Million Dollar Highway to ski in Telluride for one day, and probably shit myself four times driving back on it -- with a sleeping family, in the snow, well after dark.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to clarify, and if I can read past all the bullshit in this thread....

NAFO 2016

JULY 28-31 2016

DURANGO, COLORADO

HOTEL (SCENE OF THE CRIME) STILL PENDING

Sum it up?

I'm in. Not that it matters...
no.gif

1925mi for me, and that's all slab. The trailering sounds better every time I think about Kansas and crossing the plains.

hmmmm

Just to clarify, and if I can read past all the bullshit in this thread....

NAFO 2016

JULY 28-31 2016

DURANGO, COLORADO

HOTEL (SCENE OF THE CRIME) STILL PENDING

Sum it up?

I'm in. Not that it matters...
no.gif
https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/165403-nafo-2016-official-thread/page-1 Yo erixun, since BeemerDonS is the "Brains" and HotRodZilla is the "Brawn": I will move all pertinent information required for booking NAFO to the very first page of this thread under Post #5.

As "El Pendejo Grande" develops NAFO more, it'll be moved to #5 on Page One. Also after first of the year I'll start a New NAFO Header for an Attendance List that I will maintain, so a participant can easily see which of his Weirdo FJR Forum Friends will be in Durango Colorado ese! JSNS!

Plan A would be to trailer out Ray & my bike and save the tires on the bikes for the tasty bits.

I've already decided to put the South Africa trip on hold for another year so that I can do CFR, the Red Lodge Rendezvous and NAFO. Along with the dirt bike stuff here in Ontario it is going to be a busy riding season in 2016.

I'm torn now. Seeing some of the off road pictures makes me want to trailer the DRZ out, but the vacation bank is not that robust.

But it will be a BB1500 out and back.

That's what I do every time you dorks convince me to go east and get rained on. An IBR day and a shorter day. Easy peasy!!

Hmmm. Google shows fastest route to Durango ts 6 hrs 54 min.

With some creative road choices I should be able to stretch that to 14 hrs.

...since BeemerDonS is the "Brains" and HotRodZilla is the "Brawn"....
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.......................... stop it you're killing me.
haha.gif
I was wondering how long it would take someone to catch that. HAHA! Your right on top of it there today Yamafitter.

"Brains" and "Brawn"....too damn funny...more like Chazz Michael Michaels and Jimmy MacElroy...

1885 miles for me. I would love to make this, but I don't see it happening this time around. Unless I, or Joe, wins the lottery. In which case, I will off the same thing that he did. Double our odds...

1885 miles for me. I would love to make this, but I don't see it happening this time around. Unless I, or Joe, wins the lottery. In which case, I will off the same thing that he did. Double our odds...
Jon, I have this beauty "just sitting" in my side yard. 28ft, w tie down cleats, should easily be enough room for 6 bikes plus gear!
smile.png
....We could share the diesel-fuel tab; out there n back!?

A068E853-387A-4DD0-91B6-791A1A600627_11.jpg

Oh, man. I'm going to have to do some thinking/talking. It's not the miles in the saddle that would be the issue. Just the time. It wouldn't feel right to burn a week+ of vacation time without the family. But maybe... just maybe.... I don't think I'd have to twist Mel's arm to take a trip to Colorado. There may be other factors that I'm not seeing just yet. I'll float it out now. Lots of time to plan.

Guess I should have talked to the boss first. I told her where and when....

She said:

"Can we go!?!"

I think she'll be spending the evening looking for camping spots en route.

So I guess I'm a strong maybe.