Name That Place Game

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Diablo Lake?

I think I've been there.

30512339747_843e8cf6bb_b.jpg

I recognize it as Rocky Mtn National Park from the video. I'll bet you rode it West to East because I sure didn't remember the main view pic you posted. It's a great pic, though.

My memory of RMNP scenery is about 30 seconds in your video. It was beautiful. A small storm blew through when we got to the higher altitudes and it almost blew us off the road with hail. I pulled off to put the rain gear on and my seat cushion blew off the bike. I remember less scenery from that part.

You are correct. We did do it west to east. This was the last hours, maybe minutes of good stuff on our 20+ day Reuben Run trip in 2018. Right at the parks exit we ate a late breakfast in Gatlinburgish Estes Park. Shortly after that it was a smoggy Denver and then two and a half days of slab to home. 

That's it, Ross! I almost skipped this on my return trip from Montana, but we were so glad we didn't. It was a great ride through the park. We have probably hundreds of great pics there but I'll just post just two more.

Take it away...

I was there too!

P1000187.jpg

Here is one a little more to the eastern side of the continent.  USA site.

Should be familiar to a number of people on this forum...

P1000230.jpg

That's it, Ross! I almost skipped this on my return trip from Montana, but we were so glad we didn't. It was a great ride through the park. We have probably hundreds of great pics there but I'll just post just two more.

Take it away...

I was there too!

If you've been to the Badlands

35559877920_6ded7390b0_b.jpg

Without being here

35778969152_0063b61337_b.jpg

35559890910_06fbf0c66f_b.jpg

35559891600_a59296dcdb_b.jpg

You've missed a great American tourist trap.

I finally found it! I was almost convinced global warming had melted that landmark. Then I found your SpotWalla link from your post on the SS1000. You guys didn't take 93 / Great Basin Hwy down from Ely to Crystal Springs. You took 318. 

The exact spot is 318 Great Basin Landmark

Obviously I'm a bit bored these days...
Boy this thread traveled fast! I've been with out power or internet for almost 4 days.

So it was farther south than I thought!  About 11 Hr's into the day and over 700 miles!